Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:24:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best exchange to trade or buy on?  (Read 2697 times)
manuel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:35:37 AM

I have heard horror stories about:

*Length of time to setup

*Intrusive documentary requirements

*Customer accounts getting cheated/ripped off/stolen/etc

What is the best compromise to go with right now.  I'm not a US citizen but still I'm the type of guy that likes to give up as little info as humanly possible. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:40:47 AM

Well there are a lot of complaints for lengthy times in withdraws from Mt.Gox
As for the documents pretty much every exchange tries to comply with AML/KYC laws so they require docs.
Except from Btc-e maybe but i think only if you deal with them strictly in digital currencies.

Also check localbitcoins.com

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:48:10 AM

Best exchange?  NYSE

For bitcoin?  Nothing is perfect.
CoinMKT has easy setup, not a lot of volume yet. Lots of Altcoin to park your money when out of BTC.
BTC-E has pretty cheap coins, buy and transfer them elsewhere.
BTC China has very expensive coins, hard to get fiat out.
MTGOX, hard to get out, some difficult processes.
Bitstamp is a pretty good blend of problems, none of which are too serious.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 12:17:43 PM

Best exchange?  NYSE

For bitcoin?  Nothing is perfect.
CoinMKT has easy setup, not a lot of volume yet. Lots of Altcoin to park your money when out of BTC.
BTC-E has pretty cheap coins, buy and transfer them elsewhere.
BTC China has very expensive coins, hard to get fiat out.
MTGOX, hard to get out, some difficult processes.
Bitstamp is a pretty good blend of problems, none of which are too serious.

we are still in the early age of bitcoin. so its a little wild west here. dont exspect to much service and insurance in that space ;-)

i would try bitstamp.

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:25:16 PM

I use bitcoin.de to change fiat against btc. But I don't do this very often. bitcoin.de brings just seller and buyer together and never receives my euros. The buyer just transfers his euros from his bank account to the bank account of the seller. So this takes 1-3 days but I heard is faster than mtgox and Co. But bitcoin.de is not for instant trading (for example day trading). But they have officially a bank behind them so in the next weeks this should be possible. But nowerdays you already can sell to the current price, but you have to wait a few days to get the fiat.

For instant trading I use btc-e.com. I don't care how long it takes to get in or out the fiat because I will never do this. I use bitcoin.de for this.

So it depends what you want to do. Day trading and being flexible? Just to buy quick?

I would recommend to stay away from mtGox and btc-e (I trust them only for small amounts). Bitstamp, Coinbase or Bitcoin.de seems to be much more reliable.

PS: You can buy now 1 bitcoin within 10min on coinbase.
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/66910620890/new-coinbase-users-can-now-acquire-their-first-bitcoin

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
xeroc

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:08:30 PM

I like mcxnow.com for trading altcoins ..
manuel (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:14:49 PM

OK so let me clarify what I want to do is:

1.) Put in fiat for exchange to BTC

2.) Trade quickly between BTC and fiat

3.) Not necessarily get my fiat out instantly but in a timely fashion.

So far that what would you recommend?

I heard Coinbase was connected to the goldman sachs (aka the evil empire) true or just rumor?  Even if they were the best I would be inclined to use the number two just because of how much I hate those motherfuckers.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

If you want fast coins, (which in a rising market are more important than anything), and if you have access to North American Banks, try Bitcoin-Brokers.com

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
cctvtech

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

If you want fast coins, (which in a rising market are more important than anything), and if you have access to North American Banks, try Bitcoin-Brokers.com

But I don't need a Go-Daddy Domain  Tongue
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:55:35 AM

Buy on BTC-E or BitStamp.

BTC-E seems the best to trade on.

If you want to sell BTC look at the current price of BTC on each exchange, sell at the highest one.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:02:06 AM

I use bitcoin.de to change fiat against btc. But I don't do this very often. bitcoin.de brings just seller and buyer together and never receives my euros. The buyer just transfers his euros from his bank account to the bank account of the seller. So this takes 1-3 days but I heard is faster than mtgox and Co. But bitcoin.de is not for instant trading (for example day trading). But they have officially a bank behind them so in the next weeks this should be possible. But nowerdays you already can sell to the current price, but you have to wait a few days to get the fiat.

For instant trading I use btc-e.com. I don't care how long it takes to get in or out the fiat because I will never do this. I use bitcoin.de for this.

So it depends what you want to do. Day trading and being flexible? Just to buy quick?

I would recommend to stay away from mtGox and btc-e (I trust them only for small amounts). Bitstamp, Coinbase or Bitcoin.de seems to be much more reliable.

PS: You can buy now 1 bitcoin within 10min on coinbase.
http://blog.coinbase.com/post/66910620890/new-coinbase-users-can-now-acquire-their-first-bitcoin

Ugh, coinbase.
They seem to reverse purchases claiming "High Risk" whenever the price rises between the time of buying and the time of delivery.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:05:04 AM

But I don't need a Go-Daddy Domain  Tongue

You don't buy coins from a guy because of his domain provider?
You know the coins don't touch through the website, right? 
They just use that for managing some of their communications.
Unlike coinbase, bitcoin-brokers has never reversed a transaction for arbitrary reasons, and you can get more coins faster.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:11:42 AM

OK so let me clarify what I want to do is:

1.) Put in fiat for exchange to BTC

2.) Trade quickly between BTC and fiat

3.) Not necessarily get my fiat out instantly but in a timely fashion.

So far that what would you recommend?

I heard Coinbase was connected to the goldman sachs (aka the evil empire) true or just rumor?  Even if they were the best I would be inclined to use the number two just because of how much I hate those motherfuckers.

If you're in the U.S., CampBX is quick and cheap for buying coins.

Once you have the funds, look for the right combination of high liquidity and low commissions for trading.  While the volatility makes day trading tempting, most people quickly learn that "buy and hold" is more effective.  It's too easy to get caught in fiat during the big run ups.

Getting fiat out is problematic right now.  Gox is absolutely out.  I have never trusted BTCe.  I'm a bit nervous about Bitstamp right now.  It's hard to get a good price selling on CampBX.  I think our options will get better soon.  For now, I recommend just staying in Bitcoin!

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:51:03 AM

If you're willing to provide ID to the exchange, my recommendation is go with bitstamp. They have never been hacked, have high volume, and generally good support.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:54:01 PM

I still prefer bitstamp despite the well documented travails

cloudstef520

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:00:16 PM

buy on is the best choice. Kiss
caminilegroup

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:00:34 PM

But I don't need a Go-Daddy Domain  Tongue

Unlike coinbase, bitcoin-brokers has never reversed a transaction for arbitrary reasons, and you can get more coins faster.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xcD8MJEFSRA/UpIUacAoEwI/AAAAAAAAQRI/Eyk7aAB1PzQ/s0/Screen%2520Shot%25202013-11-24%2520at%25208.59.08%2520AM.png
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:03:19 PM

But I don't need a Go-Daddy Domain  Tongue

LOL, Now I see what you mean.  I wrote the wrong URL it is .ORG
I appreciate the correction.

http://www.bitcoin-brokers.org/

troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:10:10 PM

I am trading on mtgox and bitstamp
personally i like bitstamp better..
but all the exchanges have there pros and cons...

find out whats best for you in your area...
manuel (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:17:52 PM

Even though it was not my primary interest getting money back out I can't say it doesn't worry me when people say "Oh, getting from bitcoins to fiat and getting it back out is hard".  Well WTF?  What are you supposed to do?

That bitcoin-brokers.org site looks super shady.  How do you use it if you don't have one of those banks?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: