Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why mining is not wort the time?  (Read 2501 times)
FlevasGR (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:46:44 PM

Everyone says that isnt worth the time to mine but why? I love this idea of mining and i want to get my hands on 3-4 USB Miners and start mining and selling contracs on ebay Smiley
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:27:39 PM

mining is worth the time. depending on how you value your time. its whether its worth the Electric to mine. and with ASICS it is but most people and miners cant predict the future so who knows.
the thing people most complain about is the return on investment so lets day you spend 0.01 on a block erupter will you ever make that back? i for one think you will in time aslong as the block erupter is maintained and cooled it should make double whay you spend on it. but that said it could take a very very very long time maybe even 3 or 4 years

the way i see it with mining is the hardware cost is the price you pay for the fun of mining kind of like the cost of joining a club. but you get a chance to be in the game and have the chance to make it pretty big if you play everything just right
mining will only become unprofitable for me when there is a difference in what the hardware costs to run and how much it generates

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:36:40 PM

Bitcoin mining isn't worth it because it's almost always better to buy btc instead of btc mining equipment.
Usb miners in particular is a very bad choice with one of the lowest ROI out there.

Just google for a bitcoin mining calculator and see what to expect from usb miners and other mining equipment.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:41:08 PM

Bitcoin mining isn't worth it because it's almost always better to buy btc instead of btc mining equipment.
Usb miners in particular is a very bad choice with one of the lowest ROI out there.

Just google for a bitcoin mining calculator and see what to expect from usb miners and other mining equipment.

yes but at the same time its the cheapest device out there and aslong as your willing to wait then you will make a ROI eventually

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:45:16 PM

Everyone says that isnt worth the time to mine but why? I love this idea of mining and i want to get my hands on 3-4 USB Miners and start mining and selling contracs on ebay Smiley

If you want to have a chance at positive ROI you need to look here: http://www.coinchoose.com
poelling92
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:50:39 PM

If you mean USB Block errupters, these are more for fun than serious mining. Not power effecient + you need running comp or buy rPi.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:54:06 PM

yes but at the same time its the cheapest device out there and aslong as your willing to wait then you will make a ROI eventually

The difficulty is going up constantly. Even if you mine 24/7 for the next thousand years you will barely make more than 0.01 BTC in total from each usb.
milkthecow

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

Its too complicated for newbie choosing, buying hardware and running mining, isn't it?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 02:11:13 PM

Its too complicated for newbie choosing, buying hardware and running mining, isn't it?

No. I think it's not too difficult even for newbies.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:14:19 PM

Good luck finding the buyers fools.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:14:44 PM

mining is worth the time. depending on how you value your time. its whether its worth the Electric to mine. and with ASICS it is but most people and miners cant predict the future so who knows.
the thing people most complain about is the return on investment so lets day you spend 0.01 on a block erupter will you ever make that back? i for one think you will in time aslong as the block erupter is maintained and cooled it should make double whay you spend on it. but that said it could take a very very very long time maybe even 3 or 4 years

In even a few months you won't get anything with a BlockErupter. Just like you don't get anything when you CPU mine now.
hermann1983

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:18:07 PM

The difficulty is going up constantly. Even if you mine 24/7 for the next thousand years you will barely make more than 0.01 BTC in total from each usb.

These miners will not last more than few years. You should estimate max 3 years of mining to be safe
FlevasGR (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

https://localbitcoins.com
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:32:17 PM

What part of "mining contracts on ebay =/= selling bitcoins on localbticoins" aren't you getting?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
FlevasGR (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:37:13 PM

What part of "mining contracts on ebay =/= selling bitcoins on localbticoins" aren't you getting?

You should know how to use "quote" correctly
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:57:34 PM

You should know how to use "quote" correctly

Ok , I'm sorry for my mistake (?) , to make it up to you I'm gonna buy your mining contracts , do you have a price for your 3-4 x 300MH contract in mind?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Jeremiah2911

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:09:52 PM

Mining bitcoins has definitely been profitable for a company called KnCMiner.

They are a Swedish manufacturer of Bitcoin mining rigs, and recently made $3 million dollars worth of sales in just four days.
tinus42

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

Mining bitcoins has definitely been profitable for a company called KnCMiner.

They are a Swedish manufacturer of Bitcoin mining rigs, and recently made $3 million dollars worth of sales in just four days.

As has been mentioned many times before, in a gold rush the sellers of shovels will make the most money. Which includes ASICS. KnC were there at the right time. Just like ASICMINER was in the earlier months of 2013 (not now anymore).
Jeremiah2911

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:22:49 PM

You make a good point Tinus42
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:27:28 PM

I wonder what is stopping the US government to buyout all the asics from the american manufacturers and mine the shit out of bitcoin. They could pull this off in a heartbeat if they would like to.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: