Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Personal Coinbase Rating Is A F  (Read 2129 times)
marketorder (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:23:57 AM

I've heard allot of horror stories about them filling orders on future rates and not the current rate agreed upon on the day of purchase. I've heard about there terrible customer service. I decided to give it a try despite all the negative reviews about this company. The signup process was relatively easy and fast, adding a bank account was hassle free and fast, verifying my email address was fast! Now here's where I had allot of problems Verifying My Identity!!! Now I've opened brokerage accounts with major financial institutions and I never had any issues and verified the same day. Coinbase asks the same questions when verifying, the difference is it's impossible to get verified with Coinbase!

The questions they asked me where what was my exact address on this street and it's a address I lived at when I was 17 I'm now 36! They only give you a very short period of time to answer. On my third try I answered everything 100% correct I pushed submit mind you I had 4 mins left to complete the form. After I pressed submit it took forever to load the next screen when the next screen loaded it was a page of there most recent Facebook or Twitter posts and it had a link to the main page!!!! The site f-ing crashed when after several days of trying I entered the right info!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what when I went back to try again since the site crashed I had to wait another 24 f-ing hours!!!!!!!!!

I think they should manually extract my questions before it crashed and manually approve me since I had so much trouble. I'm willing to fly or  drive to them and hand them my ID and a blood sample so they can check my DNA!

I also emailed them several days ago about a question and no response! You get millions of dollars in funding and you can't hire 30 people to answer support emails or pay a company in India to answer support emails for $1000 a month?

I give this company a F a total failure in my opinion! I doubt they would respond to this message since they virtually have zero support for there customers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:35:02 AM

totally agree.

I placed an order for 1 BTC just to try out, and they send me an email 2 days later saying they cancelled the order, because "it appears to be high risk".
Then, at the end of that same email, they said "You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks".

So basically what they meant was: we caught you trying to scam us, or use someone else's account. BUT, keep trying in a few weeks, and we might not caught it all the time, so one might actually go thru.

I have all the bank account, identity, etc, all verified. The real reason behind this might be b/c the BTC price have moved against their favor, or they would rather keep the diff and thus cancelled my order.

VERY shady!
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:06:59 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 04:52:52 AM by BitDreams

I've been with them since early spring. I am content because I've been able to accumulate bitcoin using the service. For someone needing an instant coin fix, maybe localbitcoins is the answer. I mentioned bitcoin to a couple of people. Edit: - using other services - One had trouble getting confirmation of money he sent and the other had a credit card purchase rejected. I told them both coinbase and that is where they are now able to start doing business.

I poked a little fun with a tweet at Coinbase that they didn't respond to if it makes you feel any better.

http://t.co/PXxbMvZArM
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:29:50 AM

I've been with them since early spring. I am content because I've been able to accumulate bitcoin using the service. For someone needing an instant coin fix, maybe localbitcoins is the answer. I mentioned bitcoin to a couple of people. One had trouble getting confirmation of money he sent and the other had a credit card purchase rejected. I told them both coinbase and that is where they are now able to start doing business.

I poked a little fun with a tweet at Coinbase that they didn't respond to if it makes you feel any better.

http://t.co/PXxbMvZArM
Apparently you got "lucky". That's the word their customer service use. They said if I keep trying, I might get "lucky" and the transaction might go through.....
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:24:37 PM

DO NOT USE COINBASE!

I put in an order to buy at $530 two days ago and today I get the high risk email, even though I have done all the verifications!

Bunch of thieves!
bronco1769

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:09:44 PM

I placed an order on Friday for 4 bitcoins at $426 and grew worried that I would not receive them this morning (their due date) after reading all the stories of "high-risk" transactions that might have been a result to the dramatic rise in bitcoin prices.

I was very pleased, however, to find my exact order fulfilled as promised this morning. While its easy to say that they do these "high risk" cancellations when prices rise, I don't think there is enough publicity about successful transactions. All we hear about are the ones that are canceled so it makes it appear as though they ONLY "high risk cancel" when prices rise, whereas it could actually only be a small number of instances.

Just my two cents. I can completely imagine how pissed off I would be if I had not received the coins this morning, but it would probably be wrong to say that they do this to everyone.
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 02:29:53 AM

Olaf from Coinbase here. I'm sorry for the trouble you all have been experiencing! Email support and let us know you want these transactions pushed through - we manually review cancellations upon request. Thanks for your patience with this.
marketorder (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:38:21 AM

I just successfully verified my Identity! Ok I verified a Visa debit card is that considered verifying a credit card?
almostmike

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:51:04 PM

Olaf from Coinbase here. I'm sorry for the trouble you all have been experiencing! Email support and let us know you want these transactions pushed through - we manually review cancellations upon request. Thanks for your patience with this.

I've been requesting that support do this in my situation, but support has ignored it and sent me a boilerplate response that I've seen on Reddit, suggesting that they didn't even read my email. And that was after waiting a whole week for a response. So I politely emailed again and received another boilerplate response after about a week, once again suggesting that Rees didn't even read my email.

I used to be the biggest Coinbase supporter. Help us here. Olaf, if you are honest, please help us.

What do we have to do to get our situations resolved?  Sad
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:06:43 PM

Same here. Hope will be sorted out somehow

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:58:02 AM

I placed an order on Friday for 4 bitcoins at $426 and grew worried that I would not receive them this morning (their due date) after reading all the stories of "high-risk" transactions that might have been a result to the dramatic rise in bitcoin prices.

I was very pleased, however, to find my exact order fulfilled as promised this morning. While its easy to say that they do these "high risk" cancellations when prices rise, I don't think there is enough publicity about successful transactions. All we hear about are the ones that are canceled so it makes it appear as though they ONLY "high risk cancel" when prices rise, whereas it could actually only be a small number of instances.

Just my two cents. I can completely imagine how pissed off I would be if I had not received the coins this morning, but it would probably be wrong to say that they do this to everyone.

Yep, vocal minority always makes it look like the sky is falling.
axilla

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:36:34 PM

Lies... 2 months and waiting on this since the price was $180.. you fucking piece of shit.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:20:26 AM

i'm curious about the instant buy option. If you buy 10 btc and they credit your coinbase in minutes do they cancel your bank transactions even if they gave you 10 btc first?

AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:30:45 AM

Instant buy has been disabled.

No reason to buy at Coinbase anymore ... if there ever was one.  Angry
technomancer

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:37:24 AM

Terrible customer support.
No answer emails. 3 days past.
I sold my coins at nov 25th and system told me your money will send nov 29th friday, today still pending and no one answered my emails. That is it, no more coinbase. I can pay little more and will use other services.
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:01:56 AM

I can pay little more and will use other services.

Who are other services? The options for buying and selling Bitcoin are few and far. The delay obviously does not inspire confidence in their service but everyone wants to take a little break this time around of the year.

Investing with style!

technomancer

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:20:37 AM

I can pay little more and will use other services.

Who are other services? The options for buying and selling Bitcoin are few and far. The delay obviously does not inspire confidence in their service but everyone wants to take a little break this time around of the year.

campbx ?
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:35:10 AM

You can do a little research on the forum and see it yourself whom you will love to go for.

Investing with style!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: