Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No-brainer investment in Poker Pros pays out daily  (Read 1407 times)
obeygiant (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:34:41 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 02:16:44 PM by obeygiant

EDIT:

THIS IS FOR SURE A SCAM. DO NOT GO INTO THIS.

I (almost) fell for a scam (i.e. I am an idiot/sucker). I'm just leaving this post so that I'm reminded about how fucking dumb I am. Luckily we were warned in time.

----

Poker by Proxy (referral link): (there was a link here)

Summary:
1 - Deposit 0.01 BTC or more.
2 - Every day, watch your balance go up or down in a typical [-5%, +5%] range.
3 - Withdraw at any time.

Step (2) above happens as a side-effect of a team of six (?) poker pros hitting online and offline poker tables (or they take it and play satoshi dice, for all we know).

So, I deposited 0.1000 BTC yesterday (Nov 19th).

Today I have 0.1023, due to their "+2.3%" result for Nov 20th. So I got lucky, and it seems to work.

They seem to have a pretty decent results track record, with just 4 losing days out of 20 days this month. The typical loss day looks like "-4%" and the typical win day seems to be around "+2.5%".

They seem to be in operation for about two months now. You can take their full track record and do a simulation, i.e., assume you deposited 1 BTC at the beginning of one of their months, then start multiplying by the percentage increase or decrease. E.g. for a 2.3% increase, multiply by (1.0 + 0.023) and for a 4% decrease, multiply by (1.0 - 0.04).

If they manage to perform exactly as they are now (and don't decide to disappear with the BTCs) this so far seems better than watching stocks go down on CryptoStocks.

Also, if you refer someone and they earn $X in a day, they deposit an additional $X/10 in your account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Malongo

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:58:20 PM

without knowing WHO these "PRO's" are...no option.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:12:53 PM

For anyone wanting to join by the homepage link, without a referral.
https://www.pokerbyproxy.com/
Who is the owner of this site?  Is he/she on bitcointalk?  I am considering investing a few bitcoins.

Edit:  Oh wait, if they are anonymous kids playing with my money... Nevermind.
ni|

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:18:33 PM

seems like a HYIP to me, just with a different theme

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:24:48 PM

I don't think this qualifies as an "investment," even if they use that word on their website. It is giving money so people gamble in a non-house-edge game (or so we are told).
ni|

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:27:03 PM

well thats a first, plus no information what so ever about the PRO players.  Huh

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:32:01 PM

I ordered a withdrawal of 0.05 to see if it actually happens or whether this is just a sophisticated BTC black hole.
ni|

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:36:39 PM

all the best mate , as all other programs, they will payout in the early stages : )

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

all the best mate , as all other programs, they will payout in the early stages : )

Hmmm...

High-Yield Investment Program: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-yield_investment_program

Okay, thinking mode on.

They (claim to) make money by playing Poker, not by the money they get from the "pyramidal" aspect of referral marketing.

I know it is possible to profit from Poker if you are extremely good (to beat the Rake *and* the other players). I have no idea how common that is and how good are the expected daily returns of the "good poker player" population. Hmmm...

Of course, this could be nothing more than a sophisticated scam. Nothing is easier than putting up a web front and even "paying out" early adopters. At some point you just vanish with whatever money/BTC is deposited at the time you decide to vanish.

This would mean the people running this website are basically evil, since, in theory, this is a business model that could work. I'm wondering why nobody has thought of this before. Perhaps there are other sites like this one out there.

I'm wondering whether they choose to remain anonymous since "online gambling" is illegal in the US.
ni|

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:07:43 AM

As you can see other HYIP sites run with the same concept as well.
It's all mostly daily return based, concept may be different but they come in all shapes and sizes.

I am 100% certain its a hyip. PRO poker players would rather make money them self then doing this, also he didn't reveal any names of those PROs. Plus gambling is for fun, not for earning a life. Only gamble what you can afford to lose as in the long run, house always wins.

edit : they have even listed them self on hyip monitors http://www.allhyipmonitors.com/details/pokerbyproxy.com 
http://www.talkgold.com/forum/r399815-.html
http://www.azhyipmonitor.com/hyip_poker_by_proxy.html

and many more

ni|

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:15:51 AM

just another devious scam to trick the naive  Cry

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:18:00 AM

It's all mostly daily return based, concept may be different but they come in all shapes and sizes.

I am 100% certain its a hyip. PRO poker players would rather make money them self then doing this, also he didn't reveal any names of those PROs. Plus gambling is for fun, not for earning a life. Only gamble what you can afford to lose as in the long run, house always wins.

By "HYIP" you mean a thoroughly evil, sophisticated scam. Wow.

Well, live and learn!

I ordered a full withdrawal of my restaurant meal. Let's see if it comes back "in 24 hours." If it doesn't, I'll let you know.

Edit: They just sent in 0.053 and 0.05.  (Edit of Edit: 0.0523)

Well, too many red flags and warnings on this one. What a shame, the concept seems realizable.

Hey, did I just make a one-day profit on a random ponzi scheme? Not bad :-)

Edit: And before I forget, hey board, thanks for the heads-up. One less sucker in the world.
ni|

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:20:04 AM

By "HYIP" you mean a thoroughly evil, sophisticated scam. Wow.

Well, live and learn!

I ordered a full withdrawal of my restaurant meal. Let's see if it comes back "in 24 hours." If it doesn't, I'll let you know.

yes, not sophisticated, its a ponzi, with assorted coverups . lol . Keep us updated.

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

And finally, the final red flag: NO WITHDRAWAL FEES!

No investment scheme EVER *not* charge withdrawal fees! :-)
ni|

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:33:29 AM

Just cashout everything while you still can : )

obeygiant (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:44:16 AM

Just cashout everything while you still can : )

Yup, just did! Thanks!!
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:14:07 AM

For anyone wanting to join by the homepage link, without a referral.
https://www.pokerbyproxy.com/
Who is the owner of this site?  Is he/she on bitcointalk?  I am considering investing a few bitcoins.

Edit:  Oh wait, if they are anonymous kids playing with my money... Nevermind.
HYIP, beware! Could work out if you withdraw early enough, but dont deposit your life savings! Wink
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:02:07 AM

they say they have the best poker team in the world. such a lie, lol.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:02:19 AM

You should edit your first post, before more people fall for the scam. (although they have not scammed YET, it's very likely that they will once they have enough invested money)
ni|

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:50:35 AM

Once they reach their ROI + profits, site will be gone.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: