Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin newbie looking for some advice  (Read 260 times)
Ronaldo Vu (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:23:17 AM

Hey guys, I’m fairly new to bitcoin and crypto in general. I have a pretty good understanding on how it works, though. I’m just looking for some advice from more seasoned traders. My one question is with how much bitcoin is now worth (6k baby!!!) would you advise throwing in a hundred or two now, or wait and see if the market crashes slightly? I’m only 20 and in school, so I don’t really think I should be investing more than I’m willing to lose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

In the world of cryptography Nothing is definite. Because these assets belong to companies. They can act according to their attitude. I can say the same thing for Bitcoin.
   I say that very often. But this is true. Bitcoin and crypto money are traded on the stock exchange. So their values will fluctuate. Purchases and sales are inherent in this business.
   You always have to look at the big picture. Thumbnails can be misleading.
   Very important information. You should not use all the money in the money to invest. Because the values are always moving. New opportunities may arise. You do not want to regret it when you get out.
   Bitcoin is rising at the moment according to the big picture. But not linearly. They will wave. This wave should be watched ...
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

Take a peek at the graph and decide for yourself. No one knows for sure if it will crash more or will go back up and never come down to these prices again. Also, it depends. Are you planning on holding long-term? If so, just get in now. If you're planning on holding long term then it wouldn't matter if you would buy it at 8k or 9k or 10k.

BTC is currently $8,908.79
https://coinmarketcap.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

Hey guys, I’m fairly new to bitcoin and crypto in general. I have a pretty good understanding on how it works, though. I’m just looking for some advice from more seasoned traders. My one question is with how much bitcoin is now worth (6k baby!!!) would you advise throwing in a hundred or two now, or wait and see if the market crashes slightly? I’m only 20 and in school, so I don’t really think I should be investing more than I’m willing to lose

If you are afraid to lose then do not invest on bitcoin but rather take on jobs that pays on bitcoin. Here in the Philippines, mostly of the students who are into bitcoin does not invest on bitcoin but use their knowledge and skills to earn bitcoin through several online jobs. Today they are now earning huge amount of money due to their bitcoin holdings.
loismanny88

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

If you have just a few hundred to invest, it might be a better idea to do a thorough research on solid upcoming ICOs that can give you nice returns. The market is setting up for a nice bull run so pretty much any solid ICO will give you nice gains.
blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:47:19 PM

Follow CCN.com for news and Bitcointalk for general opinions and follow coinmarketcap.com for coin prices and Bitcoinwisdom.com for technical analysis
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:50:16 PM

it depends on you, if you have funds to burn then go for it, invest as you can,bitcoin is good investment for the people who willing to risk for the reason that they can make out of it.If you are the type of person that have fear then its not for you.bitcoin seems crashing since it hits the all time high just few months ago,now its time to invest and hold,just wait for a year then you will see the result.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:06:06 PM

would you advise throwing in a hundred or two now, or wait and see if the market crashes slightly? I’m only 20 and in school, so I don’t really think I should be investing more than I’m willing to lose
I advise you throw a hundred or two now since there is no real good buying point unless market has shown a bearish trend for a while. Nevertheless, do not invest all of your planned capital for your investment so that you can buy again at every dips. Always remember to buy every time price goes down by 1000$ or more so that when it spikes back, you will have a profit already. Better yet, hold those bitcoins long term and sell it after 2 years, price difference then and now would significantly be huge.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:05:59 PM

If you are not comfortable to lose even a penny then it is not recommended to invest anything in this wild crypto market because things move very rapidly here and you cannot deal with it unless you have the ability to absorb some loss. As of now, Bitcoin is worth $9,257, and I am expecting the price will rise in this year and we will see a new all-time high level in this year itself. However, this is my personal opinion and might be completely wrong so do your own research before taking any investment decision. You can take the help of technical and fundamental analysis to predict the possibilities of Bitcoin price trends.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:14:38 PM

Firstly you can got choice, what tell them your mind. If your mind tell him hold,then you can do it now. Because this time to really hold.or if your mind tell him invest then you can do it now. But personally I tell you invest is always risky. So fair mind it...

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

Do you really believe that BTC is worth 6k, OP? With that attitude you might as well quit trading already Cheesy
My advice is: don't ask people on the forum and don't go to any pump groups to get the answers. If you really want to invest there are 2 things you can do:
1. Read about BTC and decide if you think that it's going to succeed. If you believe in it just buy and hold. I'm doing it for years with huge success.
2. Read investopedia, learn, analyse predictions of other people on tradingview and see what they are doing right and wrong. After a while you'll get a hold of it and start understanding the market better.

You can of course do both of these things but given your limited funds it might not work.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:35:54 PM

Firstly you can got choice, what tell them your mind. If your mind tell him hold,then you can do it now. Because this time to really hold.or if your mind tell him invest then you can do it now. But personally I tell you invest is always risky. So fair mind it...
but that the nemesis with something you need to start. each newcomer collects a small start-up capital and begins to trade. Or, in extreme cases, starts with the company's Bounty. It all works and studies information at the same time.
orangy

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:01:12 PM

Generally speaking, for beginners, it can be understood that the currency is divided into two categories: mainstream currency and acoin currency.
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

if you are still a student and do not intend to invest in the world of crypto I suggest you to further deepen the knowledge of bounty and airdrops program. because it does not require capital in the form of money and will not harm you financially
Williams_Leo

Activity: 207
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

With a beginner there's a lot of things to keep in mind, I think if you spend some time in the day reading and exploring the news and participating in forums to find out. Get the knowledge you need to know you will understand the virtual currency very quickly.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
marukochanx3

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:25:12 PM

If you really want to try to invest try a small amount first because in terms of investment risk big losses.
will be more if you first deepen your learning in terms of bitcoin because it will be very useful later. It would be better if you are following the airdrop or bounty company because it does not need to spend a lot of money enough stable internet you can work and also time to be patient in this case, you will produce some altcoin in the results of your work.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:10:09 AM

It is a good thing that you know how much you are willing to loose, hopefully you had invested on the 6k mark, since it is considerably low compared to bitcoin's price months before, since you are nee to crypto and wanted to be a trader, I would suggest to read investment books first, go with the basics, resear h about fundamental analysis and tecb ical analysis, after that use first a small amount of your bitcoin in trading, whag I did was, I searched one of the most volatile altcoin in the market and it XRP, since you will see trading pairs in your platform, understand how it works first, if the increase of the value of your altcoin is higher than bitcoin, once you sell them you will gain more bitcoins, or if the value of bitcoin goes down and your altcoin doesn't you still gain bitcoins, but be sure to know when to exit, do not get too emotional, and that is one part on your side that you need to discipline, always have an exit plan, do not greed take over. Lastly, once you are already earning in the market, keep in mind the basics, do not be complacent on your skills, always be updated and continue learning, most investors in the market fail because they do not continue learning, remember in crypto, innovations will always take place, before we only have power of work, now we have power of stake, then comes masternodes, sooner or later a new innovation will come in.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:34:09 AM

My one question is with how much bitcoin is now worth (6k baby!!!) would you advise throwing in a hundred or two now,
It's now worth $9,000.
You want to earn right if you want to then you better not waste any time right now because time will come that your investment will grow due to the demand of bitcoin.
or wait and see if the market crashes slightly?
The market crashed slightly many times but unless it doesn't go back to $8,500 you should buy already.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:33:51 AM

Do cost averaging. I'd say put like half of the money you want to put in right now because it's very likely to hit $10k fairly soon. But then spread out the rest of your money over the next month or two, buying a little each week. If it does happen to go down below what it is now then you have some money left to use down low. And if it goes higher than at least you got half your money in at the low price of $9k.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:57:35 AM

There is no safe if you come to the world of investment, everything takes effort and risky that you should experience. If you are still in school, just focus on your school. Especially if you invest by using your tuition, it is very dangerous, your life will be destroyed instantly.

Investing in bitcoin will be good if you use your savings money. Never ever occasionally to invest using the loan or money that you will need in the near term. You can use long-term investment, just put your money in your wallet and go away for several years, and you can open when you will get married. I suggest you focus on your school, bitcoin can stop your school if you really pursue the world of cryptos.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████