Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I stand behind Matthew.  (Read 7498 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:50:03 AM

For the record, it is users like BillX and a handful of others who have jumped to conclusions and called me a scammer, put words in my mouth, and completely misjudged me on my intentions based on arguably poor decisions on my part.

Are you going to cry about what you know is not true or are you going to GO and DO what you said you were going to do and stop wasting time responding to comments that are only a waste of your time?

I would also encourage more people to hold off on their judgement until the startup has a chance to actually prove itself.

I would also hold off on asking for DONATIONS until the UABB has built a track record of at least a year of good community service as well.

The UABB is not Matthew Wright, and Matthew Wright is not the UABB. The sooner people realize that, the sooner it will be clear how off base many of the community is in this witch hunt.

Please explain to us all who is UABB and who runs UABB and what UABB is about and who benefits directly from UABB. Please...

The thing that matters the most is that when someone makes a mistake, they are willing to correct it.

Did you correct the whole artwork for 1 BTC issue? Or are you going to sweep that under the rug too?

The UABB is going to be a useful tool for everyone I believe.

Please list how it will be a useful tool for everyone. You must have some ideas.

I hardly see how my own personality has anything to do with that (which seems to be the absolute selling point for most as to why I'm a "scammer"), but if it could be proven by the community that my personality were the only thing standing between the UABB and total acceptance from the community as a viable tool (which by the way is quite pathetic IMHO), I would gladly step down and hand the keys to someone else more 'qualified'.

You forget that no one elected or ask for you do take an actions to create the UABB. So if we look at it as a half-baked organization that could potentially scam people then forgive us for being too cautious and in the meantime spend your time more wisely building up a reputation as opposed to talking yourself to a good reputation. Actions speak louder.

I did not come to Bitcoin to steal money from people and post my name. I came to Bitcoin to be useful, and went about it all wrong. Now as I'm dusting myself off and focusing more on the workload and less on the PR and explaining everything about myself to everyone and their grandma, I'd appreciate the hazing to at least cool down until my supposed 'scam' actually attempts to 'scam' someone?

Like I said earlier, stop crying about people's comments and go DO what you said you are going to do and don't be asking for donations until you at least build up your reputation in the community's eyes.

Also, about the UABB-- I have read a lot of comments with negative feelings about the existence of a UABB, as it could cause a problem in the community by contributing to a centralization problem. I'm listening to these arguments very closely and will take action accordingly. I will no longer be responding to questions of "Why r u such a douche" or "How come you haven't faxed me your diploma and social security card yet!" from sensationalist members.

Please add "stop crying about every comment that disagrees with my start-up organization asking for donations or just plainly disagrees with you completely until further notice" to your list.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geek-trader

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:53:11 AM

No one gives a shit what you think Atlas. This guy is a sleazy con artist and should be rejected by this community immediately.

You know, you keep posting this in every thread about Matthew.  And you may be right.  But I'll be dammed if I'm going to take advice from the guy who made a thread that was nothing but the word "nigger" over and over again.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:54:33 AM

Matthew- I posted this as a response to you on the newbies forum, but since you don't seem to be getting back to me and I've since been allowed to join the ranks of the full board, I'll post it here.

-You have three separate websites for three different organizations, two of which are entirely non-functioning.  You claim to be doing all the coding by hand, but as a CS major, setting up a website shouldn't take more than a few hours.  Even less if you use something like Wordpress.  You seem to have dummy companies listed, with no actual websites linked and no way to register.  In short, your website offers nothing of substance.  I could write a functioning website like yours in a few hours, and yet you've had weeks to develop nothing but a shell.

-Your contact information has nothing- no phone numbers, no bios or pictures of you or your associates.  Ironically, this is more similar to shady operations like MyBitCoin than the BBB.  You mention having 30+ members of your team, but not a single person other than you has ever made a public post.  How are you paying these 30 members?  And if you do have these associates, why is the person in charge building the webpage?  What exactly are these other members doing?

-You have a failed track record with regards to your preparatory school.  Why did it go under?  What got you interested in the business?

-And most importantly, you are making grandiose claims with no supporting achievements.  At first, you explicitly requested funds for an 'international investigation' into Mybitcoin.  Then you backed off the funding requests, but said you had everything under control.  Now, you're claiming that you may have to leave the investigation to us 'unwashed masses.'  Is this what we can expect from your many organizations- 3 days of spamming the forums, then backing off with no results?

Reading a post from a few weeks ago, it seems that you got into a very public 8-page dispute with another member of the forum, which led to you having to take out a loan of 1 BTC to pay someone for services you requested.  Throughout that thread, you insulted other members' and moderators' intelligence, reading and writing abilities.  Why did you buy someone's services when you had no way to pay him?  Furthermore, you mentioned buying 128 graphics cards for mining- another business scheme, it seems.  Can you provide any proof that this mining rig is up and running, or is this another idea of yours with no follow-through?

My advice to you, if you are a legitimate businessman, is: put your money where your mouth is.  Stop posting so much, and get back to the community when you actually have something to offer other than empty promises.  Someone doing what you're trying to accomplish needs to have an aura of being above the fray, and right now you don't seem to be that person.

Well said... +1

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:00:30 AM

There's plenty of other threads this statement could have been posted in. Take your pick instead of cluttering up the forums with these useless threads.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:07:26 AM

Matthew- I posted this as a response to you on the newbies forum, but since you don't seem to be getting back to me and I've since been allowed to join the ranks of the full board, I'll post it here.

-You have three separate websites for three different organizations, two of which are entirely non-functioning.  You claim to be doing all the coding by hand, but as a CS major, setting up a website shouldn't take more than a few hours.  Even less if you use something like Wordpress.  You seem to have dummy companies listed, with no actual websites linked and no way to register.  In short, your website offers nothing of substance.  I could write a functioning website like yours in a few hours, and yet you've had weeks to develop nothing but a shell.

-Your contact information has nothing- no phone numbers, no bios or pictures of you or your associates.  Ironically, this is more similar to shady operations like MyBitCoin than the BBB.  You mention having 30+ members of your team, but not a single person other than you has ever made a public post.  How are you paying these 30 members?  And if you do have these associates, why is the person in charge building the webpage?  What exactly are these other members doing?

-You have a failed track record with regards to your preparatory school.  Why did it go under?  What got you interested in the business?

-And most importantly, you are making grandiose claims with no supporting achievements.  At first, you explicitly requested funds for an 'international investigation' into Mybitcoin.  Then you backed off the funding requests, but said you had everything under control.  Now, you're claiming that you may have to leave the investigation to us 'unwashed masses.'  Is this what we can expect from your many organizations- 3 days of spamming the forums, then backing off with no results?

Reading a post from a few weeks ago, it seems that you got into a very public 8-page dispute with another member of the forum, which led to you having to take out a loan of 1 BTC to pay someone for services you requested.  Throughout that thread, you insulted other members' and moderators' intelligence, reading and writing abilities.  Why did you buy someone's services when you had no way to pay him?  Furthermore, you mentioned buying 128 graphics cards for mining- another business scheme, it seems.  Can you provide any proof that this mining rig is up and running, or is this another idea of yours with no follow-through?

My advice to you, if you are a legitimate businessman, is: put your money where your mouth is.  Stop posting so much, and get back to the community when you actually have something to offer other than empty promises.  Someone doing what you're trying to accomplish needs to have an aura of being above the fray, and right now you don't seem to be that person.

+1000
Exactly, While I dont believe you are a scammer Matt I do think you are "for the mmoment" type of person, Hopefully you prove me wrong and follow through with the mybitcoin investigation, This will gain a huge amount of trust for you from the community if you pull this off, and prove your not just all talk.
bitbot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:19:19 AM

OP:
are you standing behind matthew with his pants down?

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 02:28:35 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 06:55:38 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

OP:

Lucky you didn't say "standing in front of Matthew with his pants down" for that would of pissed off other members on this forum.

(This is not the monkey and gerbil post you're looking for) 5-7-12
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:33:58 AM

He has my reverence.

Godspeed.

(Religious language in an odd context like that always make me think of nigerian scammers... Tongue)

I'm glad Matthew made some effort to provide a little more info about the operation on the 'about us' page when I prompted him to yesterday,
but I think he could have gone further.  

For the type of operation he's proposing, he probably should have waited until it was actually registered with it's non profit status in either the US or South Korea as he mentions they are doing.

I think his UABB idea has potential , even if it only involves a subset of the merchant community.  The UABB does need significant transparency and trust do do this though.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
tasarz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:13:26 AM

Thank you for replying to my post.  I don't have an interest in giving you the fifth degree, but my suspicions were raised when I looked at your international school http://www.edustem.com/mwright.kr/our_campuses.php and foundation webpage http://mwrightinternational.com/ and found a pattern very similar to your UABB pages.  The framework is there, there are talks of great accomplishments ($100,000 donors, 99.99% of American colleges taking international students without TOEFL), but all the actual evidence of real achievements (i.e. the alumni pages, curriculum, PTA, etc) are suspiciously blank.  You list a bunch of accreditations, but then say that they don't actually apply to your school.  Perhaps you took down those parts of the webpages, but you decided to keep other parts (dress code, bus scheduling) functional?  There isn't even a single picture of your school, or a classroom, on the school's website.  A google search also reveals nobody claiming to be an alumnus from your school- no teachers, newspaper articles about your success in waiving the TOEFL requirements, no mention of American schools who partnered with you to provide the rationale you're claiming.  In fact, the only information about your school (which you claim ran for three years even though your webpage shows that opened in 2009 and wasn't updated after August of that year) comes from your own links.  You have to admit that seems a little suspicious.

When I said you had dummy companies, I was referring to your 'ratings' page http://uabb.org/ratings.php.  You have 14 pages of 'businesses' with no URLs that are currently awaiting accreditation.  The names of these 'businesses' are clearly usernames that you've taken from some forum.  Do any of these businesses actually exist?

It's customary for a small business to provide a little information about who they are.  If you only have a handful of executives, it shouldn't be too hard for them to provide an email address, picture, and brief bio.  After all, you're in the business of transparency, aren't you?

I hope this doesn't come off as a personal attack.  I've spent my entire life surrounded by 'idea men' who could talk endlessly about their dreams, and yet never followed through.  You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical when I run into another.
BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:51:27 AM

Again, this is not even the website. This is a backup I saved on a completely random domain for prosperity. I don't know why it's publicly indexed to be honest. The original site mwicps.or.kr expired long ago and was never renewed as I knew I was not going to be doing the school for another year.

Any other lies you want to tell us tonight Matt?

Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 05:17:43 AM

NOBODY needs a spokesmen if they give a shit.

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
BillX

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:18:40 AM

Any other lies you want to tell us tonight Matt?
Since I doubt the site you used (which advertises as only caching the 6 most popular TLDs) would have a record on a foreign TLD (although a Korean website might), you might want to try the alias domain for mwicps.or.kr, which was mwright.kr, and then later changed to mwicps.or.kr.

I am happy that you're so interested in my past BillX. I had no idea you were so enthusiastic about international education or business in Korea. And all this time I had just pegged you as being a troll.  Roll Eyes

Now, why did I think you were going to say that www.domaintools.com (try it for yourself) can not find and list Korean domains, which it can. Take a look at jmb.or.kr for The Korean Society for Microbiology and Biotechnology which uses the same *.or.kr as your non existent site.

Xephan

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:34:22 AM

OP:

The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was "Good for him, it's definitely safer than standing in front of Matthew" Wink
BillX

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:36:07 AM

No, I'm "investigating" like you said your bs companies were going to do.
Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:36:23 AM

Mr Wright... is this you?

Xephan

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:41:48 AM

I answered this question just a moment ago in the previous post. I refuse to use wordpress.

It's not entirely clear why is that so, care to explain further?
Xephan

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:50:33 AM

I answered this question just a moment ago in the previous post. I refuse to use wordpress.
It's not entirely clear why is that so, care to explain further?

Why won't I use wordpress? Personally I find it extremely unprofessional. I also don't trust templates. I am skilled enough to make the website from scratch. That's not the question. It's just the time it takes me is getting to be a concern.

There's Drupal, it's known to be technically superior.

Both of which are widely scrutinized code. If you don't trust other people's templates, it shouldn't take you that long to cook up your own templates. Certainly much faster than you coding up a proper backend from scratch. If time is a real concern, you shouldn't be reinventing the wheel.
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:06:47 AM

No, I'm "investigating" like you said your bs companies were going to do.

Doing a rather better job, though.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:09:28 AM

Mr Wright... is this you?

Nice guitar!

Is that a yes, or a no?  Grin

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:14:14 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2011, 06:34:57 AM by Jack of Diamonds

BillX and tasarz are doing valuable work which nobody else seems to care enough about (rather focusing on posting juvenile image macros).

There are huge, gaping holes in your story as explained on page 2. Everything points towards one big constructed fake past by a skilled sociopath.
Delusions of grandeur, excessive excuses, imaginary employees and organizations, attempts at manipulation, all the possible textbook classic signs are there. Maybe even all of it is a lie.

Of course, on a gut feeling basis only. (Which I would, though, bet my *life* on in this case)
For now I don't have the time or resources that the two gentlemen above do to prove anything on paper. Maybe, and most likely, they do.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: