Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Maloney (GoldSilver.com) is asking for Bitcoin. We need to educate him!  (Read 1898 times)
001sonkit (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

Hey guys! I know that some of you are educated in Bitcoin. We need to share the knowledge out to the people with publicity, money and power.
There is a great chance of getting free publicity of 1,000,000 eye balls (as of ep4) on Bitcoin. Since they are planning on an ep.5 in the coming weeks that include us. We need to educate them. Even if it is a slight chance, your explanation can help.

http://gyazo.com/5014b4f5f500aa1899a0a4f940d43e17
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r1oi4/mike_maloney_is_talking_about_bitcoin_bring_your/ (Upvote and repost for more people can see it!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35r9VHUblVM
https://www.hiddensecretsofmoney.com/blog/BitCoin_Encryption_Vs_Government_What_Do_You_Think (Post your reply here too!)

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

Maloney is perfectly capable of educating himself about Bitcoin w/o donations.  IF he is willing.

Let him buy them if he wants.
Mautje

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:33:20 PM

I don't think it's about getting him to buy. It's about him having influence over thousands over people. There are millions of views for his episodes on youtube and getting him to accurately descrribe bitcoin and inform the public is a cause of itself don't you think?

He has literely asked, in one of his last video's, for peoples opinion about it and if we can get some of our more well spoken and well thought members to share some of their thoughts wouldn't that be great? In stead of having that youtube moron reply to his vid?

Excuse me for my english, it's not my native language.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:39:04 PM

I don't think it's about getting him to buy. It's about him having influence over thousands over people. There are millions of views for his episodes on youtube and getting him to accurately descrribe bitcoin and inform the public is a cause of itself don't you think?

He has literely asked, in one of his last video's, for peoples opinion about it and if we can get some of our more well spoken and well thought members to share some of their thoughts wouldn't that be great? In stead of having that youtube moron reply to his vid?

Excuse me for my english, it's not my native language.

i viewed the video quickly the other day and i don't remember if he asked for donations like the title of this thread implies.  if he did, my statement above stands.  if not, i stand corrected.

yes, it would be helpful to educate him and get him on board.  i will say he's had plenty of time to educate himself but there appears to be a mental block with him as there is with many other gold bugs.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:55:21 PM

Judging from context, I am fairly sure the OP is asking (for information) about Bitcoin, and not for Bitcoin donations.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:03:17 PM

i like mikes videos very much! this is a great chance to educate him a little bit about this.

of course he is a gold and silver guy (and will be in the future) but he could like the idea of bitcoin too.

beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:19:27 PM

You can't counterfeit a Bitcoin without every node in the world discovering it in real-time.

It's not encryption that keeps bitcoins from being counterfeited, it's the historic public ledger.
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:29:16 PM

Takeover the mining hardware equipment supply and you control the Bitcoin system completely

It's that simple Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

while i agree with most of what he says, it's good to remain cognizant of the fact that he stands to gain something from propping up gold and silver.
001sonkit (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:06:15 AM

Ya, if we can educate him, he can make video educate people. even if he doesnt buy, we need him to explain well. Just like we dont want ripple shill to explain Bitcoin to the congress at the senate. Spend a few minutes to educate him so he can make better vids to mention us. Your time shall worth it with the fact that the views he have in his vids

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
dwolfx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:21:27 AM

mike maloney will probably launch his own cryptocoin soon, mark my words . . . the guy is a currency guru, I bet he can't stand not experimenting with it.

He always says hes "for whatever the free market chooses", lets see if he stays true to his words.

Leetpools!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: