Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:08:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to hold coins in 2018  (Read 98 times)
Rydereee12 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:01:56 AM

How long should we hold coins?
In the past 3 weeks, despite all the risks, many investors have hold a large number of coins such as TRX, XVG, XRP, ADA, etc. ranging from good to bad coins including DGB, DOGE.

Getting back a little bit with the psychology of human beings: we are always afraid but very pleasure when others talk about profit. When some coin prices are falling, you only see the negative things in it: "It will surely keep falling, so it’s better to stay away". When it turns back up: "It will plunge again sooner or later?" But when it's high up then: "It will no longer fall".

As an investor, you will have to understand a coin before investing money in it. You should evaluate and consider everything before making the decision to buy and hold for a long term (for 6 months to 1 year , or at least 3 months for the most impatient investors). Because one cycle of increase / decrease of a coin usually lasts for 2 months, understanding coin will give you confidence, psychological preparedness before facing the falling prices

The criteria to assess a coin:
1. General information about that coin
2. The purpose of generating the coin
3. The dev team (do more or say much)?
4. What is the current product? In what stage?
5. Are there existing customers? Potential customers?
6. Vision of future coin? Is it realistic or just expressed in words?
7. Scalability?  Can it be accepted by the public? Is it possible to apply to everyday life?

I spend little time tracking the prices. Most of the time is spent on reading news, evaluating coins to make investment decisions. I also spend only 10-15 minutes on technical analysis (It’s not because I view it as unimportant, I’m just get used to it). As a result, I have bought a lot of coin at a very good price. I bought when you were there saying: how can it increase again. I left you far behind, at present, it is greatly safe for all my investments because my investment value has increased by several to tens of times.

You can say whatever in case of rising price, even when you invest in shitcoin. However, when the price falls this low, my balance seems to keep stable thanks to my calculation and comprehensive knowledge about coins. Once investing in a coin, I strongly believe in its future. I choose the right time to buy more coins without any fear of risk!

So how long to hold coins? The answer is that you go learn more thoroughly and comprehensively about the coins you want to invest in and make your decisions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichardTall

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:16:21 AM

Investors are often afraid when prices fall. It looks like your strategy is great
Rydereee12 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:12:20 AM

Investors are often afraid when prices fall. It looks like your strategy is great

BTC prices fell, market capitalization decreased, profit fell. So that's why they fear when the price of BTC drops
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:02:29 PM

How long should we hold coins?
In the past 3 weeks, despite all the risks, many investors have hold a large number of coins such as TRX, XVG, XRP, ADA, etc. ranging from good to bad coins including DGB, DOGE.

Getting back a little bit with the psychology of human beings: we are always afraid but very pleasure when others talk about profit. When some coin prices are falling, you only see the negative things in it: "It will surely keep falling, so it’s better to stay away". When it turns back up: "It will plunge again sooner or later?" But when it's high up then: "It will no longer fall".

As an investor, you will have to understand a coin before investing money in it. You should evaluate and consider everything before making the decision to buy and hold for a long term (for 6 months to 1 year , or at least 3 months for the most impatient investors). Because one cycle of increase / decrease of a coin usually lasts for 2 months, understanding coin will give you confidence, psychological preparedness before facing the falling prices

The criteria to assess a coin:
1. General information about that coin
2. The purpose of generating the coin
3. The dev team (do more or say much)?
4. What is the current product? In what stage?
5. Are there existing customers? Potential customers?
6. Vision of future coin? Is it realistic or just expressed in words?
7. Scalability?  Can it be accepted by the public? Is it possible to apply to everyday life?

I spend little time tracking the prices. Most of the time is spent on reading news, evaluating coins to make investment decisions. I also spend only 10-15 minutes on technical analysis (It’s not because I view it as unimportant, I’m just get used to it). As a result, I have bought a lot of coin at a very good price. I bought when you were there saying: how can it increase again. I left you far behind, at present, it is greatly safe for all my investments because my investment value has increased by several to tens of times.

You can say whatever in case of rising price, even when you invest in shitcoin. However, when the price falls this low, my balance seems to keep stable thanks to my calculation and comprehensive knowledge about coins. Once investing in a coin, I strongly believe in its future. I choose the right time to buy more coins without any fear of risk!

So how long to hold coins? The answer is that you go learn more thoroughly and comprehensively about the coins you want to invest in and make your decisions.

I hold my coins until the roadmap of the project is complete - this is what holding should be all about, People nowadays are holding for 2 weeks and term that as holding. The minimum time to br termed as holding should be five years since thats the time most businesses renew their strategic plan.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:11:33 PM

You wrote a pretty constructive post.
But there are not enough examples from life. Yes, it sounds beautiful and looks on paper very well. But which tokens instilled in you such confidence? I always doubt everything. No matter how promising the project is and how I like it, I will always doubt it.
Doubts can leave me if the product is already on the market. It found its customers. Demand is increasing and investors are happy. If it's about development, then I would not be sure.

mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:41:20 PM

Thanks for this post. I found this post informative cause we can pick something useful from your vision and expeince. But anyway everybody choosing his own strategy of how to hold/sell. I will keep in mind your criteria.  Good luck.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

You must buy in 2017 to keep money in 2017. Now the plots are very suitable for buying completely red just make the investment right and wait. I'm sure that waiting will save us money.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:14:26 PM

You don't need to make long-term investments in coins/tokens launched far ago at all! Just buy some tokens in ICO for one of the promising blockchain platform (like Quarckchain/Oneledger/NKN and so on). Most "new and fresh" tokens always have much bigger potential in long-term/mid-term than projects launched far ago, you should invest in such projects for short-term only...And the launch of mainnet is usually the best time to sell tokens. But it's just my opinion and strategy that I use.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: