Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:49:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #stopshere  (Read 211 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 02:29:06 AM
Merited by malevolent (2)

It stops here.

Stop supporting obvious ICO scams. Don't add them to your signatures. Speak out against them, and stop defending shit coins. If we want to get more people involved in cryptocurrency, let's stop spreading these absolute shit coins and spend our time on what matters.

If you support this and are ready to stand up against these obvious scams by not selling out your signature to shit coins comment below.

Positivebetting
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

I fully support your campaign, i think we should not support and promote fake or low quality icos and bounty campaigns, only quality icos and campaigns should be promoted.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:47:48 PM

It stops here.

Stop supporting obvious ICO scams. Don't add them to your signatures. Speak out against them, and stop defending shit coins. If we want to get more people involved in cryptocurrency, let's stop spreading these absolute shit coins and spend our time on what matters.

If you support this and are ready to stand up against these obvious scams by not selling out your signature to shit coins comment below.
I agree with you is a good idea, but sometimes it's very difficult to distinguish the scam from a good project. For example, I've already missed a lot of projects because I thought it was a scam
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:53:53 PM

please don't use a silly hashtag  Lips sealed

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:59:10 PM

How can you determine what's a scam and what's not? WE CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE.Not every ICO is a scam(albeit most are).It's really very hard to proof an ICO to be 100% scam.

If you are really worried about this, then do a research and give us the reason to support you.Tell us which all ICO's are scam and why.Just making a post and creating a hashtag isn't going to help.
juragankambing

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:06:45 PM

I really support what you say,
I was one of the victims of Ico scam,
So I went with you to fight Ico scam
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 11:29:40 PM

How can you determine what's a scam and what's not? WE CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE.Not every ICO is a scam(albeit most are).It's really very hard to proof an ICO to be 100% scam.

If you are really worried about this, then do a research and give us the reason to support you.Tell us which all ICO's are scam and why.Just making a post and creating a hashtag isn't going to help.

Of course, not everything can be found and this isn't 100% bulletproof, however, if you stop posting bounties without doing minimal research then it helps. I will surely go more in depth with this and help locate scams. It truly isn't hard though, if you put in the time to research and know what to look for then it can be quite easy.

Positivebetting
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:58:46 PM

I always research all the bounty ICOs deeply because i was so many times painfully slapped so now i just do great ICOs but mostly there are not so many doing bounties lately.
hard times coming because they usually sell without doing bounty
lokanot0

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 01:01:01 AM

You have my undying support on this matter. This ICO scams with shit coins should be stopped before it gets any more worse.
300pips

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:05:14 AM

Hello dude, before you yell. Can you post here the name of the scam coins, and some proofs? I only join a bounty with high rating profile in icorating and icobench.

It stops here.

Google (http://www.google.com)
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:32:04 AM

Sometimes fraud there are also many candidates to be cheated, so for me it is hard to know clearly ICO scams or being honest, it needs a very deep analysis and looking for a more accurate source, how much you are against fraud and unfortunately they also do not care, back again it's all just your own fault without finding out before investing, it's stupid thinking everything just wants instant.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:26:42 AM

It stops here.

That is the reason why ICO's are losing trust because of people who support that kind of project. They should really look at the ICO that they are joining to avoid schemes like that.

shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 03:42:05 AM

It stops here.

But the question is, how do you define or judge a coin to be an obvious scam? I coin that may look shitcoin to you, may look very promising to its investors or supporters. There is no base criteria where all can agree or evaluate about an ICO.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:10:00 AM

It stops here.

i support what you say, there are many post on thread which are not critical about their analysis. I hate those scammers trying to steal people money in the name of ico, i don't speak good of them.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 03:32:11 PM

This isn't all just about "scams" which I would guess means people stealing your money. However, lots of projects are in the grey area where they are raising money, and obviously, cant build what they say. It can be hard to tell if they are exactly spending the funded money legit.

But this to call all of the bullshit projects out.

Positivebetting
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:40:42 PM

As others have said, it's obvious what's a scam after the project disintegrates and the people flee... but I suspect there were those who called ETH a scam in the very early days.  People who invested early and held have seen huge returns.  Your campaign is noble but ultimately wont go anywhere because few people will agree on what a scam is.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:07:44 PM

Understandable incentive, but some of the ICOs are masked in such fashion, that its very difficult to identify the scam ones. Also the "scam" term is being thrown around very loosely these days, a lot of times the folks behind the ICOs are plainly too incompetent to carry out the process, but they dont have malicious intents, so its lazy to call them scams.
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 04:28:41 PM

Yes, I am quite on your side as well. But isn't it hard to find and identify ICOs that are scam? Some ICOs looks shady but turns out that they are actually the legitimate one. But still, one day I hope that we are able to identify and exploit their scamming schemes to the public for the benefit of all.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

Take my advice as a guide to verifying any ICO:
1. On preico, the team must have a contract for automatic transfer of funds with prescribed conditions for early investors - not handles like many do, namely those prescribed in a smart contract - otherwise the collected funds can simply enrich the funders or conditions will change during the play - cases of lots.
2. The contract for preIOO should be part of a large ICO contract - not different coins - it is not safe in terms of vulnerabilities and withdrawals.
3. The contract for preIOO and then the ICO should be registered lower and upper barrier - if this is not the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should be escrow of the funds received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multisec with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. In the contract, an unconditional refund should be prescribed in the event that the lower limit of the collected pool is not reached. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not - scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GithHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.
This is just my opinion on this issue, I think it will help)
triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

It sound so easy to say. How can you determine if an ICO is going to be a scam or not. If we all can see an obvious ICO, then I don't think any one will ever loose money in an ICO. Everything is depended on insight, and knowledge about the would be project otherwise it will be difficult to stop them. I have witness and invested in ICO that has all criteria of a good project, team members profile on linkedin seems so powerful. Yet after they took my hardearned ether , no communication, no development and no exchange listing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: