Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining vs Direct Coin Purchase  (Read 466 times)
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:14:08 PM

Mining takes a lot of effort and resources to see the fruits of your ROI, costly equipment to compete with other miners and to increase your hash rates, block rewards are being changed constantly depends on the altcoin itself, it needs cheap electricity to take advantage of its profit, location and the coins that you will mine, unlike with the purchase you just need some capital, right altcoin to invest, right timing and knowledge plus patience from holding.
Torrenth

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:08:51 PM

presently i have started altcoin Mining and USD valve of Total Generated coin is low.
littlebit high from Cooling and Electricity bill Cost.
quiestion is which is profitable Mining or Direct Coin Purchase?
in my opinion, I will calculate which budget is bigger, if the cost incurred for mining is very big every month I better do inves or buy coins directly yes although a bit risky but will lower my budget.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:16:07 PM

Both are very profitable and it will depend on you what you would want to invest your money and time just remember that both carry risks and you should know how to handle then. For instance mining is very stable if certain conditions are met like electricity, miming difficulties and altcoin price while in buying altcoins depending what you are doing the risk like for ICO is the threat of it being a scam or the alcoins does not have any value.
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:42:32 PM

Buying directly will most likely give you a better result as you don't have to focus on mining startup costs, but mining if done correctly could get you a better base price especially if you enter a coin early on in its progression.

paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 03:08:43 AM

Mining is also free heat in the colder months.  Cost same per temperature unit to heat with electronics (miners, gpu, staking computers) as it does with electric heaters.

fakmee

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:19:04 AM

presently i have started altcoin Mining and USD valve of Total Generated coin is low.
in my opinion, I will calculate which budget is bigger, if the cost incurred for mining is very big every month I better do inves or buy coins directly yes although a bit risky but will lower my budget.
I think the budger to mine, and the capital budget to directly buy the crypto assets, it is better if directly to trade alone by buying it to asset crypto. because it will be easier and does not require a big cost
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:21:42 AM

For me, mining experience wasn't profitable so I just left the mining and now just invest in ICOs and purchase coins through exchanges. I think now mining is profitable for deep pocket guys only.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:32:57 AM

Mining is a longterm way to earn money from cryptocurrency, you need to invest a lot of money at the start but if you wanna buy cryptocurrency directly I think it's much better if you don't have much time to take care of mining Grin. You just need to buy then hold as long as you want but with mining you need to spend a lot of time everyday to ensure that everything is still fine.
ikatamoonshots

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

All about hardware costs and solid setup planning +luck!

Things you can control, overview:
1. Entry price of hardware.
2. Costs of electricity.
3. Mining profit for the hardware at the current point in time and future curve if price of the mined coin(s) stays the same.
4. Setup preparation, failover measures, setup protection.

Things out of your control entirely or partly:
1. Mining profit from the entry point of hardware buy.
2. Software issues on upgrades.
3. Hardware failure, burned boards for ex.
4. Fire, water - anything that can damage hardware physically.
5. Gov regulation or other unlikely issues.
6. Theft physical and digital.

First things that came to my mind. May it helps Smiley
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:46:38 AM

Mining is also free heat in the colder months.  Cost same per temperature unit to heat with electronics (miners, gpu, staking computers) as it does with electric heaters.

what will you do in hotter months Smiley extra cost for cooling.

i think direct coin purchasing for long term is more advantageous. mining hardwares are quickly became older. you can earn 1000 dollar in this month. but next mont it can drop to 500.
maybe your roi can be 24 month
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:38:51 AM

If you are afraid of taking risks it is better you go for minining and if you can take risk trading or direct purchase of coins is more profitable. I have not tried minining but I have been learning and trying to calculate how minining actually work and how profitable it was and one thing I find out is that it is less risky and also less in profit or return on investment.
jdgranfiel
Copper Member

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:18:48 AM

I prefer direct coin purchase than mining if you have spare money. Mining needs equiptment maintenance and takes a long time to accumulate decent a value. While if you buy a coin directly you can sell it on a high price by leaving a sell order on trade.
Liberty777

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:34:50 AM

Hallo

At the moment mining is not very profitable and I'd prefer buying the coins directly.

If you have trading skills, you can earn more then mining + hold too.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:22:16 PM

you can do both and have the maximum profit possible.

how it works is that you choose altcoins that are most profitable based on factors that are affecting mining profitability like their difficulty. and then maximize your mining profitability.
then you can use the profit that you gain by dumping those coins to invest in other coins that are getting pumped. in other words you can become a short term trader and make a decent amount of money from that too.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 02:03:58 PM

In my opinion, mining is not very profitable right now and time-consuming. You need to invest a lot of money in the mining hardware to be profitable and to stay competitive against others miners. I prefer to buy bitcoin directly and just hodl for a few years instead of mining.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:14:40 PM

If you have good conditions for mining why not? And I'll buy some BTC and continue mining in this case. BTC does not often happen. And it will as some diversification. If no good conditions and working asic even then only purchase
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:36:55 PM

I would rather choose buying coins and trade them. Some says its profitable in mining coins but I know you still have to buy a minimum amount to mine it. Just like me not having mining tools but still wanting to earn then its trading you should do. Buy and trade.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:40:32 PM

I would rather choose buying coins and trade them. Some says its profitable in mining coins but I know you still have to buy a minimum amount to mine it. Just like me not having mining tools but still wanting to earn then its trading you should do. Buy and trade.

I am mining various coins from the past 6 months but I did not take the returns what I have invested for my GPU rig. If you find the high electricity cost in your city or town you should not go with any type of mining mate.
Best you choice you use the time whenever the cryptos are dump and invest on those coins first.
After some weeks or month of time you will be find the coins rate will be bumped more in the market.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:56:52 PM

It depends on what kind of strategies do you want to adopt.  Personally I would go with mining and holding until the price is right Smiley

I see people who made it though trading are also investing massively in mining to also produce the coin not only to buy it. It seems mining is something that everyone will do in the end.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

We know that mining required a big amount of money as capital to buy hardware and software needs and sometimes it takes a long time prior the return of or investment, while directly buying a coin still have some risk because we are not holding on every coins future and luck brings us to be profitable.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: