Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [QUESTIONS] Want To Create A Mining Pool [QUESTIONS]  (Read 4029 times)
JustHayden (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:23:34 PM

So I've decided I want to create a mining pool website, hoping to make a decent amount of $ with it. I know nothing about creating a pool or how to start one, which is why I'm not the one doing the technical stuff, but I'd like a detailed list of things We'd have to do in order to create a successful public pool.

I'm the business and marketing end of the idea, I have a friend that has a job making websites, and we're looking for someone to get the programming end of this. So right now I'm just looking for a "grocery list" of things we'd have to do, things we'd need, and and so on...

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me "If you don't know you shouldn't do it", because I'm not creating the pool myself (I know nothing about programming).

Thanks for the help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:35:03 AM

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me "If you don't know you shouldn't do it", because I'm not creating the pool myself (I know nothing about programming).

You came to the wrong place, then. 
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:11:58 PM

So I've decided I want to create a mining pool website, hoping to make a decent amount of $ with it. I know nothing about creating a pool or how to start one, which is why I'm not the one doing the technical stuff, but I'd like a detailed list of things We'd have to do in order to create a successful public pool.

I'm the business and marketing end of the idea, I have a friend that has a job making websites, and we're looking for someone to get the programming end of this. So right now I'm just looking for a "grocery list" of things we'd have to do, things we'd need, and and so on...

Thanks for the help!
Yeah good luck with that buddy.

Why would someone here who knows how go to all that work to have you make money? Not gonna happen.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:27:15 AM

OK... how about some positive stuff... you can go to github and find pool software that is already written.... host it on your own system for a while and play around with it before you go live... pool mining management is VERY hands on.... very labor intense.... you DONT need to be  programmer to pull it off....but it will take some time to dial it in.... if you are a "windows" person... you will really have an uphill battle... as most of the stuff out there is Linux based...

Examples - Quark Pool : https://github.com/hardcpp/P2PoolExtendedFrontEnd
https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos

If it proves to be too complex, you can hire someone to tweak the source code for you... that will save you some $

infoshri

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:03:44 AM

If you are going to install the server your self and need any support just ping here. i can provide you detailed instructions.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: