Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining rig for 3000$????  (Read 395 times)
sebas1382000 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:28:15 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 05:07:42 AM by sebas1382000

Hello, I am new in this. My question is....

It's possible build a 6 gpu's mining rig with 3000$?
I interesting in the rx580
The gtx1070 is more cheaper now, but its more expensive than the rx

What do you think?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:52:40 PM

I think the term you are looking for is a mining "rig" (or mining computer). A mining pool is what you typically connect your mining rig to in order to submit shares and get a % of the block reward based on how many other miners are using the same mining pool.

Depending on where you live and the prices in your area it may be possible to build a mining rig with 6 Rx 580s for $3000.00 - here in the USA I believe you could manage it for as little as $2500 with a bit of luck and allot of shopping around. $3000 would definitely be enough based on prices here, but it may not be enough in many countries that have higher prices on computer parts in general.
sebas1382000 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:06:39 AM

I think the term you are looking for is a mining "rig" (or mining computer). A mining pool is what you typically connect your mining rig to in order to submit shares and get a % of the block reward based on how many other miners are using the same mining pool.

Depending on where you live and the prices in your area it may be possible to build a mining rig with 6 Rx 580s for $3000.00 - here in the USA I believe you could manage it for as little as $2500 with a bit of luck and allot of shopping around. $3000 would definitely be enough based on prices here, but it may not be enough in many countries that have higher prices on computer parts in general.
Ok, thank you I fix the tittle
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:28:52 AM

Ok, thank you I fix the tittle

Still the title pointing to pool

It's possible build a 6 gpu's mining pool with 3000$?

at today's market price, yes

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx580&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Rx580 ranging 329-389$/GPU

CPU system with 1200w PSU at around 500$

If you're willing to take part on the mining journey, I suggest to do a research on what could  be your future profitability, this year ASIC's announced their capabilities on mining crypto coins that are supposedly an ASIC resistant, so in a few months certain coins that mined by GPU's will have a rough time due to difficulty

Expect also the newer GPU cards to be released within this year

Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:36:14 AM

Agree it is possible, but I would consider 1070s even if they are a bit more expensive. Get used ones from games on ebay for 400 apiece, leaving you 600 for mobo CPU etc. more than enough. Yes, new is better than used but you have to decide if the price premium is worth it. 1070s are better at a wider range of algos. If you just want to mine Eth, not caring about incoming asic onslaught or POS, or mine Monero 7 which makes more sense, the RX 580s are good.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5649

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:35:53 AM

Building it yourself without the basic knowledge of mining is a suicide.

If you're looking for a complete-ready-to-mine sub $3000 rig, there's a place in this forum where you can find one:
Marketplace >Goods > Computer Hardware
Most pre-built rigs are from (miners) members so you can guarantee that it was a working build.
Just make a good guess by reviewing the seller's trust rating and given information.

Good luck.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sebas1382000 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:08:16 AM

Agree it is possible, but I would consider 1070s even if they are a bit more expensive. Get used ones from games on ebay for 400 apiece, leaving you 600 for mobo CPU etc. more than enough. Yes, new is better than used but you have to decide if the price premium is worth it. 1070s are better at a wider range of algos. If you just want to mine Eth, not caring about incoming asic onslaught or POS, or mine Monero 7 which makes more sense, the RX 580s are good.
Are the rx580 a good option for the monero mining?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:23:46 AM

selling one for 2400 euro, ready for mining if you are interested

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3412485.msg35690792#msg35690792
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:38:23 AM

Check this http://allegro.pl/koparka-bitcoin-podzespoly-i7312749192.html and http://allegro.pl/koparka-do-kryptowalut-eth-etc-bitcoin-i7250908164.html .
Elder III

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:17:44 AM

Are the rx580 a good option for the monero mining?

Yes, the cryptonightv7 algorithm is a strength of that series. They also do well on Lyra2v2, Neoscrypt, and of course Ethash algorithms.  There are other options too, but I think those are ones where AMD is strongest right now.
CFI-2018

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 06:50:43 AM

It is possible if you could find Gigabyte 6gig GPU's those are pretty cheap compared to most of them out there
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:54:42 AM

selling one for 2400 euro, ready for mining if you are interested

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3412485.msg35690792#msg35690792

Wow, this is a very good deal!

i'm drooling for this, but pocket don't want to..

up for you bro..
Elder III

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:37:48 PM

If you haven't built at least one "normal" computer before, along with experience troubleshooting hardware/software, then a mining rig is a bad place to start. You need some basic experience first.
sebas1382000 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:43:20 AM

If you haven't built at least one "normal" computer before, along with experience troubleshooting hardware/software, then a mining rig is a bad place to start. You need some basic experience first.
I study the Cryptoworld myself. I learn everyday about wallets, exchanges, pools, cryptocurrencyes and more

But now....   I have decided to sell my car and immerse myself completely in this.

I do not consider this a hobby
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:48:41 AM

If you are considering getting into mining then I think you are too late to get into the game.
All coins are difficult to mine and even eth which is what these mining rigs are built to work on are going proof of stake sometime this year.
So you will not even be able to roi before this happens if you are looking for a rig for this price.

majorjibs

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 09:55:25 AM by majorjibs

Buy the most powerful Xeon Phi accelerator for PCIe on Amazon/Ebay.... (PCIe cards are already discontinued by Intel, and you obviously don't have server for xeon-socket Phi)
Mine XMR with XMRCGPU.com miner.

That's your "RIG"
RoboMidget

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

If you are considering getting into mining then I think you are too late to get into the game.
All coins are difficult to mine and even eth which is what these mining rigs are built to work on are going proof of stake sometime this year.
So you will not even be able to roi before this happens if you are looking for a rig for this price.

I am pretty new to this, but from what I have read so far it seems like new altcoins come out on a semi-regular basis. That being said, would it not make sense to research then mine the ones with lower values that you expect to increase? Like buying penny-stocks based on market analysis? I do this for a hobby for "left-over re-purposed" computer equipment. (So far 0 dollars spent, and negligible gains)

In regards to the coins all going to a PoS scheme. Maybe? But don't you think as soon as they do, there will be more coins implemented for PoW purposes? It's like the altcoins going to an ASIC resistant format when Btc became to difficult to mine without an overly expensive rig. It just seems that the mining community, all the "little guys" would defect from PoS coins if there was too little gain involved.

-Forgive me if any wrong terms were used, I am really new to this.
NiklasFalk

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:57:14 AM

Mining as a hobby is never to late.
i have never had an hobby with an suggested ROI, they are all black holes for money.
The safest way to (continuously) make money of mining, is to supply hobby miners with equipment. Not that many miners that have quite their day-job. The volume needed to do so can be quite large. And I'm here referring to the "mine directly to FIAT and pay your bills" type of mining.

If you lack basic computer building experience, going from a bunch of boxes to a constant payout from a mining pool can be quite a difficult journey (but a rewarding exercise, for the experience, you might get some coins in scattered wallets as well).

I would suggest buying a working rig without GPUs (where someone have chosen a decent mobo, cpu, mem, cables, risers, rig hardvare, ...), and then add (or buy with) a couple of Nvidia Pascal GPUs (heck, even 1030 works as a start, but you need 3GB for Etherium, for now).
The reason to stay away from AMD is to not "need" to bios mod etc.
A 6GPU rig without cards should be possible to find for $400.

Such a low investment rig will be easier to learn with since you can ignore the ROI, the power consumption etc, and focus on learning the management of a rig and make it stable.
Then you can place a preorder of 6x1180...
Didi CC

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:32:47 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 04:04:45 AM by Didi CC

I study the Cryptoworld myself. I learn everyday about wallets, exchanges, pools, cryptocurrencyes and more

But now....   I have decided to sell my car and immerse myself completely in this.

I do not consider this a hobby

In my opinion a rig that is 3000 dollar is a hobby rig. I even consider my 3 rigs as a hobby ( 2 x 12 1080 Ti's and a mix rig for testing, containing 4 1060 6gb , 2 1070, 2 1070 Ti, 2 1080 and 2 1080 Ti )
What you forget here is that the diff will keep on rising ( even without Asic ) so you have to keep on buying GPU to get the same amount as you get today. You have the cost of electricity, spare parts for if something goes wrong ( dead PSU should be replaced right away, not mining is not making money )

Some basic know how about computers is a must and remember 1 thing, Mining isn't a get rich quick scheme, only invest what you can lose ^^

I see you have a nice price ( almost free ) for electricity, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:22:39 AM

Buy the most powerful Xeon Phi accelerator for PCIe on Amazon/Ebay.... (PCIe cards are already discontinued by Intel, and you obviously don't have server for xeon-socket Phi)
Mine XMR with XMRCGPU.com miner.

That's your "RIG"
will that work in an desktop? dont u neee a server type board to run those?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: