Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:44:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy: holding but trading  (Read 14742 times)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:46:19 PM

Trust me if you do that, you will keep lossing. You will do panic selling when you see a correction that you might consider a "huge loss". My advice if you want to do crypto trading, do daily trading, because the whole crypto market is still very volatile. But besides you need you need to invest your money, you also have to invest your time on that.
Otherwise just be a hodler. And believe on your investment.

davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:08:11 PM

It is better to hold since it is on a long term. It has a very great potential to yield more profit before you decide to trade  when you feel you are comfortable with the present rate other than trading it because of a fall in price which is bound to happen in cryptocurrency. If you trade because you feel you are at loss, you might trade at a price which will bring more loss and then regret when the price is corrected and begin to grow stronger. It is better to trade a portion of it other than trading all you have
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:25:52 PM

Man, trading doesn't work like this. If you want to trade check chart at least every 5 hours. If you want to hold, don't even look there until you think it is time start trading. That is it for your question

Unfortunately people can't control themselves and they will eventually look at the chart, that's why it doesn't matter whether is short or long term investments, people usually do panic sell or panic buy. Investing in cryptos in general is difficult unless you are really good at controlling your emotions, a psychopath or an idiot.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
hermae

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:22:15 AM

The decision always depends on you. If you want to trade or hodl, that is all up to you. But if I were to choose, eeven though both trading and holding are good strategies, I prefer to hold it for a long period of time and and sell it once the market cap is high.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:40:09 AM

That may mean that you are a fan of that coin because you are always on the grip and not getting out the hold of it. May be risky if always stepping up on trade.
Trading is risky but better than holding. Let’s just first differentiate between the two terms. Trading means holding a coin for as much time as someone likes to, selling it out, then buying it again. A trader targets at buying low, selling high. Holding means selling out coin for once and all. Trading generates profits from time to time while holding can yield it only once. Definitely, trading is better.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:33:40 AM

The decision always depends on you. If you want to trade or hodl, that is all up to you. But if I were to choose, eeven though both trading and holding are good strategies, I prefer to hold it for a long period of time and and sell it once the market cap is high.
Trading is better than holding in term of profits but this does not stands good for every individual because we all have different skill level and nature. For a person who has no patience and panics out too quickly, trading will be all loss and holding will also work under one condition and that is if he avoids checking price on daily basis. For a novice, it is better to hold and learn the market first.
flysats

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:31:23 AM

Trading is better than holding in term of profits but this does not stands good for every individual because we all have different skill level and nature. For a person who has no patience and panics out too quickly, trading will be all loss and holding will also work under one condition and that is if he avoids checking price on daily basis. For a novice, it is better to hold and learn the market first.
Exactly. Not everybody can to trade. And that's why solid traders have their profit. Because without novices and the less successful traders market will not change.
I'd like such strategy. Without excessive zeal

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:55:03 AM

Trading gives you quick profit but it is more risky than holding a coin. You need effective strategies to lessen your possible losses in your future trades. Learning those trading strategies will take time so it better to try long term investment. One of the most effective strategy, holding your coins will also reduce the risk of losing your investment in some unexpected price crashes.
lavishlifing

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

I am doing it right now, I use btc(bitcoin) as my capital for my trades, I am trading btc to altcoins, so trading while holding. Base on experience I'd say it is a good strategy Smiley
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

If you focus on holding long term focus to achieve that, do not look at the price and just let it go. But if you choose a short term holding investment I agree to sell and buy the price depending on the state of the market. You should focus on your chosen strategy before, do not play games if you do not want to lose and get a lot of risk.
blargh222

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:00:59 AM

you're not really holding if you're trading aren't you?
both trading and holding are viable depending on what you want to accomplish and how good you are at trading.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

Trading gives you quick profit but it is more risky than holding a coin. You need effective strategies to lessen your possible losses in your future trades. Learning those trading strategies will take time so it better to try long term investment. One of the most effective strategy, holding your coins will also reduce the risk of losing your investment in some unexpected price crashes.
Trading is little risky platform but we can earn more profit in short time so we should choose the right coin in right time this will make more profit. In Crypto platform many day traders are earn more profit in quick period because they are well experts in trading. So short term investment is better than long term investment but only benefits it will never failed in future at the same time short term investment also right way.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:51:54 AM

I think you should put this in practice first in other for you to be able to understand that  you can actually make profits with this strategy. I have come to understand that trading is a skillful game and since the market has its own mind and know one can predict it accurately it is better one actually buy and hold for long-term and not doing it like gambling.

Trading is not an easy profession and crypto trading has a higher difficulty level due to the volatile nature of the market. The risk rather challenges also depend on the coin with which someone is trading. For example, bitcoin trading is far difficult than Ethereum trading but beneficial too. For a novice trader, he should go for long term trading first but before that, learn his coin thoroughly.
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

I have been holding and trading to accumulate more and more coins. then If I feel that coins are enough, I will just let it be for a very long time, let us see how rich I am after 5 to 10years.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:50:13 PM

Yes it would be possible for as long as you are good at trading too. Remember it is not all the time that the market is green, there are also times that the market is all red too so it would not be good for you to trade when its dumping but it would be a good thing to buy coins during that time.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:03:43 PM

Yes it would be possible for as long as you are good at trading too. Remember it is not all the time that the market is green, there are also times that the market is all red too so it would not be good for you to trade when its dumping but it would be a good thing to buy coins during that time.
It is good to trade in dumping season too. Why or how? First, let’s look at what trading is basically consist of. There are only two possible actions in this profession. Either a person can buy or he can sell. It is preferred to buy an asset at a low value and sell it out when the price is high. A good trader must be able to take right decision at right time. Dips are the time when buying is done.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:38:39 AM

Do you guys think that it is possible to be successful if I want to hold ( a year), but  look at the charts only once a week (even less), then  trade only if I see a huge loss? Let's say I set a loss of 10% now, will I have to trade a lot?

Thanks in advance
If you set that kind of order that when you lose 10% you sell your coins you could end up trading a lot more than you think, it is not rare for bitcoin to lose 10% in a single day then you sell automatically and then you realize one week later that you sold and that now bitcoin has recover and now you need to buy your coins for a higher price, so if you're going to be a trader be a trader if you are going to be a holder be a holder its very simple.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:43:11 AM

Man, trading doesn't work like this. If you want to trade check chart at least every 5 hours. If you want to hold, don't even look there until you think it is time start trading. That is it for your question

Unfortunately people can't control themselves and they will eventually look at the chart, that's why it doesn't matter whether is short or long term investments, people usually do panic sell or panic buy. Investing in cryptos in general is difficult unless you are really good at controlling your emotions, a psychopath or an idiot.

You are right, without controlling the emotions we can't even make profits through this crypto trading. We should focus on things which will help us to control because every market cannot keep on growing and give a bunch of profits. People should carefully act according to the market situations.

morgan4140

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:03:01 AM

If you want to keep the coins in the long run, you need to choose them from among the top 400-500. Coins from the top 100 are suitable for trading.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:17:45 AM

I think you should hold your coins according to your situation and circumstances, I am sure you understand what I am talking about, so you should not hold 1-2 years, stick to your situation and needs, you are in control, you are captain in world trade , You decide to sail or berthing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: