Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason why medium is suspending all bounty Hunters accounts  (Read 877 times)
thesmallgod (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:45:32 PM

I just discover that medium no longer wants bounty hunters on their platform again. many bounty-related accounts have been suspended lately and today I check their rules and I found out they have added this to their rule.

BruceJu

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:51:00 PM

Why do these social media do not like cryptocurrencies? The first is Facebook, then Twitter, and now the Medium, they have all taken drastic measures to limit the publication of ICO content articles.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 03:51:56 PM

Why do these social media do not like cryptocurrencies? The first is Facebook, then Twitter, and now the Medium, they have all taken drastic measures to limit the publication of ICO content articles.

Yeah it's an interesting trend. I didn't think much would come out of FB/Twitter/Google but Medium is often used for crypto content so this is pretty bad news.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:03:00 PM

Because they care about their platform, lets take this thing to consider. How if that ICO we promote turn out as a scam project ? how if that ICO stole all your invested money and run away, they help promoting even just as a hosting. So they want to prevent bad thing happend by not even let any ICO get promoted at their platform. But this is only my opinion, you still can see a official ICO medium page though even the bounty campaign related channel at that project being suspended.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:06:16 PM

Because they care about their platform, lets take this thing to consider. How if that ICO we promote turn out as a scam project ? how if that ICO stole all your invested money and run away, they help promoting even just as a hosting. So they want to prevent bad thing happend by not even let any ICO get promoted at their platform. But this is only my opinion, you still can see a official ICO medium page though even the bounty campaign related channel at that project being suspended.

Yes they're just playing it safe and don't want scam on their platform, so it makes sense from their pov
ekowkow

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

JUST HODL !

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:06:45 PM

I have seen many suspended medium accounts, the average account is about cryptocurrency.
however, I also have a medium account and its content is full of cryptocurrency, until now my account is still usable and safe with no problems at all, and also many other accounts.
so we can not conclude that account suspended because medium cryptocurrency, there must be other factors.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

I just discover that medium no longer wants bounty hunters on their platform again. many bounty-related accounts have been suspended lately and today I check their rules and I found out they have added this to their rule.

I guess their government has asked them to do this. The first is facebook, twitter and now the medium. All social networking sites now ban ICO. And it is very difficult to promote the ICO.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:09:34 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ySDbWu6.png

I guess their government has asked them to do this. The first is facebook, twitter and now the medium. All social networking sites now ban ICO. And it is very difficult to promote the ICO.

Yes I wonder what the next site will be that bans ICO and crypto ads. I think Medium was one of the most important ones though.
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:11:01 PM

I have seen many suspended medium accounts, the average account is about cryptocurrency.
however, I also have a medium account and its content is full of cryptocurrency, until now my account is still usable and safe with no problems at all, and also many other accounts.
so we can not conclude that account suspended because medium cryptocurrency, there must be other factors.
Medium published ban on ICO and cryptocurrency advertisments at the same tine as google. You've just missed it. So if you post about how good is blockchain technology and etc. you are perfectly fine. But if you post somethng like "buy this ICO token for 10x gains" your account will be suspended. The same thing may happen to you on YouTube nowadays.
markalis

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:12:27 PM

because I see many bounty articles in the medium that present the same information but in different languages, even many who use a translator machine just to follow the bounty

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:28:54 PM

Let's face it, content or comments made by bounty hunters isn't the best quality, rather just regular spam with no value. Of course there are exceptions, sometimes very creative people take part in bounty campaigns, but they are minority. So this rules are understandable, Medium team is trying to keep the quality high on the platform.

I think better place for crypto bounty content is now Steemit, since more and more projects are making social campaigns on this platform.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

because I see many bounty articles in the medium that present the same information but in different languages, even many who use a translator machine just to follow the bounty

Sadly, it is true. Sometimes, the main purpose of those articles are just so they can earn their stakes in the medium bounty campaign. Some even resorts to plagiarism and or they just copy paste a portion of other people's work. In my opinion, medium made a very good decision because this will lessen the spam in their site. I also believe that medium is a platform in where well-written articles that aims to INFORM the public such as informative announcements or articles coming from he dev team of legit ICO teams should be posted.  It is not a place to advertise a company or a business. I
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 06:44:04 PM

Is this for real? Can you give me a link to these terms and conditions? Seems unreal to me, that they would explicitly put "bounty campaigns" in their rules, because that seems like discrimination to me. Oh well, another day passes with everyone against crypto, but mind this, we will have the last laugh, I am sure of that. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:49:28 PM

FYI: I still see sponsored posts related to ICOs in Facebook. It has been going on for a month now. I think it's bullshit, nobody will reject money. Also in Twitter I still see some ads.

Maybe in Medium, they will enforce a ban because they don't benefit from it at all.

tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

It will be good for the quality of the medium platform, bounty campaigns should be designed in such a way that they should not allow spamming and flooding, i personally think that is counter productive and does more harm to the campaign than benefit.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:53:45 PM

Because of the spams and copy pasting contents on the medium just to participate these bounty campaigns,you shouldnt be using these platforms instead create your own website and there you can put all of your writings if you are into translations,or anything related to your bounties so that you wont lose everything that you have.

topchiiy86

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:56:39 PM

First Facebook, then Twitter and Google and now Medium Sad. Looks like they have united against bounty hunters. I still continue to participate in facebook and twitter bounty campaigns, and I can't imagine that it can be closed one day. Maybe ICOs will find another platforms for advertising their projects.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

That's how we are losing options to get some coins without investing initial fiat but hard works. Twitter, Facebook, Medium everyone seems don't want the crypto hunters. Still, you can use them, just don't overdo anything. For example, do not use your account only for clapping crypto article. Instead, write something better for the community, limit your clapping, give time and read before clapping, medium is very intelligent to optimize its users. This should keep your account safe on the platform.
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:27:33 PM

Because the bounty hunters are doing shitty copy pasting to the whole platform,like what we have know in this forum!that is why you are going to get less platforms that you are going to use.Spams has lessen here that is why the merit system was implemented to this forum, as far as i can see restrictions could open some good opportunity in the mraket.

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

Because crypto is a threat.  One of the main principles behind crypto in general is decentralization.  This is a threat to their business models.  Privacy is trending now and anything that lets you hold on to more of your data is deadly to them.  If Facebook didn't track so many points of data they wouldn't have anything to sell to corporations, governments or other entities.  Regular people aren't their customers, it's the people that buy your data.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: