Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MYETHERWALLET safe now.?  (Read 301 times)
Maldini07 (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:02:12 PM

hy .. i am myetherwallet user, so far i always use MEW to store ethereum and all my token but due to the news of the MEW dns hijacked issue i am stop using it.
is now myetherwallet safe to use?
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:41:25 PM

Make sure you use the official MEW site and keep link on favourites so you know site is legit. Do not under any circumstances give out you MEW private key.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:11:53 PM

MEW said yes, it is safe as long as you are visiting the correct site (see post on twitter).
I suggest you to type the URL manually plus don't forget to check the ssl in the URL bar, you should see the green MyEtherWallet Inc [US] in there.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:25:15 PM

MEW team has confirmed on their official twitter that we can use MEW now but to check SSL/domain before putting our credentials.
But I'm very skeptical where security matters, so I will wait 1-2 days more before I start using MEW again. I have also installed METAMASk, because I heard its better to use MM to login with MEW.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:41:36 PM

hy .. i am myetherwallet user, so far i always use MEW to store ethereum and all my token but due to the news of the MEW dns hijacked issue i am stop using it.

When the time signing up to the MEW wallet, you can find the tokens in etherscan.io explorer itself with the ethereum public address but many people doing mistakes like accessing the wallet with the private key all the time mate.

I do not access the wallet while VPN software is being in on mode. You may find the DNS issue as news has been leaked mate.
MEW is always safe according to me bro.
[Frederick]

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:47:14 PM

MEW said yes, it is safe as long as you are visiting the correct site (see post on twitter).
I suggest you to type the URL manually plus don't forget to check the ssl in the URL bar, you should see the green MyEtherWallet Inc [US] in there.
https://i.imgur.com/6nQWBjx.png

please use this info when opening your wallet, as per advice don't forget to check the US word on it because on phishing site it doesn't have this one, and if you want to check your token status just create your folio, for you not to open and putting your private key very often.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:15:40 PM

Typing might lead to typo error which may turn out one of the phishing sites, so I think it's best to a folder to bookmark vital links like above and finally check the SSL in the URL bar. Whenever withdrawing, ensure to confirm the address couple of times before finally approving the transaction.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

please use this info when opening your wallet, as per advice don't forget to check the US word on it because on phishing site it doesn't have this one, and if you want to check your token status just create your folio, for you not to open and putting your private key very often.
Checking out balance into your wallets which do have tokens,You can simply view into these sites:

etherscan.io
ethplorer.io/

If you just checking out then there no really need to input the keys. Ive been waiting a word from MEW team if its already totally safe before using the site once again.Basing on the image above you should always look up with that SSL if you do tend to visit the site.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Maldini07 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:39:36 AM

https://i.imgur.com/6nQWBjx.png

Checking out balance into your wallets which do have tokens,You can simply view into these sites:

etherscan.io
ethplorer.io/

If you just checking out then there no really need to input the keys. Ive been waiting a word from MEW team if its already totally safe before using the site once again.Basing on the image above you should always look up with that SSL if you do tend to visit the site.
oke, thanks for your info all. now I do not hesitate to access my MEW account again and I will always pay attention to check the SSL in the URL bar was correct as shown image above
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:28:35 AM

Yes, they are facing the problem by clicking the link without checking them properly, we have to check twice the links before otherwise, you will lose all the money reside in your wallet. Check carefully whether it is linked with Myetherwallet in green colour.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:04:06 AM

No I think it is still not safe to use Myetherwallet until now but if you want to take risks and really wanted to withdraw your coin from MEW then make sure you are using the correct website and just be careful where you are putting the coin in.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:52:21 AM

Use bookmarks to access MEW, with bookmarks phising web will not happen and your altcoin investment will be safe from hackers.

Make your MEW account safe with yourself, the MEW will not be responsible if your altcoin is stolen. Keep in mind before accessing MEW the original site will have a picture key on the top left.
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

for now it's still not safe, lots of people are logged in and their accounts on the plow. There have been many victims, so for now do not login if you do not want your money. it's the best choice we now have.
Lehbane

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

My wallet is safe until now, don't open your wallet too much, view them if you made purchase or reward on your campaign is being distributed if nor, keep only your wallet and continue doing your business, in this process it will keep you safe too.
wildan-nizar

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:59:53 PM

it is true for yesterday there was an issue that MEW has been hacked, but I think MEW will fix and make MEW safe again for use
snowlei52189

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:20:38 PM

Is not absolutely safe, my money was stolen by hackers! In order to insurance, also need to think of some other way.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:01:04 PM

Typing might lead to typo error which may turn out one of the phishing sites, so I think it's best to a folder to bookmark vital links like above and finally check the SSL in the URL bar. Whenever withdrawing, ensure to confirm the address couple of times before finally approving the transaction.
That's possible, but it doesn't really matter anyway. Regardless of what method you use to open MEW, as long as you double checked the URL and the SSL certificate, you can distinguish the phishing sites and avoid them.

Maldini07, since you're satisfied already with the answers you got, it would be better if you will lock this thread. Just scroll down and you'll see the lock topic link in the bottom left part of the page.
Maldini07 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:56:48 AM

Maldini07, since you're satisfied already with the answers you got, it would be better if you will lock this thread. Just scroll down and you'll see the lock topic link in the bottom left part of the page.
okay ,, thanks for your advice, I've got the answer I want and for that I will close this topic.
once again thanks to all members who have responded, suggestions and answers to this question
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: