Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:49:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bunny run faucet not paying?  (Read 1035 times)
Jochen (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:24:38 AM

Hi,

I am using the faucet of http://boklund.nu/bunnyrun/ a few times(2 weeks now) but i don't see any transaction of them on blockchain.info.
I just entered my btc address 1Pp2L6SjivEfPu3td7oyy16si1A51S1m7D in that coin of BTC and slide the captcha to fit. Then i let the bunny run and see what place i am, and howmany btc i won. Are the btc's normally directly added to the wallet or is it added to a site like coinbase.com or any?

Grtz
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:31:13 AM

Faucets have more or less been killed off since they essentially send what is called dust (very small bitcoin amounts measured in Satoshis).  This clogs up the network so it is filtered out by most nodes.  As it currently stands the amount paid by Bunny run would be less than the fee to send it (kind of like mailing somebody a 12 cent check with a 50 cents of postage).
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

Faucets have more or less been killed off since they essentially send what is called dust (very small bitcoin amounts measured in Satoshis).  This clogs up the network so it is filtered out by most nodes.  As it currently stands the amount paid by Bunny run would be less than the fee to send it (kind of like mailing somebody a 12 cent check with a 50 cents of postage).

More like "I'll mail you a free penny if you send me a self-address stamped envelope".

A faucet originally gave out free bitcoins for testing and introduction when Bitcoin was new, bitcoins had no established value and some were willing to share easily-mined coins to introduce new users.

Now the word has been stolen by scammers enticing people to look at ads and click on links, or even nonsense like "1 btc raffle faucet". When these guys do pay, they pay dust that is cheaper to discard than pay the additional fees to get it out of your wallet. There is no faucet, click "ignore".

If you want to test Bitcoin with free fake money, start it with the -testnet option, where there is still a faucet and the coins are useful because they are worthless.
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:20:04 PM

I've always enjoyed bunnyrun simply because it is fun, and you get a small prize a few hours later. Historically, it has paid reliably, but it does appear it is no longer paying, and the owner should probably post this on the site so people know.  Undecided

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:47:40 PM

Faucets should switch to a cheaper coin so they can send larger amounts.  Move the decimal a few places to the left and pay it out in LTC instead.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:33:51 AM

Faucets should switch to a cheaper coin so they can send larger amounts.  Move the decimal a few places to the left and pay it out in LTC instead.

There are ltc faucets and other faucets as well!

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:11:42 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 11:00:42 PM by DooMAD

Faucets should switch to a cheaper coin so they can send larger amounts.  Move the decimal a few places to the left and pay it out in LTC instead.

Yep, I've been using Litecoiner for a while and have 0.0067 LTC built up on that so far.  Also just started using LTC4YOU, which I think is pretty new.  Got 0.0007 LTC built up after 2 or 3 days.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:58:50 PM

Yep, I've been using Litecoiner for a while and have 0.0067 LTC built up on that so far.  Also just started using LTC4YOU, which I think is pretty new.  Got 0.0007 LTC built up after 2 or 3 days.

That isnt much, but then again its free. The best things to do is go for a really new alt coin and rack up as much as you can. Then hope that the price will go up like crazy! Cheesy

Bitcoin Is A Great Idea

Activity: 65

It is! :)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:13:38 AM

Yep, the idea of using altcoins instead of sending smaller amounts is great. That way, the fees will be much lower, and the amount given away can be much higher.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:15:54 AM

Yep, the idea of using altcoins instead of sending smaller amounts is great. That way, the fees will be much lower, and the amount given away can be much higher.

Well you can still pile up the btc and send to 100 people at once with 0 fee on btc.

hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:15:59 AM

I guess this in very surprising but it is sad seeing older faucets I used to visit not as useful as the once were.  If it is offline or will be soon it would be nice to see a bunny run 2.0.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: