Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 11:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with BTX Trader?  (Read 3560 times)
pr9me (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:43:24 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 09:28:13 PM by pr9me

Hey guys, I am looking at the BTX Trader application. How secure is this? Can anyone that uses it, tell me what information you have to give the application? Anything that could compromise your Bitcoin? The app is free which makes me suspicious. Looks like something I could use though.

Can anyone give me a heads up on it?
ilyabtxtrader

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 06:32:29 PM

Hi pr9me,

All user information is encrypted and stored on Google's servers via App Engine. We store users' API keys so that we can manage stop loss orders on their behalf. When creating API keys for BTX Trader, you can disable the withdraw ability and revoke the keys at any time. Yes, it is currently a free service and we are still in Beta.

We are a NYC based start-up and are passionate about bitcoin, financial markets and technology.

Thank you for checking out the product, we'd love to hear your feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly via email: ilya at btxtrader.com

Ilya
pr9me (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:31:25 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 03:50:43 PM by pr9me

Hey, I appreciate your getting back with me. A few people have told me about this now. Are you going to charge for it when it's out of beta?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:17:45 AM

Wait this runs in the cloud somehow or it runs on my PC? I thought it was a downloadable application.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
riddler

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:53:09 AM

Wait this runs in the cloud somehow or it runs on my PC? I thought it was a downloadable application.

Although it is a downloadable app, a lot of the features run on the cloud.

For example, stop orders stay active even after you log off. Another example would be the multi exchange historical data used in the charts (tick and bar) -- this lives in the cloud and gets pulled into the app.
ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:02:38 AM

Hey, I appreciate you're getting back to me. A few people have told me about this now. Are you going to charge for it when it's out of beta?

We currently do not have plans to charge end users and are focused on improving the platform.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:04:51 AM

I've been playing with it for a few days.... very nice so far.  Smiley
michaelf77

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:05:16 AM

Do you allow limit buy orders ( for example buy 1BTC if the price gets to 1000 ) ?
ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 09:37:46 AM

Do you allow limit buy orders ( for example buy 1BTC if the price gets to 1000 ) ?

Hi Michael, yes! However, what I think you're looking for is actually called a "Stop Limit" order. A buy limit order for 1 btc at 1000 USD would send an order that to buy at 1000 or lower- so with today's prices (sub 1000) this would essentially be a market order (aka your execution price will be whatever the best offer(s) to sell 1 BTC are on the exchange's order book).

Using BTX Trader, you can send straight limit orders to exchanges just like you would at each of the exchanges' websites, but in addition to that you can send Stop Limit orders. Once we see that your Stop price has been hit (we look at last trade at each exchange, not bid or ask), your limit order gets sent to the market.

To place such an order:
1. Open a Montage window in BTX Trader
2. choose an exchange at the top of the montage window, this will pull in that exchange's order book and set the destination for the order.
3. change the destination to "ALGO" - some more fields will appear on the order bar
4. Select your route (options are: MT Gox, BTCChina, BitStamp, CampBX and BTC-E)
5. Choose your stop price (1000 USD)
6. Choose your quantity (1 BTC)
7. Choose your limit price. This is were it may get tricky. Depending on market conditions, if your stop is 1000 and your limit is 1000 then your Buy order will get sent to the order book at 1000 after the price reaches 1000. This might mean that if the market continues to move upwards, your order might not get filled or might only get partially filled. If you would like to be more aggressive, you can enter a higher limit price. Or if you feel that the market may dip after touching 1000, then you can enter a limit price lower than 1000.
8. Hit the blue Buy button to send the order

Our order engine monitors the market data we receive from exchanges in real time to determine the marketability of the order. If the stop price has not been reached, the order sits in the Blotter window as status = "OPEN". Once the stop price is reached, the status changes to "TRIGGERED" and your limit order is sent to the exchange.
renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:00:50 AM

should i trust someone with 9 post...

Domain Name: btxtrader.com
   Registrant Contact:
      Private Registrant         p6s7g4js8xffrfl@proxy.dreamhost.com
      A Happy DreamHost Customer
      417 Associated Rd #324
      Brea, CA 92821
      US
      +1.7147064182

any info into what kind of measures are you taking to prevent hacking of the accounts info?

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
Jerfer

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:12:32 AM

It seems legit. The parent company officially announced it yesterday.

Here's the articles I posted in the Press section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387004.0

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
bovcan

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:42:26 PM

Their stock is up over 100% today today from that press release but I don't get how it sounds like BTCX Trader has been around for awhile.

I am curious to try it but am nervous about the API key thing as well.  I know some different trading platforms use it but would just like to hear more about that.
ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

Hi All, We will release more information on our security plan in the coming weeks.
Let me know if you have any questions about our current product offering. I would love to hear any feedback on how we can improve it.

Best,

Ilya
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

Mac version please Smiley

ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:03:52 PM

Mac version please Smiley

Yup! we'll be releasing a web version in early 2014. Mobile as well.
ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

More information on BTX Trader Security

All server to client communications use SSL.
API keys are encrypted with AES and only retrieved when the user logs in.
Password is hashed using bcrypt (not saved in plain text anywhere).
User data is stored on Google App Engine.
The trading engines run on Amazon EC2.
All user data is backed up weekly.

In addition, we are currently designing a bug bounty program and incorporating support for two factor authentication.

Ilya
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:44:13 AM

Is the stop loss function of BTX Trader functioning right now? I don't' have it as an option...

bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:40:11 PM

Crashes on startup. Using win 7 32bit. Anyone else?
ilyabtxtrader

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

joesmoe2012, to send a stop loss order, first change the Destination to "ALGO". You should then see another dropdown for Route to send the order to a particular exchange if your stop price is reached.

bit-fxtrader, Can you update your version of .NET via this link? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

Best,

Ilya
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:32:15 PM

joesmoe2012, to send a stop loss order, first change the Destination to "ALGO". You should then see another dropdown for Route to send the order to a particular exchange if your stop price is reached.

bit-fxtrader, Can you update your version of .NET via this link? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

Best,

Ilya

tnx i'll try it. what version do I need to have?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: