Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Paying Bitcoin funds into a pool, where others try to 'predict' deaths of high-profile individuals...
Legitimate tit-for-tat. Bad actors are kept in line and rightly punished. - 7 (13%)
Non-reversible transactions = runaway freight train of escalating violence. - 8 (14.8%)
The site operator is a deluded maniac. - 17 (31.5%)
The site operator is a fricken genius and/or hero. - 6 (11.1%)
This is not going to end well for Bitcoin. - 9 (16.7%)
It'll never catch on / flawed system (please explain...) - 7 (13%)
This will be good for Bitcoin and/or my political ideology because... (plz explain below) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: assassination market -- legitimate tit-for-tat as per the N.A.P., or coercion?  (Read 2685 times)
blablahblah (OP)

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

Until now it was just theory. Now there's an actual site running. Thoughts? Smiley
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blablahblah (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:35:14 PM

Early results seem much less controversial than I predicted.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:17:11 PM

You predicted that Bitcoin users would be happy with killing innocent strangers?  Why?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:25:54 PM

You predicted that Bitcoin users would be happy with killing innocent strangers?  Why?

i don't quite support assassinating bad public figures, but they are far from "innocent strangers." they are part of the establishment; they are pretty much the scum of society but they hold the power.
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:39:57 AM

You predicted that Bitcoin users would be happy with killing innocent strangers?  Why?

Because "live and let live"? And it's free market expression. No government has stopped them.

Killing and "live and let live" seem contradictory.
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:46:04 AM

In some ways all the options in poll are somewhat valid...

Probably it will end badly...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Imerman2

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:32:11 AM

You predicted that Bitcoin users would be happy with killing innocent strangers?  Why?

Because "live and let live"? And it's free market expression. No government has stopped them.

Edit: and because the site claims to focus on big names that are guilty of something and above the law.

Previous discussions on these forums gave me the impression that a LOT of people are big fans of these sorts of free-market ideas where government is no longer necessary. I'm extremely sceptical about where this seems to be heading, but I was expecting at least a couple of An-Cap guys to suggest that it's the solution to a justice system without government.

E.g.: various kinds of crimes and punishments are determined by level of crowd-funding, and private contractors deliver retributive justice based on price.

Not sure if Anarchists are avoiding this conversation...

You are not approaching the problem with an intelligently designed business plan, which the free-market would provide.  Justice would be much more efficiently promoted by companies competing for percentages of recompensation of the victims of crimes, and the defendants would be paying for defending themselves in court (they do not have to pay for a defender and because any justice company that is consistently wrong on easy cases will be outcompeted the only people who will need any defense will be defendants in complex cases so most won't have a defender because they won't need one).  In this way all the incentives on justice companies is to create a fair system.  Because a purely voluntaristic society prohibits violence, all actions are either productive or neutral, only violent actions create negatives.  This means that although in certain individual cases it will be more profitable to commit crime on the majority will benefit more by refraining from committing violence.  Therefore, those non-violent communities will become the richest and the only way to spread any idea is through the use of resources, and therefore non-violent communities will have the most resources to further spread their ideology.  Anarchy is a certainty given infinite time, however I want to reach that point as soon as possible, so I want to help try to create it rather than just wait.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:08:52 AM

...snip...
You are not approaching the problem with an intelligently designed business plan, which the free-market would provide.  Justice would be much more efficiently promoted by companies competing for percentages of recompensation of the victims of crimes, and the defendants would be paying for defending themselves in court (they do not have to pay for a defender and because any justice company that is consistently wrong on easy cases will be outcompeted the only people who will need any defense will be defendants in complex cases so most won't have a defender because they won't need one).  In this way all the incentives on justice companies is to create a fair system.  Because a purely voluntaristic society prohibits violence, all actions are either productive or neutral, only violent actions create negatives.  This means that although in certain individual cases it will be more profitable to commit crime on the majority will benefit more by refraining from committing violence.  Therefore, those non-violent communities will become the richest and the only way to spread any idea is through the use of resources, and therefore non-violent communities will have the most resources to further spread their ideology.  Anarchy is a certainty given infinite time, however I want to reach that point as soon as possible, so I want to help try to create it rather than just wait.

You really need to think that through.  The non-violent majority should not have to consider the possibility that some psycho is going to kill their elected leaders.  The very possibility creates the need for a police state supported by a NSA type infrastructure. 
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:47:06 AM

I would not participate in this kind of thing, but I will not condemn people for expressing their opinion.

I believe though that the people on this list are not the people who are (or have been until recently) truly in power.

They are mostly just figureheads and are reacting to pressure from more powerful people who work in secret behind the scenes.

As long that the people that are actually pulling the strings from behind the scenes stay in power, then assassinating the people on this list - even if you think they deserve it - changes little.

cjgames.com
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:02:43 AM

Whether you follow the N.A.P. or stick to coercion, what good to you is a person who is dead?  The assassination market is little more than the intimidation market; you kill one guy, another takes his spot.  What a waste of money!

zxcvbnm123

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

This scares the shit out of me Cry
Let me just say that I created a new account through tor just to post this. Don't want to become the first victim by criticizing it. Grin
I think this site can create widespread disorder where politicians, left and right, get killed. There are enough crazy people around to give high hit prizes on almost all politicians I'd think.
Even more terrifyingly this may be used against people just speaking their minds. Go on TV and talk about drug illegalization, bang and he's gone. Enemy of the caliphate? Bang.
Advocate sharia? Bang. The only one who will remain is the one without opinions at all. The one who is too average to come to mind.
Rather than freeing libertarians from the tyranny of the majority, it will unleash chaos and terrorism and indiscriminate killings.
Oh did I mention, just like people that criticize the site are under threat, so are the creators. No one with an opinion or agenda is safe. Also minority groups will be greatly threatened by this. Kikes? Gas them. Niggers? Burn them. Muslims? Stone them. Gay? Trans? Uh-oh.
Fortunately this website has quickly made itself enemy with some of the most powerful people alive, so I have faith that it will be dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:12:52 AM

Would be (is?) government honeypot. Especially after DPR, I don't think anyone's stupid enough to try hiring an assassin online without a personal reference from a highly-trusted long-time friend.

Before FH shut down, there were all sorts of retarded assassin websites which looked like those old 199x Yahoo starter sites. They were good for a chuckle. If there are any real assassins out there, I don't know of them, and I occasionally like to see what's going on in the underground. Maybe for the best.
blablahblah (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:35:55 AM

^
Lots of great responses -- it's very encouraging!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 10:20:52 AM

How does killing someone compensate the victims?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:38:49 AM

The problem you have here is the press/media influencing people's opinion.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

Will I get killed if I say the people organising this are lunatics!
blablahblah (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

Probably not, but the NSA are probably masturbating to this conversation a bit like in that South Park "Toilet Safety Administration" episode Grin
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:11:22 PM

Probably not, but the NSA are probably masturbating to this conversation a bit like in that South Park "Toilet Safety Administration" episode Grin

Grin
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:51:33 PM

Look, there's a limit to the crap is ok to post in a bitcoin forum, just because somehow that so called "assassination market" operates in bitcoins.

Nuclear weapons are built with fiat. Should people start littering financial forums with WMD discussions?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:19:10 PM

which site are we talking about?
and this would make someone kill someone to win a bet, damn Cheesy
Illegal stuff, we don't need any more of those on bitcoin altough it would give a pump on the price Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: