Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining Vs Bitcoin Buying  (Read 191 times)
Ronaldo Vu (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:46:51 AM

Bitcoin mining? Or mining in general? Bitcoin mining probabilities are close to none existent even with specialized rigs. Would need to invest a lot of $$ in order to achieve a fraction of BTC. On another hand you can mine alt coins which are easier in difficulty thus yielding you much greater profits.

Question is what to mine? But as mentioned above my reply your best bet is to consider buying and trading for quick income.
Faithgg

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:49:03 AM

If you want bitcoin just buy bitcoin dont mine it no point really. You can mine some alt coins with potential but again if you just buy them you might be better off. Mining is just a good hobby
Sofiasoff

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:50:25 AM

Mining is your best choice to fastest way earn $$$ ( Altcoin ) , not suitable for Bitcoin , because you can't get profit with mining bitcoin ( a small miner ) , so I advice you directly but bitcoin and store them in hardware wallet , come back after few years and you will become millionaire
Park Minseo

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:51:39 AM

Yes, as you said . Its fast-growing value as of today ,so my suggestion is that you can accumulate by buying some . Because if you don’t have a large amount miners , the amount you accumulated is so little, and the speed is so low .
demonic098

Activity: 252

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:57:07 AM

Mining is fine miners help a lot in transactions but if you're aiming for profit then you should buy and start trading you can't expect huge profit on mining.

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:06:10 AM

I started mining ETH with gpu's its nice passive income but unless you plan on buying crypto every month the cost of electricity isn't really worth it. What I did just recently discover is masternodes I think this is the future of mining it has medium-large-very large start up costs (depending on the coin) but very small operating costs (5$/month) although with mining you can be versatile in what coin you want to mine with masternodes you pick one coin and hope that coin goes somewhere. But I think buying the coins and investing in a masternode is worth it, and if you want to play around with your miner and mine coins that are pretty new and could have a pump in the future that can definitely be worth it. But for me the heat generated in my house (especially in the summer) was not worth it for me, plus the noise I would have from my D3's.
uchiikina14

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:31:39 AM

Bitcoin mining is the process by which transactions are verified and added to the public ledger, known as the block chain, and also the means through which new bitcoin are released.

Bitcoin buying is buying bitcoin when the price is low and you can buy bitcoin with high price but it is better to buy bitcoin with low price because when the price is low you can sell and trade it with high price but if you buy it high you cannot sell it with higher value.
RajaCripto

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:37:10 AM

if you do not have trading experience, I suggest do not follow trading, because trading is high risk, requires patience and experience to read the movement.
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:46:17 AM

Bitcoin mining has become much more difficult and today its almost impossible to mine at home without investing substantial amount of money. There will be electricity cost and the cost of mining equipment and of course increase in the difficulty  level of mining and finding a good bitcoin miner is a hassle. So I believe buying is more profitable in the short run and inevitable stress is avoided.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:50:23 AM

in my opinion, if you have the capital, you better trade in Bitcoin than altcoin, because income from bitcoin is bigger than trading in altcoin, although mine altcoin is easier but there is no guarantee to get big profit.
Ronaldo Vu (OP)

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:02:11 AM

Aside from what AYJ said, if you are using unsuspecting non-dedicated equipment like a gaming laptop GPU, it
A: wouldn't be remotely worth it mathematically, and
B: would wear down the GPU.
Faithgg

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:05:29 AM

Modern Bitcoin mining can't really be done effectively on a laptop. In practice you would need something like an Antminer S5, which is probably too big and conspicuous to carry and plug in next to you at the cafe without being awkward. Plus you'd have to sit there 24/7, or at least for hours at a time on a regular basis.
That said, if I lived on a college campus with included electricity, I would definitely consider running a miner. Unless it is specifically forbidden in writing, I don't see it as unethical. You are paying for the housing. 'Free' electricity would give you a large advantage over other miners, even over the large mining farms that pay a few cents per kwh, plus costs for staff, rent, cooling, etc. The cons for you would be fan noise and heat. For one or two miners you could probably make it work. Now if you fill the basement of your frat house with dozens of S5s, someone will eventually notice the high electric bill and come knocking. Running a large commercial operation from campus is probably a bad idea.
Baltman

Activity: 280
Merit: 170

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:07:07 AM

If you have money for equipment, cheap electricity, guarded rooms with air conditioning, then mining is a great option. If all this is not there, then the trading on the stock exchange

Sofiasoff

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

That said, if I lived on a college campus with included electricity, I would definitely consider running a miner. Unless it is specifically forbidden in writing, I don't see it as unethical. You are paying for the housing. 'Free' electricity would give you a large advantage over other miners, even over the large mining farms that pay a few cents per kwh, plus costs for staff, rent, cooling, etc. The cons for you would be fan noise and heat. For one or two miners, you could probably make it work. Now if you fill the basement of your frat house with dozens of S5s, someone will eventually notice the high electric bill and come knocking. Running a large commercial operation from campus is probably a bad idea.
torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:09:16 AM

in fact the answer to this problem depends on the price of the day's bitcoin. If the price of bitcoin is high, production is the right choice. but if prices are low, investing and making the most sense. you will make a profit when it goes up.
oleg-mihlov

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:15:03 AM

In this period of time and then it is very risky. However, mining is completely dependent on the real market, video cards and other equipment. In this sphere it is possible and common businessmen to swim. And investments should be smarter, there will not be a stable income, this can get out and flow.
bunny0612

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:19:54 AM

If you mining you need a lot of money to invest in machinery and it is very expensive. Bitcoin mining only suitable for large companies. I think you should buy bitcoin and trading. Or you should mining altcoin, It's easier than bitcoin.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 10:28:54 AM

Bitcoin mining is not profitable nowadays, moreover if your budget is low. Better to buy bitcoin and make it as an asset hoping for price to increase. Or if you have the time you might consider crypto trading. Eventhough mining is still profitable on some altcoin, there are cheaper ways to earn coins like staking/masternode.

micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:50:16 AM

Between mining and buying bitcoin I prefer to buy bitcoin. Now for bitcoin mining is not enough with a little money, we must have a lot of money. Different with buying bitcoin with $100 we can invest and trade in bitcoin. I'm sure for bitcoin mining is not enough for one person only, at least have 5 members to buy bitcoin mining equipment.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:53:35 AM

Mining Bitcoin is a complex task which involves costly hardware and the sophisticated software. So, needs to be initial huge investment. But, if you choose mining then there is no guarantee to cover the market risk. So, my suggestion is to buy Bitcoin and keep it at least 5 years. Definitely you will be in better future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: