Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:19:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: As within, so without  (Read 528 times)
AntRenteria (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:48:28 PM

There are a lot of things happening in the world today that are beneficial to the society as a whole and there are also happenings that are beneficial only to an individual.
Now my Question is this. Where do we see bitcoin in the next 5-10 years?
If it were to be taken over by the wrong person, could the effects be devastating?
Although still in its "adolescent" stage. These are questions we must ask ourselves.
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:53:29 PM

I think that either Bitcoin is very big in 5-10 years, or another digital curerency like LTC is. Also, I don't find it very likely for someone to "take over" Bitcoins.
AntRenteria (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:23:35 PM

I think that either Bitcoin is very big in 5-10 years, or another digital curerency like LTC is. Also, I don't find it very likely for someone to "take over" Bitcoins.

Oh really??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341940.0

Read through that and tell me is unlikely that bitcoins wont be taken over. Bit coin is "no longer an open payments system, but rather a restricted, locked down platform with central control in the form of the current certificate authority structure, blacklisting of Bitcoins, reversing transactions and much more." (from the url above.)

Its almost ignorant (Im not calling YOU ignorant, just your idea) to think that bitcoin has some sort of "force field" against someone buying it out. haha Wink
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:33:42 PM

Litecoin is the most distributed network and least likely to be taken over.

I call it the Communist version of Bitcoin, because they made sure those capitalist pigs couldn't make ASICs to concentrate the supply of coin production into the hands of the few!

Litecoin keeps the printing press in the hands of the many and mining on a level playing field.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:34:48 PM

Scrypt asics coming early in 2014 by the way.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:35:32 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Scrypt algorithm used in Litecoin was designed to use large amounts of expensive memory to keep them uneconomical to produce.
Did the price of memory suddenly go down or the price of Litecoin go up? Wink

hellfrozenow

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:40:19 PM

Will be funny when finally capitalist pigs make Litecoin ASICs and concentrate the supply of coin production into the hands of the few!

But those who hold stacks of Litecoins will choose different reason  Cheesy
gracesfall

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

Litecoin is the most distributed network and least likely to be taken over.

I call it the Communist version of Bitcoin, because they made sure those capitalist pigs couldn't make ASICs to concentrate the supply of coin production into the hands of the few!

Litecoin keeps the printing press in the hands of the many and mining on a level playing field.

This is one of the "many" who can't wrap her head around how to mine LTC. Since the diff is so low, I wanted to mine off my PC. I've dl a couple of different mining clients but am too much of a dunce to configure it...sigh...
Siigari

Activity: 45
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:52:52 PM

I have to admit I'm slightly nervous about the prospect of ASICs for scrypt.

I have a good setup with my GPUs Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: