Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 07:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think now BTC is more scarce?  (Read 376 times)
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:09:33 AM

It's still early if to say bitcoin scarce at this time, there still 4 million that hasn't been in the mining. If already in the 21 million bitcoin mining it can be said with scarce, if there are still many people who still don't have bitcoin and they want to buy bitcoin. Let say, if you have not invested in bitcoin, now is the right time to start. Hold for a long term, and I believe you will become a rich men.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:09:55 AM

Is there a website out there that tracks all Bitcoin in inaccessible addresses? I think there were some addresses where you could send Bitcoins to 'burn' them forever. This is creating the real scarcity of the Bitcoin supply by lowering the amount of accessible coins permanently.
tosindesign

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:11:04 AM

Btc becoming scarce is a sign of bullish event occurrence . the law of demand and supply has to come to play, except btc price to increase in USD
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

The total amount of bitcoins is certain. If the supply and demand relationship is not balanced, then the demand for bitcoin will rise further, so I think the price of bitcoin will rise sharply.

dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:03:45 AM

Although to me, those "mental barriers" are a funny thing... I cannot understand how someone can succumb to that, really - the situation yesterday was the same as it is today - it could drive the price a bit upwards. However, not substantially. I think people do already know Bitcoin is scarce and have made their minds up either way.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:05:26 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/17-millionth-bitcoin-mined-means-matters/

What's your take on the 17th million btc being mined? It's now more scarce do you think this will help many get past the mental barrier they had before in buying? Will it trigger Fomo and drive the price up?

Nothing special with it... once it has mined the final coin then I will see what would happen next. I had realized a lot of things since December of last year - bitcoin should be utilized and should never be kept (unless you have a plan in the future); but in my case, I will just buy cheap and sell during pump. That 17th million spot means nothing to me so far. There will always be another coin to get profit.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:47:18 AM

Is there a website out there that tracks all Bitcoin in inaccessible addresses?

It is not possible to know which addresses are accessible and which are not, but you can make some good guesses about some addresses. Here is a list of likely "burn" addresses: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917913.0

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:49:51 AM

btc is now more rare it's a common thing because btc is now still one of the coins in the rush by many people. now btc will continue to grow into one of the coins that continue to have a high price. so i think now it's normal btc experience scarcity.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:51:24 AM

It's still early if to say bitcoin scarce at this time, there still 4 million that hasn't been in the mining. If already in the 21 million bitcoin mining it can be said with scarce, if there are still many people who still don't have bitcoin and they want to buy bitcoin. Let say, if you have not invested in bitcoin, now is the right time to start. Hold for a long term, and I believe you will become a rich men.

Btc becoming scarce is a sign of bullish event occurrence . the law of demand and supply has to come to play, except btc price to increase in USD

"Scarce" is a concept in economics that means "limited" or "finite". It does not mean "rare" or "difficult to obtain".

btc is now more rare it's a common thing because btc is now still one of the coins in the rush by many people. now btc will continue to grow into one of the coins that continue to have a high price. so i think now it's normal btc experience scarcity.

Bitcoins are not more rare. There are 1,700,000,000,000,000 satoshis, and there will be 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshis-- enough for 300,000 per person. 300,000 per person of anything is not rare.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:15:43 PM

What's your take on the 17th million btc being mined? It's now more scarce do you think this will help many get past the mental barrier they had before in buying? Will it trigger Fomo and drive the price up?

Bitcoin is not more scarce. The number of bitcoins increases every 10 minutes until it reaches 21 million.
it is increasingly increasing the time the bitcoin capacity decreases, guess all already know that the total bitcoin that there are only 21 million, and from the beginning there are many who hunted it began to decrease now and the harder to get it, even penambangpun less income per day, yes indeed the more rare an item is getting harder to get. and make no mistake the more expensive the price will be.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:19:47 PM

Its not more "scarce" now. In total 21 million bitcoins would be mined and that's it. It has been "scarce" since forever. Being scarce won't do anything to change people's minds. What fucked up logic is that? Bitcoin's price may actually rise when the 17 millionth bitcoin is mined because of people who have a fucked up logic and also those pumping dumbshits.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:08:28 PM

It's true that the scarcity of bitcoin can trigger a price increase, and that makes a lot of people who really want to have bitcoin, because bitcoin is now increasingly popular and famous all over the world.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:31:09 PM

How is BTC more scarce when more has been mined? That doesn't even make sense from a mining perspective alone. Of course if there is a correspond increase in the number of users, the amount of BTC spread between these users will grow increasingly thin as the rate of growth exceeds the rate of mining. I think it's good to have news about bitcoin, as it might trigger FOMO as you say, but I doubt it will have such an effect.
SivaSankarSMS

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:01:42 AM

The next halfening will be a much bigger thing than the previous one and the previous one was a big deal here. The number of bitcoins increases every 10 minutes until it reaches 21 millionso many miners who invest in bitcoin scarcity is a very good prospect, if the occurrence of bitcoin scarcity will trigger a price increase,
bitcoin bitcoin scarcity is certain but it does not mean bitcoin will run out, bitcoin will never run out until whenever
certainly could, and from what I gather from the mainstream media it seems they are in unison when talking about the markets.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:01:38 AM

Bitcoin isn't more scarce. All it means is that bitcoin only has that many left to be mined, it doesn't mean that bitcoin's supply has dropped at all. In fact, bitcoin is still inflationary, it's just disinflationary, meaning that the emission drops down over time.

I don't believe it's going to do anything to bitcoin, tangibly.

The difference between 16.9 million and 17 million is extremely small, almost negligible. Plus, the emission rate per block isn't going to change until 2020, so I fail to see any major impact resulting in this.

Smiley
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:08:57 AM

this is make bitcoin have more potential to reach a new high price record. more bitcoin mined means that bitcoin will be limited and rare in the future. This should be offset by the functionality and usability of bitcoin, if it works more demand will come and the limited availability of bitcoin makes the price more expensive
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:01:40 AM

Bitcoin's price clearly follows the economic principle of supply and demand-that is, when supply prices fall and prices tilt. This observation, as I have felt throughout my Bitcoin experience, is true.Therefore, Bitcoin investors can only rejoice for this.
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:11:11 AM

Absolutely, if the price there are a few supplies of bitcoin but already 17 million over 21 million is mined, the prices will surely go up. So bitcoin holders are lucky to have one because anytime soon, bitcoin price will skyrocket high.
simaislam

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

If anything bitcoin gets less scarce every block that is mined as bitcoin is minted with each block. There is no supply/demand reason that price would be driven up by the mining of the 17th million bitcoin, however the idea that either its been going on for so long that there is more strength behind it or the scarcity of what is left seems appealing. The scarcity of whats left driving up price makes no sense though, because it's not used up like Oil, so controlling the last drops could be huge, the 17 million are all out there.
riplete

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:49:51 AM

If the BTC is more scarce then the price will be pushed higher, I think so
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: