Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will BTC be worth $100,000 per BTC???  (Read 6858 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:08:57 PM

I think some people already bought houses and cars already with their bitcoins Grin Next year some bitcoiners may fly to the Moon Cool
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

What are the the two axis even represent in this graph? And how that graph fits to estimate the future value of bitcoin  Lips sealed
X axis is the year, y axis is the number of hosts connected to the internet, scale is logarhithmic

And how this graph fits to estimate bitcoin price. Do you think that for some metaphysical reason, bitcoin price will follow the growth of internet hosts?  Roll Eyes
Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:36:22 PM

What are the the two axis even represent in this graph? And how that graph fits to estimate the future value of bitcoin  Lips sealed
X axis is the year, y axis is the number of hosts connected to the internet, scale is logarhithmic

And how this graph fits to estimate bitcoin price. Do you think that for some metaphysical reason, bitcoin price will follow the growth of internet hosts?  Roll Eyes

yes - that is not so metaphysical

take any curve of a new free technology that is global - all of them follow the same principles
Here is a map of the current BTC distribution:
http://getaddr.bitnodes.io/

think how fast China adopted Bitcoin and they just started
now look at the light green areas - including India
Bitcoin is an unstoppable monster eating the whole money market
who is first in will profit just from speculation
others profit from the adavantages (speed, low transaction fee, no border control, ...)

in Sep 2013 my forecast was 1000$ for March 2014 - see what we have now
Now my forecast is 10000$ for 2014

and for the whole monster my prediction is 1 Satoshi for 10 US Cent when the adoption will finish
since I have no real idea (metaphysics) when this will happen I just looked into existing growing curves
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:49:05 PM

Ok but price estimation doesn't work that way. I mean by copy-pasting random graphs from things that are somehow related(?) and then changing the axis labels.
Having said that, i hope you are right  Tongue
RebelWorm

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:54:39 PM

yes - that is not so metaphysical

take any curve of a new free technology that is global - all of them follow the same principles
Here is a map of the current BTC distribution:
http://getaddr.bitnodes.io/

think how fast China adopted Bitcoin and they just started
now look at the light green areas - including India
Bitcoin is an unstoppable monster eating the whole money market
who is first in will profit just from speculation
others profit from the adavantages (speed, low transaction fee, no border control, ...)

in Sep 2013 my forecast was 1000$ for March 2014 - see what we have now
Now my forecast is 10000$ for 2014

and for the whole monster my prediction is 1 Satoshi for 10 US Cent when the adoption will finish
since I have no real idea (metaphysics) when this will happen I just looked into existing growing curves
I hope you're right! Can't you just follow the graph to see when 1 satoshi = 10¢?
Valerian77

Activity: 437
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:47:49 PM

I hope you're right! Can't you just follow the graph to see when 1 satoshi = 10¢?

No I cannot. Currently BTC is still in an early phase which makes it impossible to give a concrete forecast in this point.
I think for sure that his scheme will be true:
2014 - 1E4
2015/16 - 1E5

But how things develop then depends on many factors. 1 Satoshi = 10 Cent is my personal metaphysical assumption. Alternative szenarios are that Alt currencies take over parts from the market (not Ripple). Then you may choose which of the Alt currencies may be the next successful cryptocurrency.
Jasiek

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

no one knows!
alxAcid

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:22:55 PM

We might see the rise of multiple cryptocurrencies in our lifetimes that certain regions support at a greater rate than other regions. While people are pushing hard at developing machines capable of hashing more and more SHA256 per second per watt, perhaps the altcoins will see their hayday where people have been slow to the punch with bitcoin and mining and decide to focus on supporting alternative currency that they can participate in. So you may see China fully supporting bitcoin, while another country decides LItecoins (or any other altcoin) properties are most beneficial for it's economy. Cryptocurrencies are fascinating and it seems there has been a gigantic vacuum for the utility that the medium provide. $1,000/btc, no problem. $10,000/btc? Definitely. $100,000/btc? Bring it on  Cool

The total amount of dollars and dollar liabilities around the world most likely eclipses $50 trillion; I've read somewhere the total lies in the quadrillions of dollars. With this in mind, I believe the exchange rate for BTC/$ will exponentially decrease until the dollar is made completely obsolete by unproductive monetary policy and ineffective/terroristic political practices domestically and internationally by the United States Federal government.
rishrash

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:23:13 PM

Never!  :-)
cryptosprinter

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:57:58 PM

March 30, 2017.
fiddelingones

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:04:44 AM

I think some people already bought houses and cars already with their bitcoins Grin Next year some bitcoiners may fly to the Moon Cool

Lets say some bitcoiners may fly to the space already, for others, Bitcoin price must skyrocket to the Moon  Wink

henryreardon

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:48:58 AM

Seems like a simple calculation to me...

- Total value of all currently circulating world currency in USD = around 10T right now (M2)

- Currently 11 million bitcoins in circulation now

therefore 10 trillion /11 million = 909K per Bitcoin

...what the potential max price of BTC is today if it replaced all world currency.

And fine, that won't happen tomorrow, but remember, the rapidity of adoption of technology is usually much, much, much faster than old school goods... one need only think back to '94 an the incipient internet for an example of that.  Once we pass that critical inflection point, we'll hear that GIANT SUCKING SOUND of mass technology adoption, and we could hit that 909K per Bitcoin sooner than we think.
Bigworm37

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:56:11 AM

I sure hope it hits 100,000 or more..lol I just won 5 BTC on a survivor football pool (entry was free)  Grin
young3dvard

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:08:29 AM

- Total value of all currently circulating world currency in USD = around 10T right now (M2)

...what the potential max price of BTC is today if it replaced all world currency.

You miss one point, current price is 800 USD, so 800 USD * 11 million = 8800 million USD.
But at all exchanges today there are no more than 100 million USD available, but 800 USD / BTC still works  Wink

So dont underestimate the potential max price of BTC
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:20:23 AM

And fine, that won't happen tomorrow, but remember, the rapidity of adoption of technology is usually much, much, much faster than old school goods... one need only think back to '94 an the incipient internet for an example of that.  Once we pass that critical inflection point, we'll hear that GIANT SUCKING SOUND of mass technology adoption, and we could hit that 909K per Bitcoin sooner than we think.

That figure is much higher because not all minted bitcoins are in circulation.
Not that it matters anyway since we are talking about world domination here and thats quite the longshot  Cool
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:44:51 AM

I'd be willing to wager my last coin that I'll be 6 feet under the ground before BTC even remotely gets close to that figure. I suppose one can always dream right?
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:31:12 AM

I'd be willing to wager my last coin that I'll be 6 feet under the ground before BTC even remotely gets close to that figure. I suppose one can always dream right?

Well back when bitcoin was 1$ i guess some crazy guys were talking about 1000$ bitcoins. Not saying that i 'm crazy enough to dream of 1m$ but sounds nice anyway  Cool
javamit

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:11:29 AM

am sure in year 2020.
urmbn

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:51:57 AM

Who knows..  There are many variables that that could align to make that possible, known and unknown.  I think the supply side of bitcoin is fairly well understood, and I'm seeing a number of positive signs on the demand side of late, and there's lots of room for continued improvement.  There are many possible outcomes, but 100k (2.1 trillion $ market cap) is one of them.  If I get a free bet, I'm going with 1k this year, 10k in a year and a half, and 100k in 11.  
BlackShadow

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:06:44 AM

I think this will happen by Decemver 1st Everybody mark their calanders Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: