Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:59:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:00:21 PM

If the site you mention is a perfect and secure way of recovering bitcoin password it is a good news. I have heard so many people cry because they cannot have access to their wallet due to forgetting password. This will also have disadvantage in the sense that some people may use it to penetrate others wallet. If we value our bitcoin we will use every means to secure and keep our password.

It‘s really a good website cuz most of my friends have try it until now.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
I have my passwords  on a special USB drive and, moreover, print it on a separate page. As for me concerns,  I don't trust any password recovery sites.

And this is a market based on blockchain technology with high security. So the worst thing is forgetting your wallet.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

I think if you forgot the password you can recover it by means through email and phone number that you use of it for registration. I would suggest just always keep the most important files in a safe.

Ca.ming14

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:07:46 PM

if there's a software like that and it really works, then it's fine. But in my opinion, as digital cryptocurrencies user's any software can be suspicious because your wallet can be hacked and you will loose your coins. To avoid these things to happen you can do some back up like save it in paper, memory card,cd's, flashdrive so that you will not loose your riches.
angelakrasnova

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:10:20 PM

There is no way to restore the bitcoin key, so you just need to forget about this purse and create a new one and record it!
sadwage

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:17:09 PM

if user forgot the bitcoin password I think they will never open her bitcoin account and all the bitcoin hold thats the reality you should accept the cost of forgotten password. I suggest for every bitcoin holder to back up their password.
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:23:39 PM

I think there is always a way to retieve. Bitcoin wallet like the one I used is secured with personal identification and code. In such case, it is easy to reset my password through email or through customer service. Compare to other wallet, btc wallet is not that easy to hack.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:48:41 PM

I think there is always a way to retieve. Bitcoin wallet like the one I used is secured with personal identification and code. In such case, it is easy to reset my password through email or through customer service. Compare to other wallet, btc wallet is not that easy to hack.

Yes,there is always a way to retieve your wallet password.
bellakrstna

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

there is nothing you can do, even bitcoin developer can do anything about it because they dont save your wallet password.
it is better to prevent from losing wallet and back up your password on the safe place.
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

No, if that's the case, then you've lost your BTC, so be careful with your BTC password.

Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:21:40 PM

It's possible for anyone to forget how password due to some situation beyond human control like sickness, depression, when one is occupy with so many things at a time that is why its wise to have someone at least in the family (preferably wife)  who know about bitcoin and who you could entrust with your password in case of any eventuality.
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:26:58 PM

I think if I would forgot my password, I would be sitting 24/7 trying to bruteforce it, or trying to remind myself of it... if it would be worth.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:44:41 PM

This is the worst thing might happen to you. Though, it is impossible to forget your own password. Best way is to save it somewhere.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

if you lost you private key , i think now way to recover it , so you should save you private key or any password in many safe place.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:01:09 PM

most likely if you have lost access to try to open the wallet then you will lose your valuable assets better you keep the secret key provided by bitcoin purse provider stored in a safe place and try to sync with your device.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:16:38 PM

I only use blockchain.info and optionally security with the app on ios. I have consulted from a lot of people in the bct community on many different threads. At blockchain if you forgot your password. It still has the option of backing up 12 words to recover your wallet account. So, if you've backed it up before. Do not worry. You will retain your good fortune with those 12 phrases.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:36:16 PM

the situation is not pleasant! but very many interesting opinions on this matter! it's very good that many came up with humor! nothing to do, for this system is unique! you should always write on a piece of paper and carry all the information to a few custodians!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
300pips

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:39:58 PM

This is one of the reason why Bitcoin's price got so high. Wayback few years ago. All lost private keys, all lost wallets, all thousand of BTC owned by passed away people are went to eternity forever. Their Bitcoins are lost forever. And it will take a million years for you to crack that private para phrase coz they are composed of series of word combination.

Google (http://www.google.com)
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:46:11 PM

That will be the very bad situation. Basically, I keep my personal things on the secret box and I keep them in many places So, of I gorget my passwords then maybe I can recover them.

tokexchain

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:49:25 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

It's very simple, backup your private keys and then if your wallet is encrypted, it will not matter what the passphrase is - just keep the private key string on a safe removable media, and then make a copy, even an exact paper print out stored correctly can save the day in the worst case scenario of corrupt / damaged or accidentally erased Flash / USB media sticks / damaged CDR's etc...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: