Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we still early adopters? Or did that pass after 2010/2011?  (Read 21619 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:56:21 AM

People say we missed the train... but yet most people don't understand what bitcoins are let alone even know about it, and its still in it's early stage. Some say it has potential to increase in value 1000x more... but some say that will never happen. So do you guys think people who invest now are still the "early adopters"? Why can't I ever be a part of explosive gains?? Sad

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:02:03 AM

We are definately early on. Actually bitcoin is still geeky even among geeks and some mainstream coverage every now and then haven't changed that.
JakeGold

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:08:43 AM

I think we're only just leaving the "Innovators" phase ATM. Once mining is out of the general public's hands we'll be in the "Early Adopter" stage.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:18:37 AM

Nice chart but are you sure buddy? It looks like we're finishing the early majority phase and going down hill for a while Cry

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:20:49 AM

We won't know for a while I think. Technically speaking, I'd say early adopter still at this time.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:33:26 AM

There are less than a million people who own significant amounts of Bitcoins (i.e more than equivalent of $500 in BTCs). If we talk about an extreme-bull scenario, then we can expect more than 1 billion people owning Bitcoins (may be by 2030). So that makes all of us "inovators".
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:38:13 AM

"early" is relative.
To other bitcoin people, someone from 2013 is late to the game.
To the rest of the world, we are early adopters...
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:41:31 AM

There are less than a million people who own significant amounts of Bitcoins (i.e more than equivalent of $500 in BTCs).

Do you have a reference for that number? It looks way pumped to me.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:44:37 AM

There are less than a million people who own significant amounts of Bitcoins (i.e more than equivalent of $500 in BTCs).

Do you have a reference for that number? It looks way pumped to me.

Just a wild guess... Read somewhere that there are some 3 million BTC wallets.. Calculated based on that. 0.1 million to 1 million might be an accurate range?
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:45:31 AM

I think we're only just leaving the "Innovators" phase ATM. Once mining is out of the general public's hands we'll be in the "Early Adopter" stage.

agreed, still very early.. maybe we're in 1996-1997 in terms of the internet. bitcoin is not going to be as ubiquitous as the internet though. what i like about bitcoin is that most of us are regular nobody/joes.. so it has a grassroots feeling.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:48:08 AM

1 Bitcoin = $10,000.00 USD in about 5 years. Maybe less. (Maybe more.)

maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:09:19 AM

We are still amongst the early adopters I think but that phase is slowly ending

bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:17:57 AM

One can only hope that we are still very early.  I saw bitcoins for the first time when they were at 50 dollars each.  I wanted to invest but didn't... Now I bought my first coins a few days ago Cheesy

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:19:35 AM

Either exiting innovators moving into early adopters
Or exiting early adopters and transitioning into early majority over the next year or two

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Mondy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:55:32 AM

Early adopters!

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:01:45 AM

Nice chart but are you sure buddy? It looks like we're finishing the early majority phase and going down hill for a while Cry
This chart is about the number of people involved in the technology, not about the Bitcoin price.
While Bitcoin may fail before reaching early majority, you can be sure it hasn't reached it yet.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 09:20:53 AM

One can only hope that we are still very early.  I saw bitcoins for the first time when they were at 50 dollars each.  I wanted to invest but didn't... Now I bought my first coins a few days ago Cheesy

If purchased at ~$900 USD, in about two weeks, or more, you'll recognize a positive ROI.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:25:46 AM

I see us at the low end of the Innovators curve.  There are 7 billion people on the planet and while Bitcoin has some press exposure, there are essentially no users yet.  Even if a tiny island somewhere adopted Bitcoin, the value would shoot over $10000 instantly.  As for what would happen if a particular industry or a large economy started using Bitcoin, I'd get repetitive strain injury from typing zeroes.
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:31:31 AM

early as i said

Xavanthi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:37:21 AM

I think it's impossible to tell what stage we're at. Face it guys, we all know where we want to see BTC going, but nobody knows for sure what the future will bring... If I do have to put BTC somewhere on that graph, I'd say we're nearing the end of 'innovators'. We're there because BTC is getting media attention and new people (not just geeks Wink) are gradually joining in. These new people often don't have a full grasp of the whole BTC concept though, so to put us in 'early adopter'-phase, I'd say we need some more general awareness of what BTC actually is and how it works, not just knowing it exists and investing because people smell easy money (which it not really is anymore, one coin has become too expensive for that...).

So in my opinion, the only way is up and you're still really early if you join in now. Where this will end (if it ever ends, let's hope it doesn't) is impossible to tell though. One coin might we worth 10k in a few years, it could very well be worth peanuts in a few months. Rollercoaster ride baby! Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: