Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Bitfie Giveaway: 1 lucky winner WILL win entire wallet. Seeded w/$100.  (Read 26231 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 05:52:46 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?
No

Simply send between one satoshi (0.00000001 BTC) and $0.99 (99 US cents/penny), inclusive to 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu to enter, along with posting the "block chain" tx and the word "Bitfie" somewhere in your post.

Or enter free by posting the following:

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

One entry per user account, but feel free to enter again using another account you may have on this forum. No need to declare that you have done such.

Those wanting a chance to win the entire pool if your post number of this thread is drawn, must have paid to entered. Those wanting to enter free for a chance to win 10% of the pool are able to via the way shown above via the code wrap text.

You'll be able to change from a free entry to a paid entry anytime up to 24 hours prior to the drawing date by simply editing your post and giving a "block chain" tx link.

Please accept my apologies if I somehow made this giveaway too complicated, for that truly wasn't my intent.

Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:03:24 PM

Hello Bitfie community !
I am a Triskaidekaphile. While most people consider thirteen unlucky , the holy lord of 13s says other wise.
I have sent a "unluck-but-actually-luckfie" ( 13c )
https://blockchain.info/tx/93aab05a8bf1923d7204bdd01c50f95a54a48bf24fed9aa95966bec093699c02

The prophet of the thirteens,
jambola2

(P.S : I may have a bit of bias , being born on the thirteenth of a month )

EDIT : What do I do with the huge transaction fees -.-
You should request between 1$ and 10$

Addressing your EDIT first, apologies for the tx fees. By the nature of Bitfie, any amount over 99 US cents wouldn't be considered a Bitfie, thus requesting an entry fee between one and ten dollars wouldn't work.

I do like your Luckfie suggestion, albeit it'll have to coined Luckie, sans the "f", for it to be dubbed correctly. The only reason selfie has an "f" in it's term is because the root word was "self" with an "ie" added. The term "Bitfie" was coined to be similar to "selfie", hence the use of the letter "f" in its naming. Apologies for any confusion.

Lucky you, you coined the Bitfie "Luckie".
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:18:26 PM

Hello Bitfie community !
I am a Triskaidekaphile. While most people consider thirteen unlucky , the holy lord of 13s says other wise.
https://blockchain.info/tx/93aab05a8bf1923d7204bdd01c50f95a54a48bf24fed9aa95966bec093699c02

jambola2

Addressing your EDIT first, apologies for the tx fees. By the nature of Bitfie, any amount over 99 US cents wouldn't be considered a Bitfie, thus requesting an entry fee between one and ten dollars wouldn't work.

I do like your Luckfie suggestion, albeit it'll have to coined Luckie, sans the "f", for it to be dubbed correctly. The only reason selfie has an "f" in it's term is because the root word was "self" with an "ie" added. The term "Bitfie" was coined to be similar to "selfie", hence the use of the letter "f" in its naming. Apologies for any confusion.

I have sent 7c , the almost as luckie Tongue
https://blockchain.info/tx/fe7b501bc5ba78a5dd8d919650a852cfc9bb7a9e14009c3de46a2c5d2d6a4996

I have also sent you a contribution , that is not a Bitfie , but claims to be a bitfie , meet the Sexy Giftie ! ( 6.9 $ )

https://blockchain.info/tx/7954ebe783b06f9706d21083dbf3b363d303bf2832a32e7123e34d0b3f03a4fb

Note : As multiple entries is not allowed , the 6.9$ is not a entry but a contribution and the 7c is made to finance the next person with over 100 posts and who is too cheap to pay 1 c Tongue

EDIT: *jambola2 hides in the corner hoping his claiming of multiple names will not annoy Phin* ( *he wonders if he can call Phinnaeus , Phin* )

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:22:51 PM

No

Simply send between one satoshi (0.00000001 BTC) and $0.99 (99 US cents/penny), inclusive to 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu to enter, along with posting the "block chain" tx and the word "Bitfie" somewhere in your post.

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

One entry per user account, but feel free to enter again using another account you may have on this forum. No need to declare that you have done such.

Those wanting a chance to win the entire pool if your post number of this thread is drawn, must have paid to entered. Those wanting to enter free for a chance to win 10% of the pool are able to via the way shown above via the code wrap text.

You'll be able to change from a free entry to a paid entry anytime up to 24 hours prior to the drawing date by simply editing your post and giving a "block chain" tx link.

Please accept my apologies if I somehow made this giveaway too complicated, for that truly wasn't my intent.

Bruno Kucinskas

Oh, it's not too complicated at all, I'm just not the brightest with these things untill they get explained to me =P. Also, is the $0.99 according to Mtgox price,Bitstamp, or?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:08:53 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 04:26:40 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

No

Code:
Bitfie

Bruno Kucinskas

Oh, it's not too complicated at all, I'm just not the brightest with these things untill they get explained to me =P. Also, is the $0.99 according to Mtgox price,Bitstamp, or?

Good question! But, there's a simple and fair answer: It doesn't matter! I simply look at the "block chain" tx submitted and if looks close enough, the entry's golden. Just declare what you send and it should be fine.

The only time I may look closer at a transaction is if a new Bitfie word is coined coinciding with some exact amount, but given the exchange rate fluctuating by the hour, it still may be off, hence resorting back to taking one word.

The bottom line, this is the fairest, cheapest, seeded "lottery" (for lack of a better word) I know of currently running.

https://blockchain.info/address/1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu

The current prize pool is $135.67.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:19:44 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 05:06:08 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Hello Bitfie community !

jambola2

I have sent 7c , the almost as luckie Tongue
https://blockchain.info/tx/fe7b501bc5ba78a5dd8d919650a852cfc9bb7a9e14009c3de46a2c5d2d6a4996

I have also sent you a contribution , that is not a Bitfie , but claims to be a bitfie , meet the Sexy Giftie ! ( 6.9 $ )

https://blockchain.info/tx/7954ebe783b06f9706d21083dbf3b363d303bf2832a32e7123e34d0b3f03a4fb

Note : As multiple entries is not allowed , the 6.9$ is not a entry but a contribution and the 7c is made to finance the next person with over 100 posts and who is too cheap to pay 1 c Tongue

EDIT: *jambola2 hides in the corner hoping his claiming of multiple names will not annoy Phin* ( *he wonders if he can call Phinnaeus , Phin* )

Firstly, thanks for all your kind suggestions and contributions to date, and I'll address the Luckie aspect first.

Now, you have me confused. I tagges 13 cents as a Luckie based on your experience of the the number 13. Then you want to tagge 7 cents as a Luckie. Ideally, 13 cents should be an Un-luckie, whereas 7 cents is a Luckie. Again, the only reason I opted the first tagging was to honor your birth on the 13th.

Perhaps if I gave you credit for the 7 cents Luckie coinage, then wait to see what you suggest for the 13 cents newly coin term, of which I'm leaning toward Un-luckie.

I'll give you credit for the 6.9 cents term--Sexie-giftie (modified).

You can call me Phinnaeus, Phinn, Phin, Bruno, whatever, as long as you refer to me as TMIBTCITW.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 05:11:52 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 06:35:51 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

The current prize pool is $141.52.

Besides having the ability to enter free to win 10% of this giveaway, one could win the entire amount via paying a Satoshie (same as satoshi) Bitfie entry fee.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: A little history about Bitfie. Bitfie was coined shortly after Oxford, in its infinite wisdom, opted to make "selfie" their word of the year, knocking Bitcoin, which was one of the final three up for consideration, from gaining that title.

"Bitfie" (with quotes) is now number one and two, among a couple others, on the first page of Google search results, thanks chiefly to this thread and the four domains I registered.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:01:42 AM

Yikes! What is going on here? I was away for the weekend, visiting my in-laws, ad just got home to where I may be able to hash a vanity address or something, but I have no idea what I'm getting myself involved in. Just a lottery with a random number picker?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:58:03 PM

Yikes! What is going on here? I was away for the weekend, visiting my in-laws, ad just got home to where I may be able to hash a vanity address or something, but I have no idea what I'm getting myself involved in. Just a lottery with a random number picker?

Quit licking your fur! It's not just a lottery. It's bringing awareness to Bitfie via a lottery. See the difference?  Roll Eyes Besides, I seeded it with $100 USD. So far the monies are in my control until I transfer them to you as acting escrow via the vanity address I requested and will be paying for said services.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to get the fuck on the road to Satoshi Forest.

~TMIBTCITW
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:28:41 PM

Bitfie

Let's try my luck. I'm a Guppie.

https://blockchain.info/tx/148dc4bface8b9cceecad08a2af6f37073f2828844b17ee58be1471950ebdf0b

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
ajax3592

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:37:48 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 01:31:44 PM by ajax3592

Not sure why blockchaint tx is showing -0.2 when I sent only .00006BTC.
Even the final balance is -0.2BTC lesser   Cry   It's looking fine in Multibit though.
Just tell me, everything's fine and there's nothing to freak out.

Edit - It sent the 0.2BTC to my other address, not sure why

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 01:21:40 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 01:36:03 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Even the final balance is -0.2BTC lesser   Cry   It's looking fine in Multibit though.

You're in, so all is fine. Mind if I give you credit for sending a Nicklie? Who wants credit for the first Dimie?

Bitfie

Hello there fellow coinaholics!

I decided to enter this awesome Bitfie giveaway!

I saw no one had chosen my favorite position.... THE SEXTIE-NINIE

https://blockchain.info/tx/670b1469c1e90c553ed8cb9f253e92936d4d974d02a7c64857fc5f25ac35247e

Yet another great, but very weird idea Phinnaeus Tongue

Can't give you credit for coining the word, but will give you credit for sending the first Sextie-ninie.

Would a $.66 or a $.99 be considered a Spoonie Bitfie? Guess won't know till somebody enters such and claims it.

Thanks for playing, all, and to reiterate, none of posts in thins thread, is drawn, will allowing me claim the prize. I have no known or unknown entries in this giveaway, nor will I. Glad you all are enjoying it.

~TMIBTCITW

Current prize pool is $151.08.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:29:10 PM

Current prize pool is $160.80.
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:34:13 PM

Bitfie

Worth a shot for a bit-pinchie Tongue

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:02:48 PM

Bitfie

Worth a shot for a bit-pinchie Tongue

No problem, bud. Just add the following to post.

Code:
Bitfie

On second thought, you don't really have to, for the above format was just a suggestion and you entered correctly.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 03:59:56 AM

You're in, so all is fine. Mind if I give you credit for sending a Nicklie? Who wants credit for the first Dimie?

Bitfie

Hello there fellow coinaholics!

I decided to enter this awesome Bitfie giveaway!

I saw no one had chosen my favorite position.... THE SEXTIE-NINIE

https://blockchain.info/tx/670b1469c1e90c553ed8cb9f253e92936d4d974d02a7c64857fc5f25ac35247e

Yet another great, but very weird idea Phinnaeus Tongue

Can't give you credit for coining the word, but will give you credit for sending the first Sextie-ninie.

Would a $.66 or a $.99 be considered a Spoonie Bitfie? Guess won't know till somebody enters such and claims it.

Thanks for playing, all, and to reiterate, none of posts in thins thread, is drawn, will allowing me claim the prize. I have no known or unknown entries in this giveaway, nor will I. Glad you all are enjoying it.

~TMIBTCITW

Current prize pool is $151.08.

I didn't know I had to coin the word. Can I still make an addition to my post? Sad

You don't have to coin a word. That's optional for those wanting to think outside the box. You can coin a word at anytime as long as there's a transaction considering with it to get credit for first use. Remember, though, only one entry per using name, thus consider using another user account, whereupon you can declare the account if you wish depending in what name you desire the coined word to be under.

Apologies if I made the above to complicated sounding, for I'm press for time needing to get back to Satoshi Forest and call it a night via sleeping on the ground during the below freezing night.

I'm changing the official address to 1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde of which ONLY Rassah has the private key. I will no longer have access to the funds once I transfer them momentarily.

Will be updating the OP reflecting the above, as well.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 04:22:10 AM

The transfer is now complete, and currently prize pool can be seen here: https://blockchain.info/address/1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde

The currently prize pool is $165.21.
ajax3592

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:00:55 AM

Yep, go ahead, feel free to credit me  Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 01:51:58 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:30:16 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Yep, go ahead, feel free to credit me  Smiley

Already did, bud!

https://blockchain.info/address/1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde

The current prize pool is $176.96.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 03:28:39 AM

FYI, since I am a tresurie, I will not be a bettie to avoid conflictie of interestie.

-- Rassie
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: