Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which do you prefer anonymous developer/creator or well revealed person?  (Read 567 times)
Sermihal

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:23:22 PM

bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and everyone does not care who the Creator of many just want to earn.I distrust projects in which there are no names or faces, the creators, have to be careful with such projects
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:45:37 PM

I prefer a know and well revealed person in crypto world except for bitcoin in which the group or person built without requesting you to invest in order to buid the work. It is very hard this days to invest in a coin where you do not have a idea of the person behind the idea to avoid being scammed. Knowing the group or person behind a particular project helps you make more research about that project or boost your confidence of the project if after reading about the person or persons involved.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

Satoshi who started the evolution of cryptocurrency is an anonymous creator'/s, but why do people invest in it? It is because of its popularity and early adoption of blockchain technology.

ICO's nowadays needs to be fully tranparent especially for the developers, today's setup is different from the old days, there is so many ico's popping up everyday and we need to have their transparency for supporting the project.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:35:59 PM

Satoshi who started the evolution of cryptocurrency is an anonymous creator'/s, but why do people invest in it? It is because of its popularity and early adoption of blockchain technology.

ICO's nowadays needs to be fully tranparent especially for the developers, today's setup is different from the old days, there is so many ico's popping up everyday and we need to have their transparency for supporting the project.
Satoshi started the evolution without raising any money and that is the main difference from rest of the scam coins and ICO. If someone is creating something innovative and do not want to raise money, they can have the privacy, if their intention is to collect money with just an idea, which is what we are seeing with all the ICO projects, they have to be transparent. None of the set up is different from the old days and satoshi is not the first developer who remained anonymous and he wont be the last.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:10:01 PM

I would prefer "KNOWN" developer since there are so many scam ICO here and take note known manager is not a guarantee that you will not be scam since I was a victim of that so we should read and study the ICO carefully.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:18:03 PM

It a world full of speculations, we will always prefer transparency. We will always want to know the team or the person behind a project so that we can avoid being scam. Knowing them and their background is a huge trust factor. However, there are instances where developers tend to stay anon, especially in terms of security purposes.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:28:37 AM

Lots of ICO are conducting KYC why to know the identity of the investors. But lets reverse it this way on 2 biggest Crypto Bitcoin and Etherium. Bitcoin founder is Satoshi Nakamoto while Ethereum is Vitalik Buterin between these 2, Etherium's creator revealed himself in public and roaming around the globe to raise awareness of his project to community while bitcoins`s founder still remain anonymously but his project dominate`s the market. Wow very hard to choose right?

Many people still fond of bitcoin but they don't know who actually create it. Mean what's were patronizing here is the product and not the person behind it. Logical but that's the fact. Its impossible no one knew who actually made it cause he didn't do it alone.

Now answering my title question on my opinion, I prefer the revealed creator rather than the anonymous guy even though they both have amazing product. Why? cause this will be in history and you don't want to recognize a screen name when that person make an enourmous advancement in technology.

It doesn't matter.

For ICO purposes, of course someone that is verified as a real life person would generate a lot more interest and get a lot more funding in my opinion than an ICO with a team that is completely anonymous. This is because of the risk factors involved in every single ICO, and the ability for the founder to just run away with your funds.

But if it's simply a project that does not have a premine or ICO, one does not need to have a verified team at all. Just like Bitcoin itself, decentralized networks doesn't need a verified founder to run, or even an active one for that sake.

But as I said, if in the strict context of ICOs, then I'd definitely prefer a known, preferably well known public figure in the crypto space.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:37:45 AM

Even revealed person also can give the fake information, right?
I'm on pessimistic but that's the fact because for people especially new investors, it's difficult to verify them.
Just preparing yourself before you decide to invest in ICO !
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:43:12 AM

Even satoshi doesnt show himself on public but still we can really say that he do exist either as a 1 person or a certain group.We do know bitcoin is the first crypto circulates in the market which it would normally gain traction and popularity yet we have seen its usage and total capability when it comes to p2p payments.Anonymous but the project itself can be considered as a success and theres no doubt on that one.If we do talk into altcoin devs which are anonymous then this would already be an another story.
yea, but satoshi is one of the early legend developer. but now situation is totally different. Hundreds of altcoins exsist in the market, fake news everysecond, scammy coins or project everywhere. Will investors still get convinced if the developer is anonymous? ETH and LTC are the second and third coins and we all know their founders.
wangli370404

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

It should be based on personal security, so you can choose to be anonymous. I think that's why.
Rggadi

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:35:15 AM

Understanding who is on the team behind a blockchain project is perhaps the most important step in your due diligence. Even if the premise of the venture and the addressable market seem attractive, one of the biggest determinants of a venture’s success is the makeup of the team behind it.

It is often a red flag if the team behind an ICO does not have any named full-time developers. Additional caution should be taken if none of the leadership team has any domain knowledge in the specific vertical.
dwarfik

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:19:20 PM

It does not matter, anonymous person can scam you, person with published name, LinkedIn etc. can too. Company running a coin can go bankrupt. In each of those occasions, you lose money. How are you going to get your money back from person who does not have any money left? Putting him in prison won't return you the money How are you going to get money from company which went bankrupt and has no money?

Ask yourself - if you founded a coin which has tens or hundreds M USD marketcap and possibly have access to let's say 10% of total supply (for operations, marketing, devs etc.), would you be comfortable walking on street knowing that people know you have millions or tens of millions of USD wealth? There are legit reasons behind some cryptofounders going anonymous and I respect that.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:30:38 PM

It's always better to know the background and capability of the developer be it any time. If you are comparing with Satoshi Nakamoto then it is an exception. Every developer isn't satoshi Nakamoto and they can't be.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
taktik

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:37:49 PM

It's always better to know the background and capability of the developer be it any time. If you are comparing with Satoshi Nakamoto then it is an exception. Every developer isn't satoshi Nakamoto and they can't be.
incorrectly cited the example of satoshi nakamoto, who is an anonymous creator of crypto currency. But nevertheless, you believe that many of you believe in it, so maybe not every anonymous developer is a fraud.
But if you know the authoritative people, then initially those projects in which they participate are quite promising. And this is already talking about the lack of fraud.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:05:58 PM

bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and everyone does not care who the Creator of many just want to earn.I distrust projects in which there are no names or faces, the creators, have to be careful with such projects

Most of the ICO’s has their own details about the team behind the project and I think it can be a big factor for them since investors wants to protect their capital and seeing a great team behind it, can help them decide. When you are investing its good to know the background of the team so you can be confident say that you are with the great team.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:06:52 AM

I found a coin in the market called (btw) Bitwhite, the team behind the project is annonymous and wearing a mask,  but this project has a big community, and as i do a research they are actually following their roadmap, this team is interesting here is the coin info.

https://bitwhite.org
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitwhite
Crypdon

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:27:25 AM

You can't compare bitcoin with ethereum because bitcoin was the original and first to market so it will always be king. There are many scams these days so having a founder that is known to the public will increase confidence in the project.
xiaomianao

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:27:58 AM

I think it's better to say that the creators are better, so that we can have a reliable basis for reinvesting. Anonymous development is exploited by many fake projects and eventually becomes a hoax.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 631

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:36:13 AM

Most of the ICO’s has their own details about the team behind the project and I think it can be a big factor for them since investors wants to protect their capital and seeing a great team behind it, can help them decide. When you are investing its good to know the background of the team so you can be confident say that you are with the great team.
Such a normal thing where projects should really display and let it on public regarding on their project informations and the team behind that one.Transparency is on what most people are looking for and as an investor knowing them would really be part of security or assurance that you wont able to lose up money or getting scammed if those creator or developer do show up their faces.This is what i do prefer compared into anonymous ones.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
maksimukr1989

Activity: 513
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:26:28 PM

I think it does not matter who created bitkoyn. With all due respect to Vitalik Buterin, he is probably not the only one who created ETHEREUM. it doesn't matter who the developer is. the main thing is that the technology itself and cryptocurrency attracted people
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: