Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 02:33:16 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: They want to delete the Wikipedia article  (Read 11344 times)
NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2010, 02:04:24 PM

That post was deleted? I don't get why at all.
It's certainly calmer and tamer than my previous post. The only controversial thing about it is that it is more pointed toward Wikipedia deletionists. I can imagine that if there was a moderator here who is a deletionist on Wikipedia, they might get upset and delete it. Or maybe a deletionist on Wikipedia who cracked my password in order to delete it. This second scenario actually isn't too far fetched if the forum doesn't temporarily lock out accounts after a few failed login attempts. I've since updated my rather weak password so that it hopefully doesn't happen again. Unless it was a technical glitch or a moderator who will speak up, it very much reinforces my recently acquired vile opinion of Wikipedia deletionists. Of course so long as I can't prove anything, it's just my word against nobody or anybody or Wikipedia deletionists or I'm just overly paranoid or something. Undecided

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knightmb

Activity: 308

Timekoin - Save Electricity, Don't Waste It!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2010, 07:55:42 PM

Instead of wasting with them (they do frustrate me sometimes), why not create a new article at a more "friendly" place like
http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Citizendium

Citizendium is a wiki that seems to be a compromise between the free-for-all that is Wikipedia and the strict supervision that accompanies Scholarpedia. One of Wikipedia's founders, Larry Sanger, created Citizendium in the hopes of improving on Wikipedia's model. With what the site refers to as "gentle oversight", all articles are subject to approval by the site's editorial team. Articles that haven't been approved will have an accompanying disclaimer, which helps to prevent people from taking potentially false information to heart. Also, you must register under your real name to become a contributor, unlike Wikipedia. Although the site is still in beta form, it is quickly becoming a popular alternative to Wikipedia.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1564

View Profile
August 02, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

Totaly rediculous that this gets removed... almost makes me feel there's pressure from third parties...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
keystroke

Activity: 824

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:49:51 AM

Times have changed. Wink Sorry for the bump.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 826

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:16:21 AM

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read "They want to delete the Wikipedia article" in 2016.

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.