Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Struggling To Hold Above $500 USD.  (Read 4965 times)
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:13:19 AM

Well, it's higher then like, well, last week. So it's not really a crash. More like it was unsustainable for the price to keep going like that.

Not really a crash? Seriously? So when the price went from 200 to 900 in 2 weeks i guess it wasn't really a rise..
Pay them no attention. They seriously use that rationalization every single time we crash. This is what is known as "denial". I'd post the sentiment chart, but it's really been overdone.
WEAK HAND DETECTED WEAK HAND DETECTED

Can you even hold a bottle?!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:14:04 AM

Well, it's higher then like, well, last week. So it's not really a crash. More like it was unsustainable for the price to keep going like that.

Not really a crash? Seriously? So when the price went from 200 to 900 in 2 weeks i guess it wasn't really a rise..
Pay them no attention. They seriously use that rationalization every single time we crash. This is what is known as "denial". I'd post the sentiment chart, but it's really been overdone.

Lot of new users now and then the Sentiment chart should just be a sticky itself XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:37:13 AM

I agree $500 is going to provide some serious support, we'll see if it holds up!

$500 will offer as serious a support as it offered a serious resistance "back then" (3 days ago).
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:42:50 AM

Mod trolling a mod?

Cheesy

I think we will be moving a lot. Price fluctuations are getting bigger and bigger with each new upswing.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:46:02 AM

All those threads "do you think bitcoin will hit 400$ / 300$ / 200$?" will become active again. For all the wrong reasons this time  Tongue
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:48:07 AM

$500 is the new $100. Bitcoin will have crashes below and rallies above $500 for the next 6 months until the next bubble.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:49:22 AM

Bit too soon to call that I think. Remember, $100 was the new $120. And $120 was the new $160.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

Mod trolling a mod?

Cheesy

I think we will be moving a lot. Price fluctuations are getting bigger and bigger with each new upswing.

This is gonna be a wild ride indeed.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

I remember when they handed us all hats that said Dow 10,000 and asked everyone on the trading floor to wear them whenever we hit it in the next days for the photo op.    They did not think it was as cool of a photo when people wore them when we hit it going the other way.

davidtehbest

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:02:08 PM

I just wish I knew of a good way to buy and sell during these times.

Always used Coinbase but that was a failure.  I bought at $65 so it's not like I'm mad in the least, but I was trying to sell at $850 yesterday and couldn't find anything that wanted to work for me.   I don't trust BTC-E or MtGox since I have heard horror stories out of both of them.

Guess I need to check this CampBX site out.

In one more day they will start doing ACH deposits and withdraws, cant wait!
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:17:32 PM

I was trying to sell at $850 yesterday and couldn't find anything that wanted to work for me.

Huh  You couldn't sell on Coinbase?

What happened?

I was thinking to myself (when Gox hit $900), "This is going up way too fast.  It hasn't even taken a breath today.  This reminds me of $266 in April.  Maybe I should sell the coins I have on Coinbase."

Checked the chart one more time and a nosedive with a sea of red.

Alt-Tabbed back to Coinbase and hit sell when the price was still $850.  It didn't go through.  Tried again and got halfway through and it told me the price had changed.  Hit Confirm again and I finally got out at $733.

Bought back in at $525 after the crash.  I rarely trade like this (never, actually), but I knew that I was catching this one.  Still I turned 3 bitcoins into 4 for free.

Then they started their "Buy at market a week from now" nonsense.  But since I had money ready to buy and any other option would take at least a week anyway, I went ahead and tried it.  It appears that they have locked me at $525 already (not too unbelievable since it dipped below $500 for a while).  But we'll see when they go to deliver on Monday.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

$500 is the new $100. Bitcoin will have crashes below and rallies above $500 for the next 6 months until the next bubble.

Haha. No. Barring horrible news, the next bubble will be in less than 6 months. The bubbles are speeding up now. If we consolidate and start to go up again, we are going to be testing ATHs potentially in a few weeks. At the very least, we will be pre-bubble again in the next 2-3 months at the latest.
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:29:48 PM

I just wish I knew of a good way to buy and sell during these times.

Always used Coinbase but that was a failure.  I bought at $65 so it's not like I'm mad in the least, but I was trying to sell at $850 yesterday and couldn't find anything that wanted to work for me.   I don't trust BTC-E or MtGox since I have heard horror stories out of both of them.

Guess I need to check this CampBX site out.

In one more day they will start doing ACH deposits and withdraws, cant wait!

You CAN wait.  And you'll have to, since they delayed it until the 27th.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:48:39 PM

you all don´t get it:

the chinese madness will soon continue. next steep rise: this year.   Grin
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:52:42 PM

I was trying to sell at $850 yesterday and couldn't find anything that wanted to work for me.

What happened?

I was thinking to myself (when Gox hit $900), "This is going up way too fast.  It hasn't even taken a breath today.  This reminds me of $266 in April.  Maybe I should sell the coins I have on Coinbase."

Alt-Tabbed back to Coinbase and hit sell when the price was still $850.  It didn't go through.  Tried again and got halfway through and it told me the price had changed.  Hit Confirm again and I finally got out at $733.

Bought back in at $525 after the crash.  I rarely trade like this (never, actually), but I knew that I was catching this one.  Still I turned 3 bitcoins into 4 for free.

Then they started their "Buy at market a week from now" nonsense.  But since I had money ready to buy and any other option would take at least a week anyway, I went ahead and tried it.  It appears that they have locked me at $525 already (not too unbelievable since it dipped below $500 for a while).  But we'll see when they go to deliver on Monday.

That's what I was trying to do, but I couldn't connect to Coinbase.  I never sold on Coinbase, so maybe I was doing something wrong, but every time I tried to sell the website timed out.
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:53:06 PM

you all don´t get it:

the chinese madness will soon continue. next steep rise: this year.   Grin

You just want to party for Christmas...  Wink

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:53:54 PM

What happened?

That's what I was trying to do, but I couldn't connect to Coinbase.  I never sold on Coinbase, so maybe I was doing something wrong, but every time I tried to sell the website timed out.

I was lucky because I was already logged in because I was already thinking of selling at $875.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:59:54 PM

I was lucky because I was already logged in because I was already thinking of selling at $875.

Nice.  I didn't even think about selling until it hit like $900 and that's because I wanted to sell and then wait for the retraction and buy more... oh well, I still got my coins, so I am happy.

Might buy some more for the Holidays and hold them for another year or two. 
lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:07:59 AM

Could this be a hint that the U.S. is about to reduce money supply and taper?

The deficits are shrinking, debts are being repaid.

Tapering would lead to less total dollars in the market. Thus ridding the need for bitcoin and gold holdings.

Take a look at how stockmarkets worldwide are trending down... QE isn't a one way street.

U.S. Defence spending is down 30% this year. Food Stamps being cut. Everything is being cut to repay the debt so that they can taper.

Onto bitcoin:

Flaws with bitcoin's block sizes being discovered.

Large flaws in exchanges matching orders, e.g. Gox.

All on our favourite bearish website, zerohedge.

favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:56:59 AM

Bitcoin Struggling To Hold Above $500 USD.

Did you mean to say $600?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀