Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Backplane and 1 or 2 blades  (Read 574 times)
BryanK (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:00:45 PM

As the title suggests. I'm interested in how the Blade setups work and want to build one.
I figure I start with one or two blades and expand from there. (Thats why I want the backplane)
If you have a PSU to go with it, great. IF not I can get one on my own.

Let me know what you have and we can work something out.

I live in the US so I would prefer dealing with someone within US

Payments Disclaimer: Because BTC is fairly new to me (about 3 months of playing with it) I don't have much BTC. (about .28 to be exact)
With that being said, I have quite the paypal balance (business verified) If that doesn't suffice, i can always buy BTC (3 days transfer time), find someone that wants to trade btc for pp (like no one), purchase amazon cards, or IDK whatever else thats meets your fancy.

Im newer to the forums so trust level for me is probably minimal. Im just looking for an honest person to work with me and do an honest transaction.

If after reading this you still considering a transaction, please get in touch with me and let me know what you have.

Thanks so much!

- B -
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:43:35 AM

Buy bitcoins with Coinbase and then buy the equipment with bitcoins. It'll be much easier for you to find sellers since people are always afraid of paypal refunds.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
TheWoodser

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:50:19 AM

Just my $.02    I would wait on the backplane.

Here is a good link on setting up a single blade (no backplane) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205369.0

The backplanes I have seen on the internet are around the $100 mark.  I would keep that in your pocket or spend it on another blade.  I just got into the blade scene myself and have had mine running for 4 days now.  My setup is next to my fileserver in my laundry room.  I have the cover off and a spare molex wire from the power supply running over to the blade.   Some of the vendors I have seen online will give you a backplane for free with the purchase of 7 blades.  So wait until you get a little further along.  My tests on the power supply I have running now, will power my server and up to 4 blades.  By the time I add from there, I will worry about the backplane then.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  The link above should answer most of them.

TheWoodser

Tip Jars:  BTC: 1J8y3SLzGoY2gLYScsbTZmUH7dW18J1q4S          LTC:  LMkJZ8yuwtVr57GLYZ1JRWstQTc29Cfrtn     Doge: D95sgyBbRz8xhsQMAPmACYfB8vKWUAGuTn 
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366385.0
BryanK (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:10:05 PM

Just my $.02    I would wait on the backplane.

Here is a good link on setting up a single blade (no backplane) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205369.0

The backplanes I have seen on the internet are around the $100 mark.  I would keep that in your pocket or spend it on another blade.  I just got into the blade scene myself and have had mine running for 4 days now.  My setup is next to my fileserver in my laundry room.  I have the cover off and a spare molex wire from the power supply running over to the blade.   Some of the vendors I have seen online will give you a backplane for free with the purchase of 7 blades.  So wait until you get a little further along.  My tests on the power supply I have running now, will power my server and up to 4 blades.  By the time I add from there, I will worry about the backplane then.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.  The link above should answer most of them.

TheWoodser

Thank you very much Smiley +1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: