Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:46:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO protect yourself from Scammers  (Read 3926 times)
Alamin0954

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:16:42 AM

I can protect it by for not talking on strangers in social media or other website. And protect my wallet using hardware. And you need to be knowledgeable
luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 07:27:47 AM

By strickly researching about their what going to do,because now many of those scammer was pretending a staff of one ico and they ask for money,im sure  you will know if scammer was came to you its just was horrible.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:28:44 AM

it's easy for you to scam if you're offered to invest or pay for a profit making sure that the info is good for you who offers you just not to believe and if you can ask any friends you know for not being threatened

We can prevent scum against the scummer by keeping our bitcoin account independent of giving your private key to anyone so that you do not rob a btc and so they can not transact your account thereby avoiding the scum of your account scummer.
duc4487

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

i think it is very simple,you don't believ anyone on telegram and stranger,you don't give you wallet for anyone,if you buy ICO you only buy on the website of this ICO,no admin pm you with hight bonus,when you click strange link,you have to stop,with me you don't give your money for any stranger
Considered

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:56:00 AM

Scammers are the most creative personalities around they will go along way to get those coins from you and when they do, the sad part of it is that you might never get the back ever,, you therefore have to be very cautious on who you dealing with . who you trust with your private information. avoid phishing sites as much as possible, avoid responding to promising and lucrative offers on social media. keep your wallet key safe, and do not expose it to anyone whatsoever

Saveralll

Activity: 365

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:11:06 AM

By strickly researching about their what going to do,because now many of those scammer was pretending a staff of one ico and they ask for money,im sure  you will know if scammer was came to you its just was horrible.
if we know what the scammer will do then we do not have to laboriously secure our wallets because we already know. and how can we know what a scammer will do with us ?. we will never know when a scammer will steal the bitcoin from our wallet. so we must always be ready for alert and careful that scammers do not steal our bitcoin just like that,
Shenlong bay

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:11:22 AM

To protect yourself from scammers you need to be careful and do not just trust the people you do not know or even know you because when money can easily make a sin.
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:16:37 AM

if we know what the scammer will do then we do not have to laboriously secure our wallets because we already know. and how can we know what a scammer will do with us ?. we will never know when a scammer will steal the bitcoin from our wallet. so we must always be ready for alert and careful that scammers do not steal our bitcoin just like that,

All we need to know is what scammers always do to scam other people because if you aware about their doing you can avoid to be victim by scam.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:21:10 AM

In my years of experience with bitcoin there is only one effective way to avoid scammers. In joining ICO even if you do your research you will not know that they are scammers until the ICO is over. Even if how many preparations we do or make in the end we still end up being a victim to scammers. The best way to avoid scammers is to no invest your bitcoins. Just hold it in your wallet and hold it for a long time and when the price is right you can sell them and you will have a good profit.

I am also a victim of a scammers for a very long time I've been scam here for a lot of times and neither one of them I do not have figure out that they are scammers because they are really as normal as what a normal icos are and they are really hard to know it you will be scammed or not. So for me it is just a matter of luck  because you always join an ico that you never knew in the first place it is like going to a war alone. Even if you check it much more if they are great scammers they will be successful.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

In my years of experience with bitcoin there is only one effective way to avoid scammers. In joining ICO even if you do your research you will not know that they are scammers until the ICO is over. Even if how many preparations we do or make in the end we still end up being a victim to scammers. The best way to avoid scammers is to no invest your bitcoins. Just hold it in your wallet and hold it for a long time and when the price is right you can sell them and you will have a good profit.
What youre imposing here is for long term investors but what about those making a living by joining ico,investing in projects?this is what OP is addressing for them to avoid being a victim of this scammers

To OP you have lots of experiences and knowledge about this damn scammers,hoping that this post and advices my lead to lessen the poor victim ,and may they knowledgeable upon this bad doings
Airdropeur

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:26:41 AM

never use your private address
gelaskopi

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:52:25 AM

Type 4: Identity theft scammers - These guys will contact you as CEOs of ICOs or Social celebrities, usually banking upon the names of a famous person
How to protect yourself: Try pinging them from an another ID of theirs (say if scammer pinged you from Telegram, drop them a message over their facebook ID) and ask them to check that message. This would work as a Two-Factor-Authentication for that personality.
I often meet this types and maybe such types are very common, and many have experienced them. They claimed to be on the team side, and offered to donate to their wallet address. This is usually on telegram. But I don't do anything, because from any point, this is obviously a hoax, a fake, a scam. So I just ignore these things.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
ruiwu8187

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:56:28 AM

save our  key
samjen18

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:57:33 AM

I can protect my self by keeping my private key in a safe place and I'm not making a transacton in an anonymous person for me to avoid scam or hacker
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

That is so easy to answer. Being knowledgeable will be the main factor to avoid those scammer. Scammers tend to victimize all ignorance when it comes to this field.
If you are knowledgeable about cryptocurrency and bitcoin you can really avoid all the scammers, and then do not trust anyone especially the people who have negative background. In addition to that, do not share your password and private to anybody so that you can avoid all scammers on online.
cruz06

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:23:10 AM

How to Protect Yourself From Scammers?

There are some rules to get rid or protect yourself from scammers:

1. Don’t buy or invest in something that seems too good to be true.
   Many coins are rising, there are cryptocurrencies everywhere. We can't stop it. But one thing we should do to avoid getting scammed is that don't believe and invest so easily. Because remember, scammers are everywhere.

2. Protect your confidential informations.
   As we all know, many sites in the internet needs an information about you. Your age, birthday, location and etc. Don't ever post it there because who knows that it's just a scam. And they can use it against you or use it to make crime and you are the one who will be blamed after, because it is your information. Be wise.

3. Don't make hasty decision.
   Don't be caught too easily even though the offer seems to be worth to buy or to invest. Make sure that it is legit and it is not a scam. Scammers are wise. Think twice before you click.

4. Make researches.
   To get rid of scammers or to not get scammed is you need to research a lot of articles and news. Because reading and watching those things will help you secure your information, make you a better person to fight scammers and protect yourself from them.
mourinho hala 98

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

Just simple for me, don't trust anyone. always reading content to avoid the scammer. Never download anything. Have a backup minimal at 3 places
nakamita

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:52:33 AM

Thank you very detailed analysis of these situations for me
You understand that it is something that many people desire
evseeva

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:54:27 AM

You should use your head while evaluating any project or offer. If you are completely new to crypto, I will suggest you to invest only in top 10 coins  based on coinmarketcap.
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 10:04:06 AM

Thanks, You have shared almost all the clues to identify the scammer. I am caught a scammer one time. The Scammer is added to coinmarketcap before finished their ICO and the price was so high in the exchange than ICO rate. After seeing this I got foolish and invested to that ICO. That was my first ICO. so sad happening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: