Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 12:39:52 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Symantec Flagging Bitcoin-miner as a trojan  (Read 1234 times)
ddod

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:47:29 PM

Is anyone else seeing this?  I logged into my computer today only to see a security alert telling me that "bitcoin-miner.exe" (the one included in the gui miner) is a "trojan.gen".  I wonder if heuristics don't like its behavior or do you think a bad version slipped in?

There were also several random named files in the temp dir that where flagged as well as the same generic trojan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 617

Working on new MtGox features

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 04:50:46 PM

Is anyone else seeing this?  I logged into my computer today only to see a security alert telling me that "bitcoin-miner.exe" (the one included in the gui miner) is a "trojan.gen".  I wonder if heuristics don't like its behavior or do you think a bad version slipped in?

There were also several random named files in the temp dir that where flagged as well as the same generic trojan.

Would make sense as botnets gets exploited to mine bitcoins ~

ddod

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:56:10 PM

I have another machine with the same binaries running but with Security Essentials installed.  I just started a full scan.  I'll let you know what I find.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.