View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

Meaning they trade the BTC elsewher making profit on it and they slow down withdrawals so it does not become obvious when the crowd wishes to cash out? That would be a serious breach of operational trust. but that is true, lately there have been withdrawal issues at inopportune times. i've always wonderedif it isnt easy to just keep another copy of the blkdata and wallets elsewhere, which can then be used at a moments' notice should something happen to the main one in use? it would be quick and efficient.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

but that is true, lately there have been withdrawal issues at inopportune times.

inopportune for the users, opurtunistic for cryptsy. kind of hard to prove it though.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

I could see it being possible. I mean, banks do it all the time...except you can always get your money from a bank. There is no FDIC for crypto

Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

Although I've heard of people having problems like your describe, it hasn't happened to me. In fact, the night Bitcoin hit $900 on Gox I sent an alt coin in to sell and transferred out one Bitcoin with no problems.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:30:02 PM

but that is true, lately there have been withdrawal issues at inopportune times.

inopportune for the users, opurtunistic for cryptsy. kind of hard to prove it though.

When a large majority of their user base starts panic withdrawing when their new UI roll out happens and the security flaws are massively exploited, it will be quite apparent.

I still kind of shocked that BigVern actually admitted the site was routinely duplicating sessions allowing people to access other accounts and this isn't even the biggest flaw I know of.

~BCX~

i never saw him admit that. all i saw was conjecture from barwizi. as to the apparent bitcoin "unavailabilites" could it be possible they are keeping the majority of coins in cold storage?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:44:37 PM

The problem with cryptsy has always been they lack of upgrades.  Their hardware/software updates have never kept up with trading demand.  The problem is all the fools panic sell alts and withdraw when BTC hits new highs (Most have the worst timing in terms possible returns).  Nothing sinister just bad management.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:49:43 PM

I'm pretty sure all the exchanges do it. I tried to sell some BTC on coinbase when it was up around $750 a couple days ago and got the message that they had exceeded their daily quota for sales. I was not too happy about that, especially considering the next morning it dropped down to $515.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:54:26 PM

When a large majority of their user base starts panic withdrawing when their new UI roll out happens and the security flaws are massively exploited, it will be quite apparent.

I still kind of shocked that BigVern actually admitted the site was routinely duplicating sessions allowing people to access other accounts and this isn't even the biggest flaw I know of.

~BCX~

i never saw him admit that. all i saw was conjecture from barwizi. as to the apparent bitcoin "unavailabilites" could it be possible they are keeping the majority of coins in cold storage?

not sure you were still online when i spoke with him, but i also have the response to my ticket. furthermore it seems people knowledgeable about that kind of situ have already given it a name. hahaha, what part of my actually being in a guy's account and posting from it is conjecture?
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:03:42 PM

well, vern is not completely dense ... it would be wise of him to invest monies held just like banks do.... plus there is this.. if no one read the tos when u signed up...

k. Delays

Neither we nor any third party software provider accepts any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any data provided to you in connection with an Electronic Service.
We do not accept any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies or errors in prices quoted to you if these delays, inaccuracies or errors are caused by third party service providers with which we may collaborate.
We shall not be obliged to execute any instruction which has been identified that is based on errors caused by delays of the system to update prices provided by the system price feeder or the third party service providers. We do not accept any liability towards executed trades that have been based and have been the result of delays as described above.

whether or not he has the right to use these funds to create more funds is a whole other argument ill leave you all to continue. im not really familiar with the laws of banks... or exchanges

Can anyone shed light on where the law books say he can or can not do this ? Id be curious to see what exactly the laws are with this type of situation....

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
jnada

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:09:56 PM

Anyone else ever notice how BTC withdrawals seem to always have a technical glitch, wallet get stuck, etc., every time the price of BTC spikes and people in mass want to move their BTC off Cryptsy?

But I admit they do it in english way, which I recently got incorporated myself.  Grin

Yes, BEX they fuck on every single 1 hour...

I lost my Last believes in cryptsy.

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:34:30 PM

My auth codes that I requested yesterday arrived both today. Did scare me for a bit and I thought at first that my account got compromised (the password at least).
This made me withdraw my bitcoin (no errors or delays) to offline storage, good decision.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:57:15 PM

yup and which is why i pulled my BTC out of there as soon as the price started going up about a week or two ago..
and i was right and i called it in advance and sure enough precisely what you said happened at Cryptsy
and as usual at other exchanges..

you are 100% correct

FUD first & ask questions later™
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:16:56 PM

Now you can vote your shitcoin in.  Cheesy Cryptsy never ceases to amaze.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

Ah, this ol' chestnut again eh?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

I thought they were past "that phase" but the latest move knocked me off my feet.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:35:49 PM

I believe in the cold storage theory. When the hot wallet becomes empty, manual intervention is required. An operator has to go to a separate machine, enable networking, initiate a transfer of funds, and then the Bitcoin network has to produce the required confirmations.  During that period, withdraws become pending or fail.

Considering so many exchanges or online wallet services have been stolen, it's good practice.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:22:54 PM

Wouldn't take any chances.. they are playing a shady game.  No chance I would leave a satoshi on there.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Wouldn't take any chances.. they are playing a shady game.  No chance I would leave a satoshi on there.
Considering your sig, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't Roll Eyes

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██