Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is shocking how dumb the press is -  (Read 3421 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:54:30 AM

I remain unshocked.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:11:05 AM

This has to be the dumbest article ever. Bitcoins were created precisely because the creators wanted government out of the monetary system. To those who don't like don't use it, after all it's a "free" country

No, the dumbest article is when two people said Bitcoin won't be the best electric currency, but the USD will.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:19:47 AM

These media hacks should be embarrassed. Remember the good old days when journalists actually researched a topic before making an ass of themselves?

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:20:51 AM

The press usually tries to write at a roughly 9th grade level so enough of their readers will understand what they are saying.

Bitoin is an extremely advanced technology.

IMO the press does a pretty good job of explaining BTC when considering they must write at a 9th grade level even if what they say is not 100% accurate.

What ultimately happens when the press writes about bitcoin is that more people get interested and buy.
AlPutino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:24:09 AM

Seems like this person just didnt mind to really investigate the issue? They just publish.. to publish?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:13:34 AM

Yeah, press is mostly useless these days.
Almost entirely useless. Careerists and cowards. A bad joke.

True investigative journalism is nearly dead, because it has been systemically de-funded.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:10:59 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 08:22:42 AM by serenitys

Anyone old enough to remember or grow up in the good old days when you could turn on the news or read the paper and just get the fucking story and the point without having 37 channels of pageant losers and fat blow hards giving us commentary on their opinions, like anybody gives a shit what they think?

I rarely watched the news anyway but I definitely know that there was a moment somewhere when "the news" shifted to crackpot commentary and somewhere in that shift journalists and reporters and investigative reporters started faking the news and fabricating fictions and all but do away with "fact checking".

And now, in so called reputable newspapers (now zines online) I am subjected to what I'd once assumed was a real college educated journalism or communications/media major actually still a journalism/comm major doing this shit here:

"In other news, there not going to be able to loose there job's before the big strike in the battle to bring better microchip's to the world"

And I think, "wow...are you seriously that fucking retarded somebody gave your dumb ass a real job??"

And it makes me sad. Sad that at least America celebrates and gives a platform to illiterate dumbass fools trying to fear monger me into toeing the party line. Even worse, I'm now so hyper aware how illiterate and retarded most Americans are, what with their inability to process 3rd grade grammar and adding apostrophes to everything ending in an "s" (makes me want to throat punch someone)...that I automatically assume it'll be a lazy dumbass American doing it and not a foreigner with a poor grasp over our language. I understand why someone in Algiers might sound like they're not playing with a full deck trying to use English...but it's disturbing to me that I can't tell the difference anymore between that and...one of my own  Grin

This was not bitcoin related and I apologize but it is related to the OP title...

SO to get on point, or at least the one as of page 2, why give a complex explanation for mining to anybody, nobody needs to know all that unless they want to mine. What's wrong with the suggestion someone gave previously, just saying miners basically are processing the transactions in the ledger? Even if it's a little wrong it's not nearly as wrong as the article guy said...

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: