Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC MINER FOR ETHEREUM DISCUSSION  (Read 135 times)
john1010 (OP)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 01:09:11 AM by john1010

Hi Guys and to all mining expert here, this past few weeks the Asic for Ethereum is the hot topic in all social networking site, now my question is, has anyone here using it right now? What is the difference of this ASIC to GPU mining? Is this practical to buy and use? Can we mine other coin using it?

Thanks I hope that we can make a very HEALTHY discussion here... Because in my mind I consider to try it, maybe need more information to the users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 12:20:09 AM

Hi Guys and to all mining expert here, this past few weeks the Asic for Ethereum is the hot topic in all social networking site, now my question is, has anyone here using it right now? What is the difference of this ASIC to GPU mining? Is this practical to buy and use? Can we mine other coin using it?

Thanks I hope that we can make a very substantial discussion here... Because in my mind I consider to try it, maybe need more information to the users.

Your questions are pretty basic and they can all be answered simply by using google.

If you want "substantial discussion" then you should probably started by learning more about the ASIC then provide your opinion here. To help you get things started, my opinion is that the ETH ASIC is no longer worth it right now because of all the new risks associated with ETH mining; incoming switch POS, increasing difficulty, and in our country increasing electricity costs.

FYI, nobody is using it right now because it ships in July 2018.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:30:37 AM

Thanks I hope that we can make a very substantial discussion here... Because in my mind I consider to try it, maybe need more information to the users.

It was a buy at 800 after eth devs said they wouldnt fork it, but bitmain then jacked up the price.

john1010 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 12:33:53 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 01:10:42 AM by john1010

Your questions are pretty basic and they can all be answered simply by using google.

If you want "substantial discussion" then you should probably started by learning more about the ASIC then provide your opinion here. To help you get things started, my opinion is that the ETH ASIC is no longer worth it right now because of all the new risks associated with ETH mining; incoming switch POS, increasing difficulty, and in our country increasing electricity costs.

I know google is there, but my question is very practical and the best answer is from the user who are using right now this Eth Asic, what is the experience of those user..

Thanks for the info..
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:37:49 AM

I know google is there, but my question is very practical and the best answer is from the user who are using right now this Eth Asic, what is their experience of those user..

Thanks for the info..

There was nothing practical about your questions. You do not need to create a topic to find answers that are already posted everywhere.

If you are looking for the opinions of others then you can start by looking at other threads already discussing this EXACT same topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3249542.0

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
john1010 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:08:46 AM

I know google is there, but my question is very practical and the best answer is from the user who are using right now this Eth Asic, what is their experience of those user..

Thanks for the info..

There was nothing practical about your questions. You do not need to create a topic to find answers that are already posted everywhere.

If you are looking for the opinions of others then you can start by looking at other threads already discussing this EXACT same topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3249542.0

Well if i saw that topic I will not make another one..

You do not need to create a topic to find answers that are already posted everywhere.

Like I said if I saw it, it will never happen to create a new one..  And you have no permission to prevent me doing my right to post.. Only the admin can delete or posting a warning here.. Oh by the way, I'm not violating any rules here.. So chill up and relax..  Wink
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:39:05 AM

The word on the street is that Bitmain has some fast F3 Ethereum miner that they want to keep private because they don't want the ETH devs to perform a hard fork and make it useless.

So instead they cleverly released an E3 miner which seems no different than most GPU mining rigs.

The ETH devs saw no centralization issue and declined to do any future algo changes.

And then Bitmain raised the price by $1000 and so far nobody has seen it in person. It won't be shipped until June or July.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:50:23 AM

The word on the street is that Bitmain has some fast F3 Ethereum miner that they want to keep private because they don't want the ETH devs to perform a hard fork and make it useless.

So instead they cleverly released an E3 miner which seems no different than most GPU mining rigs.

The ETH devs saw no centralization issue and declined to do any future algo changes.

And then Bitmain raised the price by $1000 and so far nobody has seen it in person. It won't be shipped until June or July.

Yes exactly this. Also not sure why a Hero asked such a question when there is plenty of information of the E3 already on this forum.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:59:53 AM

Well if i saw that topic I will not make another one..

Like I said if I saw it, it will never happen to create a new one..  And you have no permission to prevent me doing my right to post.. Only the admin can delete or posting a warning here.. Oh by the way, I'm not violating any rules here.. So chill up and relax..  Wink

You would have seen it if you used the search button.

Maybe you should relax too since you're the one who created an entire topic just to ask questions that can easily by searched. Woah! A topic for a basic question?? Relax buddy!  Cool

Yes exactly this. Also not sure why a Hero asked such a question when there is plenty of information of the E3 already on this forum.

A hero and "crypto consultant" lol.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:08:40 AM

I don't know where you are getting any of that. In fact as to the possibility of an algorithm change, in the last developer meeting they seemed rather open to the idea if the ASIC threat and community justified it, even if it was just an experiment to see how much the network hash rate would be affected by that move. The problem is the ETH 'ASIC' first batch from Bitmain won't ship until the middle of July and too little factual information is known at this point to make an informed decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKumx5CIA-k&feature=youtu.be&t=1909
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:25:29 AM

I can say nothing. ASIC issue, more like Merit issue nowadays. Cheesy

Back to the topic.

What is the difference of this ASIC to GPU mining?
ASICs can mine one algorithm only.
GPUs were more flexible with the algorithm selection.

Is this practical to buy and use?
Yes, only need a bit setting (interface network and pool setting). GPUs rigs are more complex than ASICs.

Can we mine other coin using it?
Yes, as long as those coins have accordance algorithm with the machine.

Personally, I am GPU miner and I like to be.  Wink
john1010 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:52:52 AM

I can say nothing. ASIC issue, more like Merit issue nowadays. Cheesy

Back to the topic.

What is the difference of this ASIC to GPU mining?
ASICs can mine one algorithm only.
GPUs were more flexible with the algorithm selection.

Is this practical to buy and use?
Yes, only need a bit setting (interface network and pool setting). GPUs rigs are more complex than ASICs.

Can we mine other coin using it?
Yes, as long as those coins have accordance algorithm with the machine.

Personally, I am GPU miner and I like to be.  Wink

Thanks mate for your very constructive answer, well for those crying baby here who've didn't understand the purpose of this community forum, Why they ask me to look for google while some members here are willing to throw some help?

Thanks Buddy!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: