Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The worth of Mining vs. Investing  (Read 406 times)
muogue (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:47:47 AM

Hey,

So I recently hopped onto the BTC train and am assuming that I'm too late to begin mining. The reason why is simply because all of the high end miners are all purchased and all orders are assumed to be delayed. Delaying a shipment means a delaying in earning BTC through mining. So with that I'll guess that it's too late to start mining. What do you guys think of investing in these mining companies instead? I think it might be a better idea for newbies since we don't have the mining experience/funds to pick up high end miners and play against companies built solely around mining BTC. What kind of companies do you guys think is a better investment and why? Would be awesome if some people responded.
albinosincave

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:54:02 AM

I think to be honest some of the 'cloud' mining sites are okay, but they have their pros and cons. a well known site that rent GH/s are currently pricing a GH/s at about 35 dollar, kinda steep but you instantly start mining. You can also liquidate the GH/s for bitcoin. That of course all depends on price of BTC when you cash out.

And the company owns all the hardware at the end of the day, and they dont announce how much they have, meaning they could slap 1TH on the market to sway GH/s prices.

Im still learning too man. Its just read, research and repeat.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:00:05 AM

What kind of companies do you guys think is a better investment and why? Would be awesome if some people responded.

The next big sector to emerge will be the altcoins. Do your research and pick a coin that you think will beat Bitcoin. Then get enough to buy two pizzas and hold on for the ride.

The infamous pizza thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0
CoderniX

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:08:57 AM

I'd just say invest, then you can mine at ease!

I've bought and sold for $1 against 1BTC, simply because I was a victim of FUD, then found out I was scammed by the CNBC propaganda, and after that I bought for $200 and I see it now jumping to $600!

It's just uncertain what will happen next, and what do we know for sure, is that the more coins are found and the more time advances, the less they'll be mined, and I don't know how that would affect the BTC value :/

The problem here is when the coins are deemed insufficient for the world use, are they going to be just created to fill in the demand and be exposed to the paper money inflation phenomenon or not??

I can't and neither one can predict what would happen next, but it seems like it's gonna raise more very soon, so it's better to start investing from now on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: