Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In my country people sell btc as special service payments in atm's, but...  (Read 476 times)
xapa (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:51:11 AM

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here and I wanted to post this on my country's board (Portugal)but this might interest you as well, so here we go.

I have been buying bitcoins through a website that issues a service payment that anyone can pay via the nearest ATM or home banking. This has been going on for years now, until...

One of the two sites I know is asking 1000€ per btc...the other...suddenly lost it's valid https certifications.
Does anyone know what is happening right now?

http://lookpic.com/O/i2/1216/tkfz104k.png

P.S.: Some info has come to me that the owner of the one asking for 1000€ is a mod at bitcointalk.

-
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:59:29 AM

I work for BTC.pt. I can tell you the reason for that price.
We sold a lot of Bitcoins in the last week, especially yesterday with the price drop, and our credit with our sellers got depleted, so, they will only resume business with us when our transfers to them get cleared. There is only one seller left on our pool of sellers, and €1000/BTC is his price. We hope to have everything back to normal before the weekend.

BTW, the Bitcoin new All Time High is €1000/BTC. We did really sell some at that price.
Oh, and I'm not the owner. I work for the company who owns BTC.pt. I'm just the tech dude. Tongue
xapa (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:06:21 AM

Woow, that was really fast.

Thanks a lot Raoul Duke. I surely hope you guys the best luck sorting that out at btc.pt.
Are you guys related to lojabitcoin.pt? If so, why the certificate error? It appeared to me yesterday just about the time btc.pt went into maintenance.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:13:11 AM

Woow, that was really fast.

Thanks a lot Raoul Duke. I surely hope you guys the best luck sorting that out at btc.pt.
Are you guys related to lojabitcoin.pt? If so, why the certificate error? It appeared to me yesterday just about the time btc.pt went into maintenance.

We are not related with lojabitcoin.pt besides the fact that we are almost neighbors in meat space (5km). Looking at their cert, it's new, it seems they didn't paste the CA Root or CA chain certificates, so browsers are having troubles verifying the cert validity.
Bitsurprise

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:18:17 AM

BTC is at $600 at BTC-E and was lower yesterday why would anyone pay 1000 euros = $1300 instead ?!

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:22:27 AM

BTC is at $600 at BTC-E and was lower yesterday why would anyone pay 1000 euros = $1300 instead ?!

Beats me. But the fact was: someone did. I even put a warning in red, right below the price.
xapa (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:33:01 AM

We are not related with lojabitcoin.pt besides the fact that we are almost neighbors in meat space (5km). Looking at their cert, it's new, it seems they didn't paste the CA Root or CA chain certificates, so browsers are having troubles verifying the cert validity.

I see.
For a moment there, I thought it had been hacked or something.

Anyway, I say btc will soar up to that price tag any time now.  Grin
ubermata

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

hahhahahhaa grate one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: