Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:32:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safebit is looking for investments...  (Read 3172 times)
NetTecture

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 10:54:09 AM

Your development budget is way off. I could hire people here on the spot for about 1000 euro a month - happens you should look into countries with a better income structure for you than maybe the US (I moved to poland some years ago). Also 3 months won't hold and even then at the current state of the economy I fear this is not going to be a significant income maker for quite some time - pretty much based on the number of people using bitcoins.

That said, I am intrigued by the project. I like it. Make sure it is a job well done.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:48:40 PM

and I would really like to have a full time Python developer, that would be around $50-$60k for 6 months as well.
In Latvia you can hire full time professional Python programmer with good English for about $800-$1000/month, for 6 month it would cost not more than $6k.
Eli (OP)

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:25:56 PM

and I would really like to have a full time Python developer, that would be around $50-$60k for 6 months as well.
In Latvia you can hire full time professional Python programmer with good English for about $800-$1000/month, for 6 month it would cost not more than $6k.

Do you have access to such developers?
If I can get 1-2 guys that will be accessible to start development, I could ask for a lot less in the initial investment.

If that's true, I'd be more than willing to hire them when the time comes.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 03:31:17 PM

No taxes, insurance and overhead etc? Here in The Netherlands it costs almost double one's salary to employ someone...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
NetTecture

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

In my pricing that was already included Wink Add another couple of hundred for work environment and you are set.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 04:48:13 PM

No taxes, insurance and overhead etc? Here in The Netherlands it costs almost double one's salary to employ someone...
In Latvia add about 1/3 to salary to know the real employment cost.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:34:44 PM

The design of that client and the slides are beautiful. Really nice work, looks very professional.
TYDIRocks

Activity: 213

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:04:38 PM

Always supported you with this...until I saw that you are going to charge :\ I still support you but I would seriously think about the charging part...I could just put all my funds on a wallet that isn't connected to the internet at all and never on an OS easily to secure my stuff.

Import new address/private keys with ease: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101161
Eli (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 02:06:33 PM

Always supported you with this...until I saw that you are going to charge :\ I still support you but I would seriously think about the charging part...I could just put all my funds on a wallet that isn't connected to the internet at all and never on an OS easily to secure my stuff.

Charging will be only for additional services that are not necessary for regular day-to-day use by regular users.

Additionally, most of the services will have a free version that will be enough for regular users, it's called freemium business model, think Dropbox that provides 2gb for free, and if you need more than that you need to start paying.

Again: Safebit is and always will be free and open-source. Users will not be required to pay for anything just to use the software (sending/receiving and securing their coins). Ever.

Safebit is FREE.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 10:39:00 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 01:47:30 PM by alan2here

I can imagine a simple interface to do all sorts of things in one place, for example this series of actions.

Add an existing Britcoin account with "Britcoin", [username], [password] information.
Add a new MTGox account with "MTGox", [desired username]. [desired password].
Add a new Tradehill account with "Tradehill" where the username and password are presumed to be the same as a global one you log onto Safebit with.

Add £5 to the Britcoin wallet you just associated with your Safebit account, would presumably involve getting shown the text from there description from there website which involves internet banking and direct transfers of money. So you then presumably have to go and do that sort of thing sepratly still, but at least there would be one "go all" place to find out how.

Transfer £2 from the Britcoin account you have just created to MTGox.

Buy £2 of bitcoins with MTGox that end up in your MTGox wallet at the market price.

etc... (could also include other things like bitcoin banks as possible entites, although obviously they have different avalible options if you add accounts on them)

At every step of the way, every time there is any being charged fees for anything you get informed with an "are you sure" before it happens.

You could supply a decent miner as well, one that looks at all the available hardware on your computer that can compute and lists it, with recommended items ticked. There could be a pool chooser with a good default option so all you have to do is click mine, then you get an estimated time for however many bitcoins.

edit: You could have "offline wallet" as an addable option as well to the "user assets list".

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:55:57 PM

I can imagine a simple interface to do all sorts of things in one place, for example this series of actions.

Add an existing Britcoin account with "Britcoin", [username], [password] information.
Add a new MTGox account with "MTGox", [desired username]. [desired password].
Add a new Tradehill account with "Tradehill" where the username and password are presumed to be the same as a global one you log onto Safebit with.

Add £5 to the Britcoin wallet you just associated with your Safebit account, would presumably involve getting shown the text from there description from there website which involves internet banking and direct transfers of money. So you then presumably have to go and do that sort of thing sepratly still, but at least there would be one "go all" place to find out how.

Transfer £2 from the Britcoin account you have just created to MTGox.

Buy £2 of bitcoins with MTGox that end up in your MTGox wallet at the market price.

etc... (could also include other things like bitcoin banks as possible entites, although obviously they have different avalible options if you add accounts on them)

At every step of the way, every time there is any being charged fees for anything you get informed with an "are you sure" before it happens.

You could supply a decent miner as well, one that looks at all the available hardware on your computer that can compute and lists it, with recommended items ticked. There could be a pool chooser with a good default option so all you have to do is click mine, then you get an estimated time for however many bitcoins.

Like add-ons for browsers? That would be cool. Someone writes an add-on for their sportsbetting site, etc.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:54:45 PM

I think it would have to be hard coded into Safebit.

I soo want this sort of interface to be in it. I would definitely use it.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Eli (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:37:02 PM

I think it would have to be hard coded into Safebit.

I soo want this sort of interface to be in it. I would definitely use it.

Not mentioned here, but this is also a reply to your recommendations/wish list.

Safebit is designed to be extendable, meaning that people will be able to create add-ons to the application without me (or whoever eventually running Safebit) needing to be involved.

Like TTBit suggested, it will be something like browser addons. And technically it would be done in the same way, using Javascript and HTML5 (the most popular languages used by developers to date).

I'm happy to hear that you guys are waiting for these kind of features, and these features are planned to be implemented inside Safebit when it launches.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: