Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the options for the future?  (Read 20152 times)
BQ (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:18:38 PM

Seeing as the world governments has opened their eyes for crypto,
and now cracking down on ICOs, exchanges, and crypto in general..

I fear that crypto already has been breached, and is controlled and manipulated by the 'banks'.
Since crypto is theoretically unstoppable, instead of fighting against the system, they could simply have obtained a large amount and
can keep the price controlled, and never allowing an outbreak bad enough to damage their system?

with 'banks' I'm referring to the banking industry/very rich people in general, who one way or another
profits from the current economical model, often by being middlemen, or 'earning money from nothing'.

By ruining the reputation of bitcoin/crypto in general, the average person would likely never touch it.
If p2p currency ever was adopted worldwide, it'd be a huge change for the current economical model, which of course, many top players wants to prevent.

What are the things that could happen? What are the alternatives?
Creating a new currency wouldn't work, if we assume that the banksters would be aware of it and therefore they could get a controlling part of it.
So we're 'stuck' with bitcoin, and can only hope that the coins itself are spread enough to not be controllable?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:50:45 PM

Whatever the banksters or nouvea riche may do, it cannot stop the growth of crypto. This is just the beginning, they cannot beatit so they will be forced to join in crypto investment.
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:53:24 PM

Ask yourself this one question: why would they crash the crypto market, when they could do the exact opposite with all that power? We know some of the banks own Bitcoin and are looking to acquire more, which to me implies a positive signal. I doubt they would crash their own money at that point, as they stand to gain more from making Bitcoin increase.

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:04:50 PM

Ask yourself this one question: why would they crash the crypto market, when they could do the exact opposite with all that power? We know some of the banks own Bitcoin and are looking to acquire more, which to me implies a positive signal. I doubt they would crash their own money at that point, as they stand to gain more from making Bitcoin increase.

If you want to invest your fund on various coins do it. this will be bumped bigger in the market for sure. I really do not care about the crash because most of the time I use to hodl the bitcoins and other cryptos which have mate.

When yesterday all the cryptos turns to negative I was much panic that again we need to see the coins value cheaper than its potential but fortunately in next day itself  all the cryptos has been bumped faster.
BQ (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:04:27 PM

If they were to support bitcoin in the long run, they'd also support their own doom.
We don't need banks where we're going, at least not in the way they exist today.

Banks keeps people's money, and make money off of it.
They can print money out of thin air, loan it to people, and get more money back.
They have no place in a crypto economy.
And in the end, it's still the people who has to cash them out when they enter into a crisis.

But it's clearly something the banks(and indirectly, those in power) wants to keep going, so I can not imagine that they'd roll over.
However, it takes ages for the bank industry to do stuff. It's like all the banks agree to keep everything equally shitty and therefore they don't really compete with eachother, as most choices are the same.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:18:33 PM

Whatever the banksters or nouvea riche may do, it cannot stop the growth of crypto. This is just the beginning, they cannot beatit so they will be forced to join in crypto investment.

How much should we bet that banksters and nouveau riche are helping drive the growth of crypto. It's more likely that the old money is the only money that's not making a crypto investment play. There's certainly more groups of people that have a hand in this fun than are admitting publicly. Part of that is because no one wants to lose...so if they're making a seemingly controversial bet they're likely to keep it quiet.
tangsanzang7

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:59:29 AM

I fear that crypto already has been breached, and is controlled and manipulated by the 'banks'.
Since crypto is theoretically unstoppable, instead of fighting against the system, they could simply have obtained a large amount and
can keep the price controlled, and never allowing an outbreak bad enough to damage their system?

with 'banks' I'm referring to the banking industry/very rich people in general, who one way or another
profits from the current economical model, often by being middlemen, or 'earning money from nothing'.

By ruining the reputation of bitcoin/crypto in general, the average person would likely never touch it.
If p2p currency ever was adopted worldwide, it'd be a huge change for the current economical model, which of course, many top players wants to prevent.

Creating a new currency wouldn't work, if we assume that the banksters would be aware of it and therefore they could get a controlling part of it.
So we're 'stuck' with bitcoin, and can only hope that the coins itself are spread enough to not be controllable?
The finance profession has no shortage of posts in any period of time because it is a profession closely related to the development of human society. There is no need to worry about unemployment, and there is no need to worry that this technology will suddenly not be needed.
Applancer.co

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

Many government regulation in different are taking steps for improvement in Crypto World, the things will be going to better again, Blockchain technology is going to be more safer in coming so hope things are going to be normal again very soon, the only thing which we are required to carefull enough is The fake ICOs list.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:22:58 AM

when the word "CryptoCurrency" lost its true meaning and started becoming a pump and dump shitshow also known as altcoin market and when a lot of shitty ICOs started coming out to scam people, that was the warning for people to put an stop to it themselves. but since they didn't and instead they started investing in ICOs and make shitcoins top2 coin then the government has to get involved and put an end to the scams.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:25:16 AM

i think government will accept cryto. i always find new advantage project to invest. i hope one day i gonna rich
BQ (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:40:21 AM

when the word "CryptoCurrency" lost its true meaning and started becoming a pump and dump shitshow also known as altcoin market and when a lot of shitty ICOs started coming out to scam people, that was the warning for people to put an stop to it themselves. but since they didn't and instead they started investing in ICOs and make shitcoins top2 coin then the government has to get involved and put an end to the scams.

That's fair, I think that at some point a large part of all the various cryptos today will die out because they don't really have a reason to exist in their current form, and hopefully we can then continue with the important parts of crypto. But, in a way, bitcoin going from $0.000x to $10,000 was maybe in a way, bad design, because money is then the primary reason for why people get into it?

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:43:31 AM

Bitcoin is not manipulated by the banks. But the banks sees bitcoin as a threat and that is why they are also starting to enter into bitcoin or to create their own cryptocurrency. Sooner or later if the banks will not make some innovation they could possibly be left behind and their business will die since people will begin to shift from banks to bitcoin wallets.
BQ (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:41:15 PM

Bitcoin is not manipulated by the banks. But the banks sees bitcoin as a threat and that is why they are also starting to enter into bitcoin or to create their own cryptocurrency. Sooner or later if the banks will not make some innovation they could possibly be left behind and their business will die since people will begin to shift from banks to bitcoin wallets.

If they see it as a threat, is that not a good reason for why they would be manipulating bitcoin?
for example, by dumping tons and buying back lower they'd get more power as well as damaging the reputation/possibility of being a currency?

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:54:35 PM

that's where you are wrong.
when some shitcoin is created or some ICO scams people, the world in general is not going to say bitcoin is bad! bitcoin had nothing to do with it. if anything people are going to stay away from ICOs and shitcoins and in general it will ruin the reputation of altcoins. but nobody cares about that because altcoin reputation is already in ruins.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
BQ (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:29:18 PM

that's where you are wrong.
when some shitcoin is created or some ICO scams people, the world in general is not going to say bitcoin is bad! bitcoin had nothing to do with it. if anything people are going to stay away from ICOs and shitcoins and in general it will ruin the reputation of altcoins. but nobody cares about that because altcoin reputation is already in ruins.

while you are right on that aspect, I'm more referring to the general market, if banksters control the price, they can potentially just make it be so unsteady that noone would use it?

THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:27:16 PM

neh, it's imposible that the banks can control the crypto, this is the future, no more banks, only clear transfers
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:40:20 PM

The option to me is to invest in crypts because going by the past, bitcoin as the first was barely less than a dollar but today, it is a cherish coin with very high price. It is always good to invest for the future.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

sent from my X6
Abigail.Parsons

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:42:15 PM

Yep, I don't agree with the original point that crypto has already been breached and even if it had, shutting the whole thing down is impossible. Look at the rise in decentralised exchanges since the turn of the year. This is just the start so if governments want to come down even harder then all they will do is push it further underground out of of sight which cant be good for them. You would rather have your enemy in your sights
BQ (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:03:46 PM

Yep, I don't agree with the original point that crypto has already been breached and even if it had, shutting the whole thing down is impossible. Look at the rise in decentralised exchanges since the turn of the year. This is just the start so if governments want to come down even harder then all they will do is push it further underground out of of sight which cant be good for them. You would rather have your enemy in your sights

That's true, and I sure hope you are right.
I just figure the part about banks actively manipulating the crypto market in a way that would drive "regular investors",
and definitely driving away regular people from using it. A lot of people got burned in the january crash.
They might see btc is on it's way back. What if, the same thing happened again? How many times can a crash happen before 'regular people' aren't interested anymore?

By 'regular people' I mean in general less technical interested people who only see it as a way to earn money, not caring or understanding about the technology.
Will bitcoin just keep coming back stronger and stronger, if this was the case?
At some point even the most hardened cryptofans probably would grow tired of the uncertainty in such a market, and no longer view it as a store of value?

I'm not sure, I'm just hoping crypto manages to break through to real world adoption, but I fear that there will be many challenges on the way,
and with what's on stake, I can't see why banks and other entities of the kind, would simply let themselves get buried. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: