Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why was BCB's post edited? Is he "protected" ?  (Read 1307 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

BCB was caught tracking, or rather recording the IP's of every person who viewed this post.

This post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333824.msg3592707#msg3592707

Psy caught him and called him out on it. However that thread has been "cleaned"  of that act.

Posts related have been moved here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341146.0;topicseen

It seems BCB was trying to find out the IP of jdillion a member of the core BTC dev team who is also suspected of being a high ranking NSA officer.  (stolen documents support this)

So why was this covered up? BCB is suspected of being a cop and claims has personal information on "a key person" in the forum. Did BCB blackmail them or is this cover up normal operating proceeder?

Also assuming BCB is not a cop/spy trying to uncover one of his own, is he a hacker looking for computers that might hold .wallet files?    Any other ideas?

Thx.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:13:49 PM

Hrm? It wasn't "covered up". All I did was split those posts from the discussion and removed an off-topic mod note from what was otherwise an on-topic post so that we don't have to split it once again.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:22:09 PM

Hrm? It wasn't "covered up". All I did was split those posts from the discussion and removed an off-topic mod note from what was otherwise an on-topic post so that we don't have to split it once again.

I see. I have updated the links in his feedback so as long as they stay I guess its all cool.

Thanks for a quick reply.

Yeah, sorry for taking so long to make my intentions there apparent, but I had to do a double-split and then prune the off-topic posts from each split, which took awhile.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:56:33 PM

I'm sorry to disagree, here, about the "off-topic" mod note.
People reading this kind of political threads should know that BCB is interested in collecting IP addresses, and be aware of that risk.
Mod-note should have stayed.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:01:11 AM

People reading this kind of political threads should know that BCB is interested in collecting IP addresses, and be aware of that risk.
Since it appears that people want the note to stay, I have re-added a note redirecting people to the split off thread.

Kouye

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:04:21 AM

I liked psy red one better, but thanks, I guess. Grin

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:42:35 AM

Hey I'm not a fed.  Nor a hacker.  I was trying to determine what countries the users who where posting in that thread where coming from.  No ip's were logged or probed.  After the tracking pixel was discovered I got hammered by a few member (and doxed) and I took it down.  The AWS instance was terminated and the logs are now gone.  Stupid, but not malicious.  Anyone who know me personally, and many of you do, can attest to that.

What I did determine was the the majority of the ips hitting that thread where from OUTSIDE out the US, which let me to believe we in the US were so worked up about the coming Senate hearing we started thinking about how to tell the US government what we think they want to hear. Thus coin marking and coin validation etc.  The whole coin marking debate is trying to solve a US legal/regulation problem (in my opinion) and this is obviously NOT an issue for the rest of the world based on the angry feed back in that thread.  So my personal conclusion is that any kind of coin marking, redlining (or what every it is called) has no place in the core protocol.

I'm also writing this after attending the two days of hearings in Washington DC where not one law enforcement witness requested greater access to the bitcoin protocol.  They all said that bitcoin is legal, and they frankly have no interest in it as long as it is not being use in illicit activity.  They also said that they have the tools and the statutes in place that they need to achieve there stated goals.

The bigger problem in the US for bitcoiners is the onerous State to State money transmitter licensing and the banking problem.  Lawsky in NYS has announced new hearing here in NY coming up and I believe we need additional hearings in the Senate banking committee to address the banking issues.

So regarding the tracking bug it was a stupid move and I apologize for causing concern.

(And no I don't collect ip's - any records I have on scammers are posted publicly in the scammer threads.  I don't save them anywhere else.)

And thank you bm888 for not doxing me.  Anyone who has traded with me knows who I am or could easily find me and if anyone really needs to know who I am just pm me.  

Thanks.

papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:55:42 AM

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:59:40 PM

Hey I'm not a fed.  Nor a hacker.  I was trying to determine what countries the users who where posting in that thread where coming from.  No ip's were logged or probed.  After the tracking pixel was discovered I got hammered by a few member (and doxed) and I took it down.  The AWS instance was terminated and the logs are now gone.  Stupid, but not malicious.  Anyone who know me personally, and many of you do, can attest to that.

If that's so, why were you to trying to conceal the fact that you were logging people's IP addresses?

Why did you decide to leave the forums for 6 days after being discovered?

Also it looks like you're also PM'ing people with the tracking pixels:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341940.0

To be honest I wouldn't mind so as long as you were more open about it.

Signature space available for rent.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:20:34 PM

If that's so, why were you to trying to conceal the fact that you were logging people's IP addresses?

Why do you say I left the forum for 6 days??
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:23:22 PM

Hey I'm not a fed.  Nor a hacker.  I was trying to determine what countries the users who where posting in that thread where coming from.  No ip's were logged or probed.  After the tracking pixel was discovered I got hammered by a few member (and doxed) and I took it down.  The AWS instance was terminated and the logs are now gone.  Stupid, but not malicious.  Anyone who know me personally, and many of you do, can attest to that.

IIRC you didn't log in using this account until today.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:18:37 PM

Hey I'm not a fed.  Nor a hacker.  I was trying to determine what countries the users who where posting in that thread where coming from.  No ip's were logged or probed.  After the tracking pixel was discovered I got hammered by a few member (and doxed) and I took it down.  The AWS instance was terminated and the logs are now gone.  Stupid, but not malicious.  Anyone who know me personally, and many of you do, can attest to that.

IIRC you didn't log in using this account until today.

1. not true.
2. So you are monitoring MY activity?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:07:52 PM

I have been watching you so i can say that yes you hage logged in many times since then.

Sure did take you a long time to reply after getting caught even though you were online.

So you too are "Monitoring" my behavior.  Hmmm...

Also, If you can get a wireless password from an intern in the senate office building you are a better man then I.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:16:02 PM

I may be mistaken as to your logging in or not* but why didn't you post for 6 days after psy has found out about your pixel tracking?

You still haven't answered my previous question:
Why were you to trying to conceal the fact that you were logging people's IP addresses?

*this was a guess and I don't employ your methods

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:28:27 PM

I was going to PM BCB about it, but decided it was better everyone was made aware that between the time BCB posted and the time of my edit there was a tracking pixel in that post.
If his target was jdillon he should have PM'ed him the tracking pixel. Tracking everyone is not cool. And before someone asks, no, I don't think BCB was doing it with ill intent, I just didn't like the "drag surveillance" method he was using.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:33:09 PM

I was going to PM BCB about it, but decided it was better everyone was made aware that between the time BCB posted and the time of my edit there was a tracking pixel in that post.
If his target was jdillon he should have PM'ed him the tracking pixel. Tracking everyone is not cool. And before someone asks, no, I don't think BCB was doing it with ill intent, I just didn't like the "drag surveillance" method he was using.

Agreed. It was a stupid thing to do and I've apologized for it.   Roul Duke (Psy) also know who I am.  I've nothing to hide.  Jdillion was not my target. I am not a hacker.

I've explained it.  I'm can't argue with the conspiracy theorists, nor get in to a 100 long page mock "debate" with Goat. 
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:28:13 PM

He did PM the tracking stuff to other people as well.

Seems he had lots of targets.

And I have no problem with him PM'ing tracking pixels to the persons he wishes to track.
I don't really care who his target(s) was(were) or even why he did it.
Kouye

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:38:50 PM

I really don't mind people knowing my ip address either, I even gave it to TF. Grin
But I also like to know when people are trying to acquire it without asking it to me.

So is there any easy way to block and detect those tracking pixels, without blocking all images?
Something like :
When on bitcointalk domain, disable every content loading from other domains, except for the whitelisted ones, and put a visible red cross instead of said content, with a right-click option to whitelist the domain of this blocked content?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

I really don't mind people knowing my ip address either, I even gave it to TF. Grin
But I also like to know when people are trying to acquire it without asking it to me.

So is there any easy way to block and detect those tracking pixels, without blocking all images?
Something like :
When on bitcointalk domain, disable every content loading from other domains, except for the whitelisted ones, and put a visible red cross instead of said content, with a right-click option to whitelist the domain of this blocked content?

Block third-party cookies and images, maybe?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Permissions.default.image

More control may be had by using Adblock or NoScript and writing your own filters.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: