Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:33:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens after an airdrop  (Read 195 times)
Etherion (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:04:49 PM

So what normally happens after an altcoin has an airdrop? Bitcore(BTX) has 8% Monday of holders but I  am not so sure what will happen after. Surly everone will just dump? What makes me think otherwise is that they had airdrops ever weeks for many weeks so most would be holders.
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:51:08 PM

Anything can happen after an airdrop. I am familiar with that airdrop as I have participated and I would think it could drop down to 50k sats but I don't see it going much lower than that. There is great support at 50k sats and the coin has extremely strong fundamentals. Not only that but the devs have stuck to the roadmap for over a year which gives me confidence Bitcore will be more valuable in the future than it is today.

Ayston

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:55:19 PM

Follow the airdrop telegram, announcement and more free token will be announce there, also which exchange you can sell your airdrop awards. Price is also update their if they have progress too.
Etherion (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:58:36 PM

yes but let forget about btx for a moment. I have not been part of any airdrops before and I don't know how this sometimes plays out. I am invested in BTX so I would like it to go high but my question is how did other coins air drops go in the past.

yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:34:06 PM

There is no correct answer to your question because it will be different for each airdrop. Some of airdrops become very expensive after they are distributed and some of them are getting sold immediately and that caueses a very sharp fall in the price. You need to be on alarm to be react fast in that kind of situations.

friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:23:14 PM

In 95% of the cases, what happens after the airdrop is that people find out the project is a scam.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:26:21 PM

Yeah, usually after aidrops a lot of people immediately dump their coins and the price reduces somewhat.
Thian778

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:35:15 PM

Well, you can decide if you want to sell them (if they have price on the exchange) or either hold them and monitor their movement and development on the exchange, but if its a new token just hold them until they have value on the market then you can sell it.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:43:25 PM

So what normally happens after an altcoin has an airdrop? Bitcore(BTX) has 8% Monday of holders but I  am not so sure what will happen after. Surly everone will just dump? What makes me think otherwise is that they had airdrops ever weeks for many weeks so most would be holders.
Im really glad to see or do always prefer to engage with airdrops on where the coins is already in the market and do have specific value which you can either decide if those airdropped coins will be held of for long term or you would decide to dump it all once you gain it.This thing is entirely depending on your choice on whats your view on BTX.

In 95% of the cases, what happens after the airdrop is that people find out the project is a scam.
I cant argue with you regarding to this which this is actually the truth happening into this airdrop thinggy.

crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:55:59 PM

Participant or investor will just dump there token that they received on airdrop,They will not hold that because there is no reason to do that, Airdrop is just like incentive for a certain coin to attract more investor to buy their coin.But some of this airdrop has no value at all.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:08:30 PM

Participant or investor will just dump there token that they received on airdrop,They will not hold that because there is no reason to do that, Airdrop is just like incentive for a certain coin to attract more investor to buy their coin.But some of this airdrop has no value at all.

Not everyone will dump, there is some incentive to hold if they think the project has long term merit or even if they miss the initial dump. It's fair to say that the large majority of coins will be dumped following an airdrop. The best strategy is to be one of the first to sell and then if you believe in the project buy back at a lower price.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 11:17:43 PM

Usually airdrop participants don't actually influence the price. Let me explain you why. There are two ways of developing of a project after its ICO ends: it either becomes successful or not. Accordingly, the price either rises or not. So:
1) Price doesn't rise, airdrop participants don't sell their tokens as they are still cost very little. Fees will cost even more, so they don't sell.
2) Price rises, as the project becomes more and more successful. Airdrop participants sell their coins, but it doesn't dump a price, as their percentage is too small, and the price actually rises due to project's success.

mkumar76

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:11:56 AM

So what normally happens after an altcoin has an airdrop? Bitcore(BTX) has 8% Monday of holders but I  am not so sure what will happen after. Surly everone will just dump? What makes me think otherwise is that they had airdrops ever weeks for many weeks so most would be holders.

if community have more weak hands and impatient/noob holders they will def dump it , also whales will do the same bcoz they know people will dump it so they will dump it at higher price and then set low buy order and eat dump of those panic sellers .

but if coin is trustworthy and community is strong , you will see not that serious dump .

for example - in case of ZCL , however it was not airdrop , but holders of zcl got same amount of BTCP coin , and after fork ZCL value gone down too much .
andron8383

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:04:53 AM

99% of the airdrops are scams. Airdrops are just free money so people just dump. If you are lucky you may earn a few bucks but they are usually not worth much and they are waste of time for the most part.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:47:47 AM

The purpose of having an airdrop is basically to gain community that will support the project and predict the value in the market. Nowadays, most airdrop tokens is just a pump and dump coins or an abandoned project. But for airdrop folks my suggestion is for you to join an airdrop which has a token sale or ico because for sure even though you are holding it in the longest it will have a value even with small amount. (for gas purposes  Grin)
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:59:58 AM

Remember that airdrop airdrop is a free money for everyone, they are fast dumping a get their profit. But airdrops are useless or no works before giving to all dumpers, and there are some legit but you can sell it for a very low price and you need to wait mote months or years before you see the value of that free coins.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:07:20 AM

In most cases, the price of the tokens crumble, but there are many things that help a project, the strong community if those people holding the tokens believe in the long term future they will certainly not dump on the market, as the case of BTX there are incentives to hold these tokens long term because of the weekly distribution to holders

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:11:38 AM

Usually after an airdop people will sell the free coins they get. However, if the project is good and you hold onto the coins, you can do pretty well off of them. The key is finding a good project with an airdrop. Most of them are crap and you'll most likely not get anything. If you can even exchange them. Remember, it does bring attention to the project.
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:13:07 AM

because of those airdrops bitcore went from $2 to more than $40 in two weeks, then it has been in $20 for a while.. but now it is worth pennies, no one likes bitcore because of those airdrops.

crypto-bit

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:27:49 PM

Not everyone will dump, there is some incentive to hold if they think the project has long term merit or even if they miss the initial dump. It's fair to say that the large majority of coins will be dumped following an airdrop. The best strategy is to be one of the first to sell and then if you believe in the project buy back at a lower price.

Yeah not all of them but some of them will actually dump there coins as long that they have earned from there investment they will not hold the coin for a long time even though it has a good development,a good investor think that business is to make profit not to get emotional attachment for the project
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: