Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:27:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin Boycotts CoinDesk’s Consensus Conference 2018  (Read 136 times)
orangetax (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

Yes! You read that right. Co - founder of ethereum has boycotted coindesk's consensus conference. He made series of tweets to show why and he meant business. Read about all this tweets on our news website.

Read the full news here : https://coinfrenzy.io/vitalik-buterin-boycotts-coindesk-consensus-conference/
chillitabit

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:58:24 AM

Yes! You read that right. Co - founder of ethereum has boycotted coindesk's consensus conference. He made series of tweets to show why and he meant business. Read about all this tweets on our news website.

Read the full news here : https://coinfrenzy.io/vitalik-buterin-boycotts-coindesk-consensus-conference/

he got the point, basically coindesk is just like any traditional medium out there who is trying to feed people with sensations in order to sell instead of proper journalism...
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:03:06 PM

we need to boycott Vitalik Buterin and his shitty creation Ethereum. it keeps bringing up new embarrassment after new embarrassment. this time in its core with smart contracts and ERC20 tokens bug that this platform had.
exchanges had to suspend every operation again! Grin

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/04/25/ethereum-smart-contract-integer-overflow/

There is a FOMO brewing...
loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:36:40 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 12:48:56 PM by loicuagio1979

I hate Buterin. His ethereum blockchain has given birth to uncountable tokens which most of them are scammers. I lost some of my money for buying 3 scam projects basing on Erc 20, erc 223 or something like that
I wanna boycott that chap though his intelligence and talent  has been undoubtedly confirmed.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:56:17 PM

he got the point, basically coindesk is just like any traditional medium out there who is trying to feed people with sensations in order to sell instead of proper journalism...

Vitalin Buterin is a genius, he is not an idiot and he is right not to attend and boycott the coindesks consensus conference this year. Coindesk was rumored to have been publishing FUD and fake news, gossips without evidence. I cannot blame Vitalik since he himself have witnessed how the fake news was very rampant in coindesk. This statement of Vitalik may bring a negative impact on the site and will lessen their readers.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:56:55 PM

Well, Vitalik has a point in his tweet. And he has also a sense of responsibility in not supporting with his presence players who are not playing clean by the rules.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:08:56 PM

Both reasons that he's given seem pretty valid in my opinion.
A supposedly 'reputable' news website should really not engage in giveaway scams and certainly not publish fake news.

Coindesk has always been a little bit too over-sensational for me. There are better crypto news websites.

Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:12:51 PM

im in definite agreement with him , one of the major issues about the crypo world right now is the total lack of accountability, coin desk should definitely have been more careful given the influence they will have on the "regular person" who looks to these sites to try and find an investment , having a direct link to a giveaway scam  is definitely a bad situation and could cost people literally all their money and as such more care and due diligence needs to be taken because whether they like it or not a number of people actually go there to get information (do their due diligence) so they have a responsibility to ensure that their information is factual and safe for the average man because if they don't then people will simply stop visiting so its in their best interest to learn from what Buterin has said .More care is needed in caring for and protecting this ecosystem , and these occurrences is what they will use in the future to bolster their claim that centralization and monitoring is necessary in the future so we definitely need to play our individual parts so it does not come to that. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: