Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I stand behind Matthew.  (Read 7498 times)
Anonymous

August 03, 2011, 09:53:30 PM

Matthew is one of the most passionate and qualified businessmen in this community. I've personally shared life stories with the gentleman and he has a lot on his plate at the moment -- more than one could usually handle -- but I am confident he is going to bring a lot of value to Bitcoin as a whole.

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 09:54:40 PM

+1
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 09:58:29 PM

Matthew is one of the most passionate and qualified businessmen in this community. I've personally shared life stories with the gentleman and he has a lot on his plate at the moment -- more than one could usually handle -- but I am confident he is going to bring a lot of value to Bitcoin as a whole.

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

Have you donated to his investigation then?

Actions speak louder...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 10:10:49 PM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

And Bruce endorsed Mybitcoin.com. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

Still around.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:14:11 PM

Tell me your life story
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:14:28 PM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

Actions speak louder...
Didn't he cease the investigation because of people like yourself?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:15:44 PM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

And Bruce endorsed Mybitcoin.com. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

Good point and I like Bruce and think he is legit. So if someone legit can mislead others then what's to stop someone who has no "spotlight" reputation from doing something malicious.

Does Matthew have a show he does every weekday in which he discusses certain topics of importance that may give him more credibility.

If he wants to do an investigation that's great, but asking for donations with no obvious track-record and responding to non-sense-time-consuming comments constantly shows me he is not doing an investigation that he claims to be.

I sure hope he catches the guy who ran mybitcoin.com.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:17:13 PM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

Actions speak louder...
Didn't he cease the investigation because of people like yourself?

Why/how would I I be able to make him stop the investigation if he truly had good intentions?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:19:14 PM

who is Matthew? why everybody talking about him?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:22:12 PM

who is Matthew? why everybody talking about him?

He is the founder of "UABB" and has launched an investigation into the matters surrounding the mybitcoin.com incident.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:24:30 PM

Me too.  Keep doing what you do, Matt!
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:35:41 PM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.
The sarcasm is thick in that post.
Johnny Pizza

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:38:26 PM

No one gives a shit what you think Atlas. This guy is a sleazy con artist and should be rejected by this community immediately.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:44:53 PM

i have not been around for about a week, could someone explain further or direct me to where there is an explanation.

TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 10:56:36 PM

No one gives a shit what you think Atlas. This guy is a sleazy con artist and should be rejected by this community immediately.
What makes him guilty?
ffuentes

Activity: 70

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 11:01:40 PM

Most people saying that Matthew is a scammer, few or nobody saying what he did.

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 11:05:36 PM

What makes him guilty?

Read up on all the threads concerning the UABB, solicitations for funding of his organization and his requests for personal information of the victims of the mybitcoin scandal so he could personally conduct an "investigation". Also, look into his past here in this forum when he was Bitmole that confirms his pattern of deceit. Ill post thread links in a bit.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

I believe people shouting accusations of scammer are referring to the allegations here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34016.msg425508#msg425508

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 12:58:04 AM

For the record, it is users like BillX and a handful of others who have jumped to conclusions and called me a scammer, put words in my mouth, and completely misjudged me on my intentions based on arguably poor decisions on my part. The rest are accurately debating my positions, viewpoints etc as a means of deciding whether my organization could be of use to the community. This kind of discussion is healthy and I would encourage it. I would also encourage more people to hold off on their judgement until the startup has a chance to actually prove itself. The UABB is not Matthew Wright, and Matthew Wright is not the UABB. The sooner people realize that, the sooner it will be clear how off base many of the community is in this witch hunt.

The thing that matters the most is that when someone makes a mistake, they are willing to correct it. The UABB is going to be a useful tool for everyone I believe. I hardly see how my own personality has anything to do with that (which seems to be the absolute selling point for most as to why I'm a "scammer"), but if it could be proven by the community that my personality were the only thing standing between the UABB and total acceptance from the community as a viable tool (which by the way is quite pathetic IMHO), I would gladly step down and hand the keys to someone else more 'qualified'.

I did not come to Bitcoin to steal money from people and post my name. I came to Bitcoin to be useful, and went about it all wrong. Now as I'm dusting myself off and focusing more on the workload and less on the PR and explaining everything about myself to everyone and their grandma, I'd appreciate the hazing to at least cool down until my supposed 'scam' actually attempts to 'scam' someone?

Also, about the UABB-- I have read a lot of comments with negative feelings about the existence of a UABB, as it could cause a problem in the community by contributing to a centralization problem. I'm listening to these arguments very closely and will take action accordingly. I will no longer be responding to questions of "Why r u such a douche" or "How come you haven't faxed me your diploma and social security card yet!" from sensationalist members.

Matthew N. Wright

P.S. Don't rag on Atlas for starting this thread. I certainly didn't ask him too, but I think threads like these are important at LEAST to counteract the onslaught of ignorant, misguided "everything under the sun is a scam" threads.

Hey, Matt. Before I head over to see what's happening on the thread and poll I started on UABB, I need to ask you something. Can you fax me over your birth certificate? One more thing. Did you wear that same tie yesterday? And one last thing. Don't forget the Purina Wolf Chow. I have a feel you're going need it to feed the pack.

Otherwise:

tasarz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:04:12 AM

Matthew- I posted this as a response to you on the newbies forum, but since you don't seem to be getting back to me and I've since been allowed to join the ranks of the full board, I'll post it here.

-You have three separate websites for three different organizations, two of which are entirely non-functioning.  You claim to be doing all the coding by hand, but as a CS major, setting up a website shouldn't take more than a few hours.  Even less if you use something like Wordpress.  You seem to have dummy companies listed, with no actual websites linked and no way to register.  In short, your website offers nothing of substance.  I could write a functioning website like yours in a few hours, and yet you've had weeks to develop nothing but a shell.

-Your contact information has nothing- no phone numbers, no bios or pictures of you or your associates.  Ironically, this is more similar to shady operations like MyBitCoin than the BBB.  You mention having 30+ members of your team, but not a single person other than you has ever made a public post.  How are you paying these 30 members?  And if you do have these associates, why is the person in charge building the webpage?  What exactly are these other members doing?

-You have a failed track record with regards to your preparatory school.  Why did it go under?  What got you interested in the business?

-And most importantly, you are making grandiose claims with no supporting achievements.  At first, you explicitly requested funds for an 'international investigation' into Mybitcoin.  Then you backed off the funding requests, but said you had everything under control.  Now, you're claiming that you may have to leave the investigation to us 'unwashed masses.'  Is this what we can expect from your many organizations- 3 days of spamming the forums, then backing off with no results?

Reading a post from a few weeks ago, it seems that you got into a very public 8-page dispute with another member of the forum, which led to you having to take out a loan of 1 BTC to pay someone for services you requested.  Throughout that thread, you insulted other members' and moderators' intelligence, reading and writing abilities.  Why did you buy someone's services when you had no way to pay him?  Furthermore, you mentioned buying 128 graphics cards for mining- another business scheme, it seems.  Can you provide any proof that this mining rig is up and running, or is this another idea of yours with no follow-through?

My advice to you, if you are a legitimate businessman, is: put your money where your mouth is.  Stop posting so much, and get back to the community when you actually have something to offer other than empty promises.  Someone doing what you're trying to accomplish needs to have an aura of being above the fray, and right now you don't seem to be that person.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: