Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: BFL 50/60 GH Singles and/or KNC Saturn/Jupiter  (Read 668 times)
Kelekin (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:40:20 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 08:26:44 AM by Kelekin

Hi all! Trying to get into the mining game for fun and I'm interested in purchasing a couple miners to do so.  Obviously the KNCs are a bit more in demand and BFLs are at the point of no ROI but I need to start somewhere.  I am willing to pay $1200 for the 50 GH, and up to $1500 for the 60 GH.  I would be paying via paypal or escrow.  Shipping would be to Canada - if you're in the United States, UPS is the best option.

Thanks so much!

Dan

EDIT: Here are some links to my feedback:

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/kelekin
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Feedback&User=Kelekin
http://gametz.com/user/Kelekin.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kelekin (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:50:09 AM

Prices updated!
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:00:04 AM

Paypal. LOL.
Kelekin (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:25:54 AM

Paypal. LOL.

I'm not really sure why this is a big deal.  I've bought all my other mining equipment for bitcoin as well as scrypt mining through paypal purchases.  Some guy told me that paypal somehow means scam, which makes no sense, because if I sent bitcoin to some random person on this forum and they didn't send the items, what would I do?

I have no problem doing escrow either - but my point is I am not sending someone I don't know a currency they can scam me of. 
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:57:50 AM

Paypal. LOL.

I'm not really sure why this is a big deal.  I've bought all my other mining equipment for bitcoin as well as scrypt mining through paypal purchases.  Some guy told me that paypal somehow means scam, which makes no sense, because if I sent bitcoin to some random person on this forum and they didn't send the items, what would I do?

I have no problem doing escrow either - but my point is I am not sending someone I don't know a currency they can scam me of. 

Thats why you dont trade with other newbs. They have no background here, so you don't know if they are scammer or not. People with older accounts here tend to be more trustable, especially if they have positive trust ratings in their profile.
Also, it's not possible to escrow paypal. You can chargeback through an escrow. Sellers don't like Paypal because the users will abuse the system and chargeback on anything and everything possible.

Kelekin (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:49:53 PM

Paypal. LOL.

Thats why you dont trade with other newbs. They have no background here, so you don't know if they are scammer or not. People with older accounts here tend to be more trustable, especially if they have positive trust ratings in their profile.
Also, it's not possible to escrow paypal. You can chargeback through an escrow. Sellers don't like Paypal because the users will abuse the system and chargeback on anything and everything possible.

Whilst true, I had someone in PM basically try to make the argument that somehow my near-600 collective feedback at 100% between my three accounts (including ten-year old eBay) was less important than their...posts on an internet forum with zero feedback?

The only concern I've come across so far on here is that this is the first forum I've ever been a part of where people buy up old accounts.  Actually, as much as I love the topic matter, this is the most backwards forum I've been a part of (reserving posts? people being huge assholes with no moderation?). 

I've just never understood the argument that somehow paypal is an easier way to be scammed than an internet forum with no accountability.  It's called shipping with tracking.  The only time I ever had to use buyer protection with paypal on something I hadn't received, they required a -huge- amount of proof for me to get my refund.  If people don't want me to pay in paypal that's more than fine, I totally accept that.  But unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do about that right now. CaVirtex won't accept my passport as identification despite being legally accepted anywhere else in Canada, and I'm not going to start driving just to obtain a license so I can get a bitcoin. 
Kryptowner

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:49:52 PM

Lots of people here have been burned by Paypal/eBay.

Buyer buys ASIC from seller.
Buyer mines for a while, then files claim on Paypal that unit was not as described/defective, whatever.
Paypal freezes the seller's funds while this is sorted out
Should the seller win the claim, the buyer then does a chargeback for the original purchase and then the seller's funds are frozen again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: