Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low GPU prices - should I invest again in mining rigs?  (Read 262 times)
murgorx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:05:16 AM

Hello guys!
Yesterday I just wanted to check how the prices of the GPUs are going and I saw that the RX580s have gone to 350euros per card and the Vegas 56 are under 800. GTX 1080TI's are still holding a strong price around 1k euros.
My question is - should I wait until Nvidia release their new series and wait for even bigger price drop or the new release won't affect the prices much?
Currently 1 Vega according to whattomine is mining around 3$ per day, which is not that bad, considering also the prices are low by a lot.

What do you guys think?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:02:20 AM

It will depend on what type of miner are you.

You can buy now (current cards, that available on the market) and start mining as soon as possible, and take advantage in a few time until new gen cards released. You can optimize that current cards, then upgrade later.

Or

If you believe next gen cards will be better (at prices, efficiency, and other factors) just wait for it.

For me whichever stuff we had, as long as we can optimizing it, better go for it.

Good Luck!
murgorx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:49:10 AM

I am just arguing with myself whether to invest directly or to mine. So far my mining experience has been very fun, educational and interesting in general and I really like it as a hobby, but dunno how it goes in terms of ROI and the dilemma is quite big Cheesy
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:23:18 AM

For hobbies? That's quite good, and you can go for it with fun.  Cheesy

We can only estimate about ROI. In fact, the condition can change it, faster nor slower. Don't forget, besides profit/loss we got another thing, experience. We can't deny, mining (especially GPUs mining) is complex, it would giving us much trouble for solving. But that will make us grow, more skilled, more experienced.
CFI-2018

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 08:25:58 AM

There will always be miners, so why not? Only read the potential of the coins good and watch them closely to be able to get the best out of your investment
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Might be wise to consider the factors involved with your mining environment. Some sample guide questions are as follows:

1. Do you have cheap electricity costs?
2. Could you consider 2nd hand GPUs to lessen the risk?
3. Can you afford to lose the money you invest?
4. Will heat be a problem for your room?
5. Etc.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 11:26:12 AM

No, it's time to wait and see new generation of cards, but there are new Asics coming to destroy decentralization... Better to buy the coin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:34:33 AM

No, it's time to wait and see new generation of cards, but there are new Asics coming to destroy decentralization... Better to buy the coin

I totally agree with you. Mining is waste of time and money in my opinion but we need miners as well too. This is a nice paradigm Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:36:38 AM

Hello guys!
Yesterday I just wanted to check how the prices of the GPUs are going and I saw that the RX580s have gone to 350euros per card and the Vegas 56 are under 800. GTX 1080TI's are still holding a strong price around 1k euros.
My question is - should I wait until Nvidia release their new series and wait for even bigger price drop or the new release won't affect the prices much?
Currently 1 Vega according to whattomine is mining around 3$ per day, which is not that bad, considering also the prices are low by a lot.

What do you guys think?

I think if vega is not too expensive for you, then you can go with vega because I don't really like with Nvidia but it depends on you, maybe you like Nvidia so you can wait until Nvidia release their new series. can I know when Nvidia release their new series and how much the price? I still use RX570 and one rigs with RX560 @6 video cards and I think I will build another rig with 7 cards of RX560 because I don't have a big budget. actually, I want to buy at least RX580 but it still too expensive for me and it's not worth for me.
Greendays

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:55:01 AM

you may GO for it!!!... people hoping for new generation cards.. but in reality,, it is hard to achieve new generation,, when mining was started high end GPU's were used only  by designers and few gamer.. but now GPU's has reached to its top possible hardware configuration. And possibly the GPUs next generation is not possible to come soon. next generation comes after the advancement in new technology. one may get better version of available cards in upcoming days. like you may compare nvidia's 1060 vs 1070 vs 1080... here 1060 has been emerged as a updated version. which is beneficial for best return on investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: