Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining rig for 3000$????  (Read 395 times)
RoboMidget

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:48:08 PM

If you haven't built at least one "normal" computer before, along with experience troubleshooting hardware/software, then a mining rig is a bad place to start. You need some basic experience first.
I study the Cryptoworld myself. I learn everyday about wallets, exchanges, pools, cryptocurrencyes and more

But now....   I have decided to sell my car and immerse myself completely in this.

I do not consider this a hobby

In my opinion a rig that is 3000 dollar is a hobby rig. I even consider my 3 rigs as a hobby ( 2 x 12 1080 Ti's and a mix rig for testing, containing 4 1060 6gb , 2 1070, 2 1070 Ti, 2 1080 and 2 1080 Ti )
What you forget here is that the diff will keep on rising ( even without Asic ) so you have to keep on buying GPU to get the same amount as you get today. You have the cost of electricity, spare parts for if something goes wrong ( dead PSU should be replaced right away, not mining is not making money )

Some basic know how about computers is a must and remember 1 thing, Mining isn't a get rich quick scheme, only invest what you can lose ^^

I see you have a nice price ( almost free ) for electricity, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You said the magic line!! Only invest what you can afford to lose!!

That being said, I believe a cheaper way for a major noob like myself to go is to re-purpose the electronics I am no-longer using and buy cheap parts on Ebay... Learn to put em together, Learn to mine, Learn to trade, then if the hobby still hold my interest, UPGRADE!!

It's like learning to drive. No person in their right mind buys their 16 year old a 70 thousand vette to take their driver's test in.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:25:11 AM

I have fully functional 1060 Rigs I'd sell for $2000 each.

I think I have 5 total.
Mike_Z

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

If you want to meet the price of $ 3,000, then I think I'll have to look for shops where you can buy equipment much cheaper, we in Russia, for example, buy everything on the computer universe, it's much cheaper there
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: