Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion about journalists talking about Bitcoin but are not Hodlers?  (Read 174 times)
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:10:51 PM

Journalists don't deliver truth nowadays.They just want to give sensational news without bothering whether it is true or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samantadegrenet

Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:40:15 PM

The problem is that on the topic of cryptocurrencies there is still a lot of ignorance even on the part of journalists. Often the articles are written only to make easy sensationalism without a real deepening of the theme.
rukawa101

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:31:42 AM

Just like everyone who are in the world of crypto-currencies, Journalists are people too. Of course because of their reach and influence they could impose to the mass they are supposed to present facts whether they are hodlers or not, however this almost never happen in the real world as almost anyone can be an "online journalist" with little-to-no experience at all.
And because rumors and speculation can drastically determine a coins' value, this then creates a dilemma, where people with power doesn't truly grasp the concept of blockchain technology are dictating the market-- which is why it is ALWAYS advisable for one to do their own research and actually educate themselves on what they're diving in to.
aeternus

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:39:23 AM

We can't rule out the role of journalists in the cryptocurrency markets. They are in one way or the other responsible for some of the FUD and FOMO which affects Bitcoin and altcoins. However, it is quite shocking to know that most of these journalists are forbidden by their employers to HODL any cryptocurrency. 

I found this on the Twitter page of @CZ_Binance today:

I learned most journalists are forbidden by their employers to hodl any crypto. Should they be forbidden to own fiat if they write about trade-wars?  So now, we have journalists who have never done a single blockchain transaction writing/"teaching the public" about blockchain.

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/989818863138336768

Do you think these set of journalists have the rights to talk about Bitcoin giving the public the wrong perception of what Bitcoin is and is not? Or is it possible to truly understand cryptocurrency without being part of the cryptosphere?
You do not need to hold cryptocurrency to know what you're talking about, as long as they reveal that to their readers and they say to them that what they are expressing should not be interpreted as a trading advice then they can say whatever they want, it is up to you to decide if what they're saying makes sense or if it is right, this is why we should always encourage people to form their own opinions and not to rely on the opinion of someone else.
simplecriss

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:51:16 AM

for me, it's not only give them priviledge to talk about bitcoin, but also to know them well, i think there is one among of them, maybe or possibly know already how bitcoin work, altcoins and blockchain.. because for me , i think they need to make a research before they broadcast it, so it means they might learned a lot that this is not scam or something..
  However they do this, or they telling this, that these are all scam because i think they are being afraid that they lost thier job and they follow order from thier superior.. thats what i thought..
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

first of all nobody can prevent anyone from holding a decentralized cryptocurrency such as bitcoin so there is not really much they can do about it. the employee's finances are also their own business.

secondly a reporter doesn't have to hold something to be able to write an article about it. but they do have to have enough information in that field to write something. and these two shouldn't be confused. for example they can write an article about oil and all that crap in middle east but they don't have to HODL oil or live in middle east. but they do have to have knowledge about it.
unfortunately i sometimes find out that majority of journalists have zero information about bitcoin but they insist on analyzing it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:40:21 AM

I personally have a negative attitude towards all types of journalists, the fact is that in the overwhelming majority of cases they provide not reliable information, the purpose of which is to form a point of view, which is interesting to a certain group of people, in other words, the task of journalists is to manage a large mass of people by means of media.  
In truth they always add lies.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: