Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real life experience paying with bitcoin  (Read 410 times)
Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:38:30 PM

There are some instances that we can't avoid mistakes and failure using technology but instead of being disappointed with bitcoin, we should be more positive about it because we can now experience using digital currency in real life.
I think the cahier in that firm is not yet oriented in using QR-code or he/she doesn't know how to solve these kind of troubleshoot. However, I don't think it is a reason why that firm will suddenly stopped accepting bitcoins. In fact, they must organize their management and services more in order for them to attract customers.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:44:27 PM

I have faith in Bitcoin to be the best currency in the future. But nowadays its payment system in real life (shops etc.) isn't completely ready yet. They need to make betterments on it.

Well person to person exchange has been happening already. I've made a couple of p2p transactions with btc already with people from the crypto community. Much better if you personally know the person you're dealing with.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:56:23 PM

I unfortunately have never paid bitcoin in the online store. There was a possibility twice when I was buying expensive things. But the course was not acceptable to me. If I exchange for fiat, then it was cheaper for me. Of course, I understand that in the near future, the link to the course will not be of much importance. Since everyone will think not in national currency but in bitcoin. But I still consider everything in Fiat. This is more clear to me.
Iamdavid

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:14:36 PM

I haven't tried making payment with bitcoin because most platform haven't started accepting it but I heard Amazon will soon accept the bitcoin payment for their product.

I'm sure making payment with bitcoin shouldn't be stressful as bitcoin have cone a long way in developing their platform.
mekusproj

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:48:33 PM

POS machines should have been manufactured by now and deployed to ease payment especially in sales outlets. I believe this will encourage the use of not just bitcoin but other crytocurrencies. I don't think the failure of an app should cause an organisation to discontinue accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment.
It should be encouraged as an alternative mode of payment especially by young people who, actually are the ones really driving new applications/usage for Bitcoin. Lightening networks should correct the disruptions in networks experienced during transactions. I suggest dedicated networks be built to sustain this aspect of bitcoin usage if possible.

I believe Bitcoin is the future of Internet funds transfer and payment systems.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

In my opinion bitcoin to improve is the Lightning Networks.we should be more positive about it because we can now experience using digital currency in real life.
votuan1990

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:36:33 PM

Bitcoin can not be used for popular payment because its price is unstable. You pay when Bitcoin costs  9000$ an hour and its price is 8000$, which is a problem in the business. If there is a It is acceptable to have a stable price tag for allcoins Smiley
Jimmymoriarty

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

I've never experienced anything like that as there is no place in my country that accepts Bitcoin as payment. But it would be great to be able to pay using Bitcoin as I love this coin and I would love to see it being used as a payment method.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

I agree wholeheartedly - for Bitcoin to succeed, the payment process needs to be seamless.

With that said though, many new technologies have teething problems. Also, I think it might be a bit unrealistic to expect Bitcoin payment to be as fluid as that of Visa or MasterCard. Those payment systems had huge budgets to ensure everything went smoothly. Bitcoin has nowhere near this, plus the fractured nature of app development means it will take a little longer to mature.

What would be helpful, would be if Apple and Google Pay incorporated BTC
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:39:54 PM

I completely agree. Though I haven't experience such thing yet, I also thought that as of now there is still no improvement on bitcoin pertaining to its use as a currency itself with the purpose of buying goods. Until now, the main function of bitcoin is for long-term investment and storage for future profits. I still can not see the main point of the convenience of it as a technology for consumers. I do not even know how regulation by the Government will help to encourage investors and companies to use it since they will add tax even before they gain sure profits.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:44:27 PM

I completely agree. Though I haven't experience such thing yet, I also thought that as of now there is still no improvement on bitcoin pertaining to its use as a currency itself with the purpose of buying goods. Until now, the main function of bitcoin is for long-term investment and storage for future profits. I still can not see the main point of the convenience of it as a technology for consumers. I do not even know how regulation by the Government will help to encourage investors and companies to use it since they will add tax even before they gain sure profits.

I don’t pay anyone with bitcoin because still the some people don’t trust the bitcoin this is the main reason for not improvements in paying with bitcoin but soon all companies will accept the paying and using of crypto currencies.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:44:40 PM

I have never made a sale and purchase transaction with Bitcoin, because here there is no Mall store, and what are the buying and selling places that accept Bitcoin as a means of payment. so if I want to shop, then I will melt my Bitcoin first into a regular Fiat money.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:22:39 PM

I don’t pay anyone with bitcoin because still the some people don’t trust the bitcoin this is the main reason for not improvements in paying with bitcoin but soon all companies will accept the paying and using of crypto currencies.

I also think that greediness is one of the attitudes being portrayed by many users this days. I do admire people from the time that it only worth less than a thousand dollars. Though I know that they somehow regret spending, I knew their intention is for the technological development. People are in here now mostly for earning and gaining profits. I think it is quite practical but still greed is all over the place.
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:26:23 PM

Let me premise this by saying that I am a firm believer of bitcoin as a revolutionary technology. I whole-heatedly believe that bitcoin will gain traction in the future, but right now, it's a consumer's nightmare.
Today for lunch, I went to the Mexicali Burrito in Cambridge expecting to pay with bitcoin. I was pretty excited, because this store was the latest to accept bitcoin in the area. I made my order and had my coinbase app fired up, ready to scan a qr code. However, the cashier wasn't ready.

Okay... Not such a big deal. He spends a few seconds to pull out an iphone, and launches what looked like the bitpay app. A few more seconds pass and it still doesn't load.

The line behind me is getting busy and the next customer is ready to pay...but this app still hasn't loaded. In the end, I paid with credit to speed up the process. When I finished paying, the bitpay app still had not loaded.

I had a little chat with the clerk during this time and he said that they were planning to stop accepting bitcoin in the upcoming month.

As it is now, bitcoin needs a face lift. It needs better PR and it needs better consumer/merchant interfaces. I still think that bitcoin is awesome, but there is still much that needs to be improved.

I guess they are working on it now and hope that it will be fully implemented with a good app.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:28:52 PM

Bitcoins is not up to the task to fulfil the role as a national currency that is why there are a lot of setbacks in the use of bitcoins for transactions. So unless the merchant is ready to accept your crypto, you can't use your crypto to purchase.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:38:38 PM

So far i can't experience using bitcoin as payment in any restaurant or in the supermarket, bitcoin are legal herein my location, because the establishment are not already accepting bitcoin as payment hoping for the future i can use my btc to pay in any establishment like supermarket.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:22:43 AM

Bitcoins is not up to the task to fulfil the role as a national currency that is why there are a lot of setbacks in the use of bitcoins for transactions. So unless the merchant is ready to accept your crypto, you can't use your crypto to purchase.
Bitcoin is ready for the current level of usage. What OP is talking about has nothing to do with Bitcoin itself, but with a centralized service functioning as payment gateway. If they accepted Bitcoin directly it would have worked.

Merchants however will not accept Bitcoin directly due to the volatility, so these payment gateways will keep playing an important role for many more years to come. Stability is all that we need, LN will do the rest.

People keep complaining about Bitcoin not being able to function as proper currency, but the far majority of the people aren't even using it as such, and more importantly, they are just interested in Bitcoin's investment aspect.

What's the point of complaining about something you don't use?

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
berungan

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:48:36 PM

unfortunately in my country there is no sale and purchase transactions using a payment system with bitcoin. this may be the impact of news banned bitcoin in my country. but I hope the government can legitimately bitcoin, so transactions in my country there are using bitcoin system.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

The only thing you can buy now using Bitcoin is light drugs)) Grin
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:06:29 PM

You pay when Bitcoin costs  9000$ an hour and its price is 8000$, which is a problem in the business. If there is a It is acceptable to have a stable price tag for allcoins
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: