Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] WTS 5 Avalon ASIC bitcoin miners with total of 340GH/sec  (Read 1976 times)
Tehfiend (OP)

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:44:12 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 09:41:11 PM by Tehfiend

I need to make room for some Jupiters that will hopefully be arriving soon and noticed how much Avalon's were selling for on E-Bay so decided to put them up for sale. I will consider any offers and give 10% discount if purchased outside of E-Bay with buyer paying escrow fees if required.

• 3 x 60GH/s Avalon Mini's SOLD
  • 2 x 80GH/s Avalon Batch #2's SOLD
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:56:00 PM

You used the same link twice Smiley

80GH  http://www.ebay.com/itm/181265807720

Tehfiend (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:04:22 PM

You used the same link twice Smiley

80GH  http://www.ebay.com/itm/181265807720

Oops, thanks!
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 01:31:24 AM

I need to make room for some Jupiters that will hopefully be arriving soon and noticed how much Avalon's were selling for on E-Bay so decided to put them up for sale. I will consider any offers and give 10% discount if purchased outside of E-Bay with buyer paying escrow fees if required.

hmm, i personally would never have accepted an offer from someone with 1 feedback, esp on bitcoin hardware
Tehfiend (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:20:45 PM

hmm, i personally would never have accepted an offer from someone with 1 feedback, esp on bitcoin hardware

Yeah I agree, I have been going through E-Bay/Paypal's seller protection policy to see how things might go wrong. I guess my biggest risk would be if they claimed I sent something other than the miner and returned some junk.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:32:28 PM

Ive sold some USB miners on ebay and Ive gotten a couple claims against me because it "doesn't work as expected" someone was crying about hardware errors. NO kidding you have hardware errors, its part of mining. Do some research, upgrade your hardware and get back to me lol
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:44:26 PM

Yeah I agree, I have been going through E-Bay/Paypal's seller protection policy to see how things might go wrong. I guess my biggest risk would be if they claimed I sent something other than the miner and returned some junk.
Or you have a buyer that files a case, and when they loose they chargeback. I sold 25 singles on ebay, and 2 people took this route. Just as a suggestion- ship USPS with restricted delivery. Makes sure only the person whos name is on the box signs for it.
Tehfiend (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:48:56 PM

Ive sold some USB miners on ebay and Ive gotten a couple claims against me because it "doesn't work as expected" someone was crying about hardware errors. NO kidding you have hardware errors, its part of mining. Do some research, upgrade your hardware and get back to me lol
What was the result of those claims?

Or you have a buyer that files a case, and when they loose they chargeback. I sold 25 singles on ebay, and 2 people took this route. Just as a suggestion- ship USPS with restricted delivery. Makes sure only the person whos name is on the box signs for it.

What exactly was the claim they filed and what was the result? I am using FedEx with mandatory signature which according to their "Seller Protection" should cover me but now I'm starting to get nervous while packing up my babies.
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:01:46 PM

What exactly was the claim they filed and what was the result? I am using FedEx with mandatory signature which according to their "Seller Protection" should cover me but now I'm starting to get nervous while packing up my babies.

Those claims are still in effect. But they put a hold on paypal funds until the "claim" is cleared. And if its like my case, the guy is taking 6 days to respond to any message i send. So its been about 18 days so far... Just anarchy.

People need to educate themselves before buying something. IMHO

The Exact text of the Claim was "This item doesn't match the description in your listing."
He's complaining that there are hardware errors when mining. Its not the erupter. Its the combination of the HUB hes using, the mining client, and power provided to BE.

So his lack of knowledge means he wants a refund.

To which I am fighting and is currently at a stand still... Awaiting his response.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:23:56 PM

He filed a "item was not received as claimed" because I did not include the BFL PSU... that I never stated was included. Then when he lost the case he filed a chargback. So I had the funds, then locked by paypal for the ebay case, unlocked, then locked again for the chargeback.
Gilboa

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:54:38 PM

Tehfiend I'm still around if anything falls through on ebay.  Cheesy Best of luck.

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

Willing to buy, but not for ebay prices! Pm me if you want to sell asap! :-)

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:07:45 AM

ebay buyer can hash with it for 7, days, then return it for finding a not documented scratch on it. dangerous.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

Well, I've got a buddy that works at Paypal & he's told me before that he'd never sell anything on eBay...

Even sending stuff w/ signature required isn't proof enough to defeat a well-thought out chargeback attempt

I asked him if I could take a video of the entire process, of showing that the item worked, packaging it up, taking it to UPS, and then having them ship it out.... and Paypal doesn't take video evidence, hoho.

Anyone can chargeback on basis of not receiving the item they paid for, regardless of whether or not you required signature.  In a case like this, I suppose paypal will 'make' them send it back to you, but maybe after 2 or 3 weeks and it's worth a lot less?

(most people probably don't even realize how easy it is to still win chargebacks even w/ adult signature required)    if, say, you use a bank debit card, you could also go to your bank and chargeback like that, saying it was fraudulently used.  if it's not something you've made a habit of, they'll reverse it immediately.   re:  I've had to do one bank chargeback and I've had the same bank for about 8 years now..  so they processed it w/ essentially no questions asked.. oh.. when that happens, paypal takes it back from you also

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:09:52 AM

Well, I've got a buddy that works at Paypal & he's told me before that he'd never sell anything on eBay...

Even sending stuff w/ signature required isn't proof enough to defeat a well-thought out chargeback attempt

I asked him if I could take a video of the entire process, of showing that the item worked, packaging it up, taking it to UPS, and then having them ship it out.... and Paypal doesn't take video evidence, hoho.

Anyone can chargeback on basis of not receiving the item they paid for, regardless of whether or not you required signature.  In a case like this, I suppose paypal will 'make' them send it back to you, but maybe after 2 or 3 weeks and it's worth a lot less?

(most people probably don't even realize how easy it is to still win chargebacks even w/ adult signature required)    if, say, you use a bank debit card, you could also go to your bank and chargeback like that, saying it was fraudulently used.  if it's not something you've made a habit of, they'll reverse it immediately.   re:  I've had to do one bank chargeback and I've had the same bank for about 8 years now..  so they processed it w/ essentially no questions asked.. oh.. when that happens, paypal takes it back from you also

When I had my bank do a charge back for BFL orders it was actually easier then dealing with PP directly. They asked what was up, I told them I had attempted many times to get a refund from PP and BFL. The charge back was processed within minutes, I never once heard back from PP about it and my account was not affected at all. I didnt even have to provide a single shred of proof that I attempted to contact either company. Shit, the charge was even out of the window that they usually will do a refund and even that was not a problem.

I could see this being a HUGE risk if I was a seller. That combined with the fees eBay and PP charge I have been keeping away from selling anything via either company since.

I wish you the best of luck with your auctions and considering so many people still sell miners on eBay you should be okay, I just would hate to hear another horror story.
Tehfiend (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

For the 10% fee E-Bay takes I'm hoping their "seller protection" is legit which is in addition to PayPal's "seller protection". I guess I will find out!

Thanks for the offers but all miners have now been sold at listed price. The demand is insane! One guy even paid via cash deposit at my bank with no escrow after his PayPal payment was flagged so no hold on funds or E-Bay fees for that sale Cheesy.  Now I guess I wait and see if I get scammed on the other 4...
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:58:34 PM

For the 10% fee E-Bay takes I'm hoping their "seller protection" is legit which is in addition to PayPal's "seller protection". I guess I will find out!
Thanks for the offers but all miners have now been sold at listed price. The demand is insane! One guy even paid via cash deposit at my bank with no escrow after his PayPal payment was flagged so no hold on funds or E-Bay fees for that sale Cheesy.  Now I guess I wait and see if I get scammed on the other 4...

Nice! Good luck bud! Keep us updated I would love to hear the progress.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:48:02 AM

yup, wanna sell my aging avalons soon (can't believe it's outdated in less than 6 months :O )

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Tehfiend (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:15:05 PM

As a reference for those interested, I managed to sell all 5 miners for the listed asking price and had no problems with scammers as all money has now been released by PayPal and transferred to my bank account. One guy who had issues with PayPal even paid via cash deposit with no escrow so I managed to avoid E-Bay fees on one sale Cheesy.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:48:01 AM

come back in 90days n say if you got any returned or not..thanks Smiley

As a reference for those interested, I managed to sell all 5 miners for the listed asking price and had no problems with scammers as all money has now been released by PayPal and transferred to my bank account. One guy who had issues with PayPal even paid via cash deposit with no escrow so I managed to avoid E-Bay fees on one sale Cheesy.

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: