Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:32:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Bitcoin sale through a Credit Card platform  (Read 360 times)
jon@bitcoinads.com (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

I'm just thinking out loud about this. I would guess that there would be large demand for purchasing BTC online with a credit card if you could either arrange with a credit card vendor or set a legal president for creating the transfer.

I would frame the transaction not as a purchase of BTC (we have been over that before on the matter of charge backs) but as a service contract for the provider to make a payment to an address specified in a receipt/contract.

The customer would make a request for a contract to send x number of BTC to an address of their choice and the payment is for the service of the provider to make a transaction to that address. It is a private contract for services rendered. The services can easily be verified against the block chain. This in theory should mean that a customer can't call the CC company and say they made a payment and never received a product because there is no product and the service can be verified publicly.

The contract should also specify that the terms of fulfillment are met by a transaction of X amount appearing on the block chain.

From what I hear there are periods of high demand, a low friction way to buy BTC may be just the thing....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: