Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - Verify Your Identity.... wtf??  (Read 3299 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:03:08 PM

Anyone else tried to get Level 2 verification on coinbase and having problems? When I do the verify my identity feature, it asks me a bunch of random questions and I already failed twice! It asks me which one of these random numbers are related to me, or who among these random people do I know... WTF? I don't recognize any of those answer choices! Is there any way I can find out where the hell these questions and answer choices are coming from?

I really want to buy more bitcoins... but I cannot wait 30 days for my first transaction to completely... I will most likely miss out on all the gains by then, in 30 days the price may go up a lot higher.

Should I open an account somewhere else and buy from multiple places? Anyone else doing this? What's another secure, simple and trusted place and a good place to buy bitcoins from USA other than coinbase?

Thanks

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:09:54 PM

The questions are based on the credit history for the SSN you entered on the previous page.
A lot of them will not relate to you and so you choose the None of the Above answer.
Most of them should be simple as they relate to past addresses, phone numbers, cities/streets etc you may have lived on.

Anything that might have been reported to a credit agency is fair game to be asked

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:11:36 PM

Same issue here... one of the question they asked was, `which of the following streets was located nearby to your previous address?` and I didn`t recognize any of them! And there was no `none of the above` answer that time around. I even pulled out a map and couldn`t find any of the streets given, so they could have pulled that one out of their asses for all I know. No choice but to try again in 24 hours.  Roll Eyes

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:11:39 PM

Yeah some of the answer choices don't apply to me at all, and I pick none of the above and fail the verification...

Are you guys using multiple exhanges? What else do you recommend for US buyers besides coinbase

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:41:59 AM

If you are having trouble answering the questions, it's possible there is erroneous information on your credit reports. I'd suggest going to www.annualcreditreport.com (it's the legit federally backed site) and grab each of your credit reports. That will provide you with any/all information that coinbase could ask about as well as show you if there is any wrong information being kept.

I had to do this as well because I moved a lot while in the military and couldn't remember some of my old addresses which coinbase asked about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: